G37 Sedan

knock off Tanabes

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 03:41 PM
theophilus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pictures? sound clips? pleaaaaase!

how much custom work was required to get them to fit?
Old 01-04-2011, 03:44 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think Solismo was the one who bought one of those..cant remember how was the sound.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:13 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Pics will be up wheni get home. At the gym and can't add the pics through my phone
Install is Saturday at 8 am
Old 01-04-2011, 06:24 PM
LiquidPlatg37S

Solisimo pists showed pics of horrible quality and craftsmanship by topspeed maybe they got their act together. Curious for pics... but in the end u get ehat u pay for judt my.02...
Old 01-05-2011, 05:41 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Pics, Like I said the welds and quality look good for $200 I think it was well worth it.

Last edited by ANMVQ; 01-16-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:14 PM
theophilus

the welds don't look bad at all for a $200 piece. can't wait to see the finished installation!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:20 PM
TheIvoryG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The welds are good, and the entire exterior of the mufflers is actually very clean. The only dissapointing physical appearance is the inner rim of the tips. It is sort of a "brushed" look for some reason. Not terrible, but just different than the rest of it.

Definitely worth it for the price imo...mainly because of the sound...
Old 01-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Chico

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it really an upgrade if you install cheapass parts? I think it's funny to drive a 40K+ car and try to get the cheapest...
Old 01-05-2011, 12:29 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
The welds are good, and the entire exterior of the mufflers is actually very clean. The only dissapointing physical appearance is the inner rim of the tips. It is sort of a "brushed" look for some reason. Not terrible, but just different than the rest of it.

Definitely worth it for the price imo...mainly because of the sound...

+100 for that, I saw the inner lip of the tips also but how is going to be looking inside the tip, LOL.. The Top Speed stamp looks pretty good also..
Old 01-05-2011, 12:32 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Chico
Is it really an upgrade if you install cheapass parts? I think it's funny to drive a 40K+ car and try to get the cheapest...
No one is driving a 40k+ car and looking for the cheapest parts, Just looking for an option other than $600 for the Tanbes and $1200 for a catback.. Don't you think that $600 for pair of mufflers is a little extreme?? My Mazdaspeeds, Cat back ( Turbo XS) is only $298..
Just trying to give the people here with the sedans another option.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:52 PM
JoshLee89

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
where was the $600 Tanabe Axle Back?
Let me buy it. lol

I really want to see the final product b4 I order tanabe mufflers
Old 01-05-2011, 02:59 PM
LightsOut

If you are driving a 40k car, why are you not driving a 60k car?

Modding and saving gets a +1 from me
Old 01-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Chico

Originally Posted by LightsOut
If you are driving a 40k car, why are you not driving a 60k car?

Modding and saving gets a +1 from me
I don't have a problem with saving money. I'm a freak when it comes to getting things at the lowest price. My post was about "cheap things" or low quality. Why get knock offs in a car like this? Go for the real thing. Do your research and find the best price. If you can afford this car, obviously you can afford a real upgrade. Knock off exhaust systems are for Honda Civics.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't have a problem with saving money. I'm a freak when it comes to getting things at the lowest price. My post was about "cheap things" or low quality. Why get knock offs in a car like this? Go for the real thing. Do your research and find the best price. If you can afford this car, obviously you can afford a real upgrade. Knock off exhaust systems are for Honda Civics.
I think statements like this are ridiculous. Really? Just because you have the money to have nice things doesn't mean you need to waste it either. I'm all about buying quality things, but when it comes to an exhaust, it's pretty much all the same metal, tubing, and baffles. Yes, sometimes there's a variance as far as stainless, etc. but if the "name brand" and the "knock off" are similar, why not the knock off? Usually the "name brand" cost so much because of the R&D, but if once it comes out and the "knock off" copies it, then paying for the "name brand" sounds like a wast of money. If it gives the same performance and a quality sound, then why not?

Granted we don't have a longevity test on the quality, but it looks fairly well made, and until there is a negative about this set, I say save your money and go for it.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Chico

Originally Posted by Ibanez540r
I think statements like this are ridiculous. Really? Just because you have the money to have nice things doesn't mean you need to waste it either. I'm all about buying quality things, but when it comes to an exhaust, it's pretty much all the same metal, tubing, and baffles. Yes, sometimes there's a variance as far as stainless, etc. but if the "name brand" and the "knock off" are similar, why not the knock off? Usually the "name brand" cost so much because of the R&D, but if once it comes out and the "knock off" copies it, then paying for the "name brand" sounds like a wast of money. If it gives the same performance and a quality sound, then why not?

Granted we don't have a longevity test on the quality, but it looks fairly well made, and until there is a negative about this set, I say save your money and go for it.
Wow! I love how you contradict yourself. Do yourself a favor and get an Altima. Probably you won't notice the difference between the Altima and the G37, and they both made by the same company. Go ahead, save the money and don't pay for the name brand.

Quick Reply: knock off Tanabes