G37 Sedan

final picture post.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 11:06 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
^ i have the same setup, no camber kit required. all in spec except slight (0.1) negative rear camber.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:26 AM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
thanks for the info.just wanted to make sure before i order my springs.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:43 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
MOB,

quick question for ya: have you seen your car rolling from the outside? ie have you had someone else drive it down the freeway with you in another car? you notice it being a bit more "bouncy" on the freeways; even the slightest bit? i've noticed this with lots of spring kits, etc.. buddy of mine put h&r springs on his coupe. it had that "bouncy" look to it; definitely different than his oem struts. i HATE that, hence the reason why i went with coils on the previous car. WHY is this decision SO DARN hard for ME?! lol

by the way, the GT Spec strut's AWESOME, is it not?! it really does clean the roll in the front
Old 02-08-2011, 12:23 PM
MOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eksigned
MOB,

quick question for ya: have you seen your car rolling from the outside? ie have you had someone else drive it down the freeway with you in another car? you notice it being a bit more "bouncy" on the freeways; even the slightest bit? i've noticed this with lots of spring kits, etc.. buddy of mine put h&r springs on his coupe. it had that "bouncy" look to it; definitely different than his oem struts. i HATE that, hence the reason why i went with coils on the previous car. WHY is this decision SO DARN hard for ME?! lol

by the way, the GT Spec strut's AWESOME, is it not?! it really does clean the roll in the front
the only outside view I've had is on the rare occassion my wife runs it to the store....and I see her leave the driveway/street. I really don't feel it being "bouncy", however there is certainly more road feel. So my one-two would be that it's more of a postive rigid feel vs. bouncy. I guess it's all a matter of driver perspective in the end....while I think it feels right, someone else who is used to driving a Camry or other non-sport sedan would think it's bouncy because it's stiffer, and someone coming from coils would have a different opinion. I too went back and forth on this and given the ride height, feel, and low impact on the pocket book this was the right decision for my daily driver that gets 20K+ miles of road time each year. For about $425 total (springs & install) I got exactly what I wanted. Coils make no sense for my application/needs nor did another spring that goes down a bit lower that may bring that bounce you mention....+ no camber kit needed either. In my opinion, the Eibach's are a perfect option & compliment to the G's sport package....but if you're using stock wheels spacers (20-25MM) are a must to flush it out to the fender. And yes, the GTspec did exactly that....cleaned up the front roll instantly...love it. Really looking forward to getting the new adustable Eibach sways too....that'll finish off my suspension plans nicely.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:28 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
MOB,

IMO the bouncy look is when you lower the car to far and the oem shocks cant handle it.they are not as stiff as after market shocks made for lowering springs.its always best to by shocks that support your drop.im going to try the oem shocks on the eibach but will probably switch them if i dont like the ride.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:08 PM
MOB

Originally Posted by chuckie311
IMO the bouncy look is when you lower the car to far and the oem shocks cant handle it.they are not as stiff as after market shocks made for lowering springs.its always best to by shocks that support your drop.im going to try the oem shocks on the eibach but will probably switch them if i dont like the ride.
my understanding after doing quite a bit of research with both vendors and Eibach directly, is that the Eibach PK was designed & developed for the G35/37 with the sport package in mind. If you have a non-sport, your result will be very different than mine with the S package since the non-S ride is very soft in comparison.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:18 PM
MOB

Every time I wash my car, I fall in love with it all over again. LoL

Invidia, ohhhh Invidia, where for art thou Invidia? Coming soon....
Old 02-21-2011, 08:28 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by MOB

Did you consider the Ark?
Old 02-21-2011, 09:56 PM
dpattana
Registered Member

Just ordered the Eibachs too. I'm debating if I should get spacers also. Were you able to use the stock lug nuts with the spacers? My friend is a tech for Honda and says that if I get spacer larger than 10mm that I would need to get new lug nuts (not really an issue, but just curious).

Originally Posted by MOB
Here are the pics after the spacers went on. 20MM H&R DRM's on all four corners. Flush, no rubbing, absolutely zero vibration....exactly the look & feel I wanted.....

Rear

Front

Old 02-21-2011, 11:37 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MOB
Every time I wash my car, I fall in love with it all over again. LoL

Mob,

Very nice. Looks like the car settled a bit more.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:43 AM
MOB

Originally Posted by rks
Did you consider the Ark?
I did....but for considerably less cost the Invidia is the right choice for me.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:47 AM
MOB

Originally Posted by dpattana
Just ordered the Eibachs too. I'm debating if I should get spacers also. Were you able to use the stock lug nuts with the spacers? My friend is a tech for Honda and says that if I get spacer larger than 10mm that I would need to get new lug nuts (not really an issue, but just curious).
the H&R DRM spacers are pure bolt-on, with studs already in place....stock nuts work.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:50 AM
MOB

Mob,

Very nice. Looks like the car settled a bit more.
Thanks! Yep, ended up just the way I wanted it & rides very smooth & sporty. Very happy with the Eibachs.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Tsugumo

Looks really nice. I think these springs will be on my to do list this summer.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:29 PM
MOB

Originally Posted by Tsugumo
Looks really nice. I think these springs will be on my to do list this summer.
Thanks! I do recommend the Eibach PK for a noticeable, yet somewhat subtle drop. Very friendly mod to the daily driver.