G37 Sedan

Can I cancel G37 Sedan Maintenance Plan and get full refund?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 01:51 PM
MOONLIGHT37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti recommends every 3750 miles a new oil change and uses synthetic oil, i dont know what the difference between the oils are but its just like the gas in the car they recommend you to use 91plus but you can use 89. All that they do is just keep your car running smoother, and if you have the service plan why wouldnt you want to get an oil change every 3750 miles?
Old 01-06-2011, 01:54 PM
flashk1021

Thank you all for your input. My plan is schedule 2 which contains 6 services within my 39 months leasing period. According to the maintenance guide,

1. Every 7.5k or 6 months for oil change + tire rotation
2. 15k or 12 months replace in-cabin microfilter
3. 30k or 24 months replace brake fluid, engine air filter, in-cabin microfilter
4. 45k or 36 months replace in-cabin microfilter

So basically, 6 oil change + tire rotation, 2 in-cabin microfilter replacement, 1 engine air filter replacement, 1 brake fluid replacement.

The plan itself cost me $978, and I called them so I can cancel it and get full refund within 60 days after I lease the car.

Here is the price reference from beshoff infiniti in bay area. Beshoff Infiniti | San Jose, CA - New and Used Infiniti's in San Jose | New & Used Car Dealer

It looks like the plan is cheaper than pay to go. Do you guys have any experience of leasing car and not buying the plan? For oil change + tire rotation, can I just go to some national chain store instead of dealer? The $99 or $79 for oil change is a rip off to me, sorry I used to drive honda accord, and oil change is only about $35.

Thank you
Old 01-06-2011, 02:05 PM
flashk1021

Originally Posted by g25dragon
If the maintenance plan is anything like the extended warranty, you should be able to cancel it within 30 days, and after that cancel the "unused portion" on a pro-rated basis.

Esther's recommended, but that doesn't mean the dealer's guaranteed to use it. Esther's recommended on my G25 also, just had my "first oil change free" done. They used QuakerState SynBlend without even asking me.

If the maintenance contract specifies Esther and you feel it is important to fill with Esther, your two year contract isn't a bad deal. On the flip side, your overall cost would be a lot less if you used dino or a synthetic blend and went to an independent shop.

Because it's a 3 year lease, I wouldn't pay any extra to use Esther. It's not required by the warranty, so you can save a lot by using dino or synthetic blends, and as long as you change every 3 months you're fine.

Link below for Beshoff Infiniti San Jose's costs, to give you an idea of what the costs are.

Beshoff Infiniti | San Jose, CA - New and Used Infiniti's in San Jose | New & Used Car Dealer
Dragon, just saw your message. Thank you for the link. Are you in bay area too? Have you ever done service at Beshoff? Reviews on Yelp are pretty good. How did you get your first free oil change free? What is dino btw? Oil change every 3.75k is only for severe driving condition according to the maintenance manual, so I think every 7.5k oil change is enough in my case.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:06 PM
EKinNYC

i leased, and didnt get any service plans. i dont drive alot, so it made no sense anyway. instead, my dealer has a lifetime oil change program (well, lifetime of the lease) where i get free oil changes, and it costs $200 upfront. are they using synthetic oil with esters? most likely not. do i care? not really - if the dealer puts in dino, then who am i to argue against it.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:07 PM
EKinNYC

Originally Posted by flashk1021
What is dino btw?
Dino is regular, non-synthetic oil
Old 01-06-2011, 02:20 PM
s2ktoEvo

You can go anywhere you want for an oil change, or you could do it yourself if you're so inclined. You do NOT have to take your car to a stealership for maintenance.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:24 PM
flashk1021

Originally Posted by EKinNYC
i leased, and didnt get any service plans. i dont drive alot, so it made no sense anyway. instead, my dealer has a lifetime oil change program (well, lifetime of the lease) where i get free oil changes, and it costs $200 upfront. are they using synthetic oil with esters? most likely not. do i care? not really - if the dealer puts in dino, then who am i to argue against it.
$200 for lease life time oil change is pretty good deal... NYC is too far away from here ....

This is the first time I lease a car, so when lease ends, if they find out engine has some build up or some issue due to not frequently changing oil, are they gonna hold you responsible?

Thx.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Chico

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that if you use synthetic oil, you can change it every 7k miles. That's what the Schedule 2 program does.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Chico

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$200 for lease life time oil change is pretty good deal... NYC is too far away from here ....

This is the first time I lease a car, so when lease ends, if they find out engine has some build up or some issue due to not frequently changing oil, are they gonna hold you responsible?

Thx.
What dealer did you get it from? Wonder if I can get it.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:34 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
It looks like the plan is cheaper than pay to go. Do you guys have any experience of leasing car and not buying the plan? For oil change + tire rotation, can I just go to some national chain store instead of dealer? The $99 or $79 for oil change is a rip off to me, sorry I used to drive honda accord, and oil change is only about $35.

Thank you
the plan may be cheaper than going to a dealer for all these services, but as many others have stated: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE YOUR CAR TO THE DEALER FOR ROUTINE AND/OR PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE. for some reason this seems to be a common misconception. i have no idea why someone would throw their money away on dealer servicing. as long as you keep service records, your only visits to a dealer should be for warranty/recall work or to buy the occasional part. but most parts can be purchased online for less than dealer rates too.

if you take your car to a quality independent garage you will come out WAY ahead. and if you do minor items like air and cabin filter DIY you will save even more. these are very simple tasks that require no mechanical aptitude.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:49 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by madmax2k1
I thought all Toyota/Lexus vehicles require service every 5K miles/6 months.
Oil change intravals were increased to 10,000 miles on 2011 Highlanders....my 08 Highlander was 5,000 miles. They are using synthetic oil now. I suspect they still want to perform an "inspection" every 5,000 miles.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:54 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by g25dragon
Esther's recommended, but that doesn't mean the dealer's guaranteed to use it. Esther's recommended on my G25 also, just had my "first oil change free" done. They used QuakerState SynBlend without even asking me.
I spoke to my dealer about this issue...and Infiniti "softened" the recommendation for the 2011 model. My just be a line of BS, but I was told there were some changes made to the 2011 model that make it more acceptable to use regular dino/synthetic oil.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:40 PM
JayDeePee
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I buy 5 quart Penzoil Ultra Synthetic Oil at Walmart. I then take it to the dealer to have them do the labor. They charge me $15 which includes new washers and disposal fee. I can it do it myself, but for $15 I would rather let someone else get dirty plus I have paperwork that proves I have been servicing my leased G. The Air Filter is the easiest to replace and the cabin filter requires a little more time, but it is easy to do. Save your money and do it yourself. I come from an Acura Integra and yes the G is more expensive to own.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:59 PM
flashk1021

Thank you guys. I guess the first thing I will do once I receive the copy of maintenance agreement is to cancel it and get refund. Where to buy Infiniti filter btw? At dealer? Or any compatible filter is ok?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:42 AM
s2ktoEvo

The infiniti/nissan oil filter is garbage. They are essentially rebranded fram filters with cardboard end caps. Even walmart brand filters are better made. Sad huh?

Quick Reply: Can I cancel G37 Sedan Maintenance Plan and get full refund?