G37 Sedan

It's in my driveway right now!!!/ Advice please

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 03:10 PM
boiler725

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's in my driveway right now!!!/ Advice please

I finally did it! I am the proud new owner of a 2011 G37xS Graphite Shadow graphite/prem/nav. After 2 1/2 years in my Maxima it was time for the FWD, CVT and turning radius of an aircraft carrier to go. It was a sporty sedan but by no means was it a sports sedan. I was able to take advantage of VPP A plan pricing and ended up paying $2750 under invoice

I had posted previously asking about the subtle differences in nav v. non-nav and most responded by saying to get nav or I would regret it... I can say that I do not regret getting the nav package even after having the car a single day. The level of integration and touch screen are major advantages in my mind. Thanks to all for their advice on that!

I do have a question that I am curious about... If you were a brand new G owner... what would you definitely do or do differently this time around?

Christmas is definitely a little merrier this year!DOMO
Old 12-24-2010, 03:15 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by boiler725
I finally did it! I am the proud new owner of a 2011 G37xS Graphite Shadow graphite/prem/nav. After 2 1/2 years in my Maxima it was time for the FWD, CVT and turning radius of an aircraft carrier to go. It was a sporty sedan but by no means was it a sports sedan. I was able to take advantage of VPP A plan pricing and ended up paying $2750 under invoice

I had posted previously asking about the subtle differences in nav v. non-nav and most responded by saying to get nav or I would regret it... I can say that I do not regret getting the nav package even after having the car a single day. The level of integration and touch screen are major advantages in my mind. Thanks to all for their advice on that!

I do have a question that I am curious about... If you were a brand new G owner... what would you definitely do or do differently this time around?

I came from 15 years of Maxima ownership. The main things that I am doing are tint, Eibach springs, and cat-back exhaust (probably ARK). I just spent too much on a winter setup.

I've always wanted to add a blower but end up putting the money towards a newer/better car.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:40 PM
needsoju
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
My company now offers VPP, so I would have taken advantage of that. Other than that, I would not do anything different.

I could try to negotiate better pricing. I feel like now I could have gotten better deal.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Chico

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratualtions! I just got my G37x last Friday. Black on graphite, Premium, Nav, and sport packages. When I started shopping I was hoping to get only the premium package at a great price, ended up getting everything for about $2750 below like you. It's my first G and I wouldn't change anything. I love the car.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:12 PM
jimrock187

Congrats! I just picked up my G37XS last monday.. loving the car.. I came from honda accord V6 coupe, and nissan maxima..
Old 12-27-2010, 04:21 PM
TheIvoryG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not something I would do differently, but in fact the same, read read read. Learn what is out there, what works and what doesn't, and make your decisions slowly. That has kept me a happy G owner for quite a few years, and keeps me really enjoying the mods and changes I do on my cars. I see too many people make snap decisions(this isn't just G owners...but just in general) then a few months later they want to swap things out again because it isn't what they really wanted.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:41 PM
G37xs21

Can u post some pics of the car? I would like to see the front end.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:40 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Nicely done. I got my new 2011 G37S Limited Edition the day AFTER Christmas. Had an 04 G35 that I didn't really want to part with... but I had to get the new one.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:11 PM
fuzzynoise

Congrats!! I got my black on black G37 Prem/Nav Sedan 2 1/2 weeks ago. I had a 2007 G35 Journey Prem/Nav that I upgraded from. Man, I love these Gs!
Old 02-12-2011, 11:32 PM
gduece22

Me 2!

I just picked up a Black/Black G37xs Premium sport black grill and spoiler. Love it had everything from 500hp STi to CLS55. The G is a pretty great car. Really really want the ARk exhaust but they are way off on making as they dont have an AWD G37 sedan as a template? Might have to go Fast Intentions. Tinted today, changing out all bulbs to L.E.D. Tomorrow.! Congrats!
Old 02-13-2011, 12:26 AM
mwinters1

Well, you must have read my mind. A year ago I bought a 2010 Maxima because it was a little cheaper than a G sedan. After that year I was so sick of that CVT I couldn't see straight.

I have a friend that works for Nissan Corporate, so got a VPP "C" - not as good as some of you, but still pretty good.

Wish I had done this a year ago!!!

2011 G37 Coupe Journey / Graphite Shadow / Graphite / Premium / Nav

Last edited by mwinters1; 02-13-2011 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Forgot to post my car details
Old 02-13-2011, 12:53 AM
erdog
Registered Member

I just got my 2011 G37S 6MT 3 weeks ago. Still getting used to the MT but loving it more and more each day.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:56 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
congrats on the new G!
Old 02-13-2011, 01:19 AM
NYCMaxima

I can honestly say i love the trans in my 7 Gen Maxima, but Im glad you got what makes you happy! Congratulations on your purchase!
Old 02-13-2011, 03:16 AM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
post some pics up when you get a chance

Quick Reply: It's in my driveway right now!!!/ Advice please