G37 Sedan

Snow!!! AWD !!! pretty good...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kanariya
Drove a long route in the blizzard from Long Island back to Brooklyn with the OEM Good Year all season.
The AWD handled really well as I was passing by countless cars that got stuck on the road.

A few times the traction broke lose when making turns but i was able to recover easily.
Going over slopes and inches of snow was no problem.

I was pleased with the performance but the traffic still sucked.
The sanitation department did a really poor job in Brooklyn.
kanartiya: I'm in Westchester. Our roads were pretty much passable by Monday morning. Suburbia is different than the City (Brooklyn), BUT THE TAXES ARE A LOT HIGHER !!! I guess ther'e a price for everything. I made into work in Jericho LI, in less time than normal. No cars on the road.

Anyway, I have a 2010 G37X, had a 2007 G35X, the car is Terrific in the snow and heavy wet stuff. Yes you do slip and slide around corners, etc... but the traction is great. I will say it better than our Honda CRV with AWD, easily.... Almost at ar with our old 4 X 4 2001 Pathfinder. The Pathy was and is made for deep snow, sand, etc., but on snow covered streets - plowed or not plowed to the pavement, the G does vwery well, even with Goodyear RSAs. You put better more capable all weather - snow tires, you could handle a lot. Of course, you don't have the ground clearance of SUVs, but for commuting its all you need in this part of the country. I do see Subbies get arounf very well too !!!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:23 AM
TONY37X

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Anyway, I have a 2010 G37X, had a 2007 G35X, the car is Terrific in the snow and heavy wet stuff. Yes you do slip and slide around corners, etc... but the traction is great. I will say it better than our Honda CRV with AWD, easily.... Almost at par with our old 4 X 4 2001 Pathfinder. The Pathy was and is made for deep snow, sand, etc., but on snow covered streets - plowed or not plowed to the pavement, the G does vwery well, even with Goodyear RSAs. You put better more capable all weather - snow tires, you could handle a lot. Of course, you don't have the ground clearance of SUVs, but for commuting its all you need in this part of the country. I do see Subbies get around very well too !!!
*** *** Couldn't have said it better myself! Finally somebody who understands why me love our G's, understands what the car was built to do and not do , and appreciates the blend of luxury, performance and class that no other Sedan can compete with at the 35-45K price point.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:06 PM
EKinNYC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
considering how poorly the dept of sanitation cleaned the side streets in brooklyn, i think the G handled pretty well with SNOW on. Where the streets havent been cleaned, cars have made tracks that you could follow in, but the inside snow stack keeps scraping my car's (non S) chin... i cant imagine having an xS with such a low front!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 01:01 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EKinNYC
considering how poorly the dept of sanitation cleaned the side streets in brooklyn, i think the G handled pretty well with SNOW on. Where the streets havent been cleaned, cars have made tracks that you could follow in, but the inside snow stack keeps scraping my car's (non S) chin... i cant imagine having an xS with such a low front!!!
They did a really bad job cleaning up. Beyond words! After you watch this video, do you still want to park on the street?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lop26TSJ5eg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lop26TSJ5eg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sorry for the off topic. I just have to vent.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:04 PM
EKinNYC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i knew what the video was of as soon as i got the email notification on my blackberry about this post. terrible!!! luckily, i park in a garage in my building.

although, on a few occasions, ive almost gotten sideswiped by a sanitation truck, and got pelted by salt and rocks kicked up by the tire chains
Old 01-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
luv my x in the snow! ;-D