G37 Sedan

Sport or Aero Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 01:53 PM
MOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
perhaps this will help you, albeit not an "X" and mine is an '09...this is both the sport package and the aero package together.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:23 PM
clutch5

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2.5 pack
I just noticed that there is a 2011 Limited Edition. Does the limited edition have the Aero kit already or is it just the Sport? I know it comes with the 9 spoke rims that would cost an extra $1600 through the factory.

You think it's cheaper to get the g37x and add on the sport and aero kit or just get the limited edition that comes with everything I want already?

Thanks again guys.
The limited edition might be slightly cheaper than piecing one together, but the infiniti website isn't clear on all the options the Limited Edition has. They only call out sport, premium, navagation, and black grill but it does seem it has all the pieces of the aero package, and has 18" 9-spoke wheels but it's not stated anywhere that those are the same as the option package W92, but it wouldn't make much sense to have a custom 9-spoke version just for the LE.

The monaco red interior seems to turn many people off. I like it OK, but it would have looked nicer to have some of that red leather as door accents like they do in the IPL coupe.

The malbec black paint (has red metal flakes that sparkle in sunlight) would be a nice paint for a show car that never sees the road, but that's a really difficult paint to touch up small rock chips or scratches without it being obvious. Those things are bound to happen eventually.

So in spite of liking the color itself, it's the impracticality of maintaining it that is giving me pause on the LE. Solid black would have been a better choice in that regard, if they wanted a dark color.

Just something to consider.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:18 PM
2.5 pack

I am probably just going to get the Sport with the Aero kit since I am on a budget. I think the Limited Edition is pretty much non negotiable in price even if I can still find one. I think the Sport Aero invoice is about 42K negotiable and the LE is 48K not too negotiable. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:05 PM
MalbecS

Get the limited edition, thats what I did. Not only do you get every package available but you also get a malbec black paint and monaco red seats which aren't available on any other Gs. Believe me you won't regret it!
Old 12-13-2010, 04:23 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Pictures by KENNYATINFINITIOFMASSAPEQUA - Photobucket
search here for more photos...

actually if you order a 2011 G37x AWD Sedan with premium pkg, sport package, navigation package, midnight grille, aerodynamic package,
Old 12-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Jayhawk815

Originally Posted by danno62
Hey, how are things out there in Dodge? I know Dodge is a real mecca for fancy wheels and all the engineering that goes into them. Plus you guys are absolutely the best when it comes to Value Focus Groups on anything involving the auto industry. I assume that's why you have all the "top guns" in the automotive world living there.
You know nothing about the town I currently live in, nor have a clue of where I've lived previously, went to college, studied in college or what I do for a living. Your ignorance and assumptions you presented here do little to promote your competency.

I was trying to answer the OP's question regarding wheels and prices. Seemed, like most people, he has a budget and was looking where to place his money. Thought an example of going at a lower cost on wheels, with reasonable look-a-like style, might be of help to him. Perhaps allow him to get the other items he is considering and stay within that budget. Didn't mean to "downgrade" the incredible, pricey wheels you must have on your great car.
I have the sport wheels that came with my G, and yes, changing to those cheap aftermarket knockoffs would most certainly be a "downgrade."

Guess I'm just not as wise as you when it comes to wheels, values, weights, understanding and whatever. Or perhaps I do understand what I want...who knows? I don't think I said upgraded...that was your term...one of those fancy automotive buzz words I reckon.

You know, I was just looking for a different look. These wheels weigh 22.8 pounds each...check with the Federal Automotive Library there in Dodge and see what the stocks weigh...you might be surprised. Since the tires had only 400 miles on them I thought I continue to use them on the different wheels I purchased...so I stayed with the same size. Will that keep dealers from trading with me? Please let me know. But ya know, heavier wheels or not, I'm still getting down to the Kroger's (like a Winn-Dixie) store, post office and sports bar in ample time and haven't noticed a bit of change in the G's I'm pulling around all the corners I encounter.
Why would you edit/add this to your previous post? Perhaps you failed at Geography in school, but Kansas is not in the "South" and is not populated with Winn-Dixie Grocery Stores. I am, however, familiar with Kroger Co. and its various banners. I find it interesting how you mock Kansas while living in Indiana.

If and when I go to sell the car, I guess I could put the stocks back on or just pitch them...it really isn't a priority for me. My priority was to have a different multi-spoke wheel, for not a lot of money...I achieved that. Sorry it is not understandable to you. Now go urinate on a different parade.
So, we both apologize via another post and PM, then you go and edit your previous post, adding condescesion and insults to it? Who does that? Are you Bi-polar? Schizophrenic? If you had a change of heart(or personality), why not add an additional post or another PM rather than edit a previous post?

If anyone cares, danno62's original post was quoted in post #18. Is this indicative of this poster's habits in general?

Edit: danno62's creative editting took place after my apology, but before his own.

Last edited by Jayhawk815; 12-13-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: accuracy
Old 12-13-2010, 05:39 PM
2.5 pack

Originally Posted by da mayor
Pictures by KENNYATINFINITIOFMASSAPEQUA - Photobucket
search here for more photos...

actually if you order a 2011 G37x AWD Sedan with premium pkg, sport package, navigation package, midnight grille, aerodynamic package,
.....and what? not sure what you are trying to say.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:43 PM
2.5 pack

Originally Posted by MalbecS
Get the limited edition, thats what I did. Not only do you get every package available but you also get a malbec black paint and monaco red seats which aren't available on any other Gs. Believe me you won't regret it!
I really do like the red leather but I think I can get the AWD, Sport, Premium, NAV, illuminated kickplates, and Aero kit for 42K out the door. Even if I do find a Limited Edition I think it is about 47K.

If my numbers are off please let me know.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:52 PM
g37ny

just get the coupe in sport nuff said
Old 12-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Morrissey

Originally Posted by da mayor

[IMG]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs343.ash2/62319_1537960562496_1039320461_31554017_1779723_n. jpg

choose one
in these pics it's a non sport. a sport.
and the pic UNDER them is an aero pkg.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:04 AM
gee wiz

Originally Posted by Morrissey
in these pics it's a non sport. a sport.
and the pic UNDER them is an aero pkg.
Hmmm...referencing da mayors post, on my screen the aero on sport model is immediately to the right of this pic. The pic below shows a front facing side-by-side view of the non sport and sport without aero. Our screens must be configured differently?
Old 12-14-2010, 12:27 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

aero in graphite shadow --- those are the limited edition wheels... this shown is a 2010 anniversary edition sedan

2011 sport w/ aero

the limited edition 2011 sedan... only 200 made is the plus part