G37 Sedan

be careful in the snow

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 03:22 PM
s2ktoEvo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
be careful in the snow

I saw a G37 sedan casualty of the snow while going to the store today. Looked like they went over a curb into a yard. Cop was there getting info. The hood didn't line up right with the rest of the car, looks like they bent the frame or something.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:13 PM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
awd or rwd? If it snows people should just run snow tires instead of sliding around everywhere!
Old 12-26-2010, 05:22 PM
spect2k

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was driving around my awd sedan with new dunlop 3d winter tires. I was sliding around and realized how bad the awd system is on these cars in comparison to subaru and audi. I guess it is more performance based, but awd and snow tires won't save you in the snow in this car. Then again, I suppose it's quite a bit better then a RWD car running summers or all-seasons!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Amon_Ra

Lol be happy you have RWD...I went out a lot earlier to get stuff before the snow hit...wasn't a lot of snow on the ground but you have to feather the throttle from a complete stop or have fun spinning your tires
Old 12-26-2010, 06:26 PM
blitzebill

Originally Posted by spect2k
I was driving around my awd sedan with new dunlop 3d winter tires. I was sliding around and realized how bad the awd system is on these cars in comparison to subaru and audi. I guess it is more performance based, but awd and snow tires won't save you in the snow in this car. Then again, I suppose it's quite a bit better then a RWD car running summers or all-seasons!
+++++++++++++

the AWD on the G is superb and considered one of the best on the market.

I have the G sedan and it runs in AWD in the snow very well!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:28 PM
SindhiStyle

Originally Posted by blitzebill
+++++++++++++

the AWD on the G is superb and considered one of the best on the market.

I have the G sedan and it runs in AWD in the snow very well!

I dont know if I would ever cal the AWD on the G "superb" I would use the word subpar when comparing it to the quattro system in an Audi, the AWD in a subaru or the 4matic in a Mercedes...and this is from personal experience owning them all. After saying that, I would never say its terrible either...but you still do need to be a little more careful with the G then with some other AWD systems.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:44 PM
G hits the spot

I also have the Dunlop 3D's and have had no problems here in Canada.
I do wish the G had a awd lock for snowy conditions,though.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:44 PM
gooddeal

I think the AWD is really good, imo. I was on my way from Atlantic City to Philly this afternoon with my Altima and I drove faster than most cars with no problem.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:57 AM
RhiNoKiLL

yeah this is my first awd car....i havent gotten stuck or anything but i have to be really careful on the gas...reallllllllly careful
Old 12-27-2010, 01:57 AM
Icerider2001

As another former Subaru owner, I must agree that the Infiniti AWD is subpar. I also don't exactly feel confident in my ability to power the car through a slide the way I could in the subbie (G is just too automated).
Old 12-27-2010, 02:19 AM
tony_m_777
Registered Member

Originally Posted by spect2k
It's probably because of the tires you use and your driving habits; you will need to invest some money on good winter tires and learn to drive for the snow/ice conditions. I live in Canada and have a G37X Sedan with no problems driving at all in the snow but I do have good winter tires and have been driving in the snow for many many years now.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:57 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
didn't get a chance to put on winter tires.
on the slightest incline I could barley make it up the hill.
the ground only had barley covered with snow,not even an inch.
that slip light was going on every second, I was feathering the throttle @1700 rpm wheels were slipping bad!!
time to cop some winter tires.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:40 AM
KLB

The AWD on the crappy Dodge Caliber is better than the G's AWD. With the RSA's that came with the car it was borderline horrible. I had the rear end swing out on my a number of times while just driving down the road at a steady speed. The AWD always kicked in and straightened the car out, but I was in the middle of the road by then. Luckily there was never a car coming towards me at that time.With the Yoko W*Drives I have now it is good.

I think just about any full-time AWD will beat it. The AWD may react quickly, but it still needs to react.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:09 AM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The AWD on the G is better than the others from a performance point of view since it is RWD biased. But in the snow the others perform a little better.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Me Too Blitzebill ... One of the best on the market. My 07 G35X handled better than our Pathfinder in some snow situations. Don't forget those with AWD X models, from a standing start - there is a Snow Mode switch on your console. Try it. It works. It starts the car in second gear, less slipping.

Quick Reply: be careful in the snow