G37 Sedan

final picture post.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 02:30 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Looking good.

Originally Posted by MOB
And I've got to say, whoever says that Eibach's alone (on the S package struts) aren't a handling upgrade and are just for looks.....well, you're simply wrong.
Most who say that tend to compare the Eibach's with your typical linear-rate springs which are certainly more of a handling upgrade than the Eibach's especially when aggressive driving is concerned. There is no right or wrong, it's just a matter of how one person defines "upgrade" and how they use their equipment.

Originally Posted by MOB
Thanks for the kind comments. I am very happy with the result. Springs are such a simple solution to what Infiniti failed at offering with the sport package.
From an aesthetics perspective, i agree. But let's face it, not all roads are built the same, if i had to drop my co's all the way down i'd be scraping again Personally, i think a slightly lower height from OEM with slightly stiffer springs and dampers would be perfect.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:11 PM
MOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^thanks SM.

The Eibach, in my opinion, is most certainly an upgrade over the stock feel. The more discriminating & experienced tuner would likely tell a different tale as it being sub-par for their needs. But I'm the lehman, non-mechanic, non-weekend tinkerer, lacking in tools and time, set it and forget it kinda person on a tight budget and this was a simple change that made a big difference in both feel and looks. Now, they're definitely not going to bring performance results to the extent of a CO system but that would be overkill for MY particular needs and isn't in the budget. If I were tracking the car regularly and wanted all the height/stiffness adjustability that comes with CO's, I absolutely would go coilovers no question.....but I would have also gutted the inside down to metal and sold off all the interior parts to put the cash together and it would result in a pure track car minus the baby seats in the back.

"Personally, i think a slightly lower height from OEM with slightly stiffer springs and dampers would be perfect"

I totally agree with you. I almost walked away from the G because the factory sport package was lacking in the proper stance & stiffness when compared to a couple others in its class....but after driving several of them, I do prefer the G inside & out which is why it's in my garage. For the money, this is a fabulous car.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:08 PM
MOB

Originally Posted by DustinEarnhardt
MOB,

Thanks for the detailed update. I'm still on the fence about the Eibach's vs the NF210s, but this is definitely food for thought. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

When you purchased the Eibachs, did you consider the NF210s as well? If so, what made you decide to get the Eibachs?
While I did read a little about them, I didn't really "consider" them to be honest. I've had Eibach products on previous cars and never had any issues or things to complain about. Kinda just went with what I knew. I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think I recall reading somewhere that the most common feedback on the NF210's was that the ride was good and yet they didn't go low enough, and that the Eibach's dropped a bit more. Don't quote me on it though.....
Old 12-14-2010, 07:53 PM
TheIvoryG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Eibachs are known for having more of a stock feel in general from my perspective. Tanabe is known for a bit more street racer feel. From what I researched, Tanabe did a great job with the NF210, and the differences are mainly in drop...and are not that different. NF210 drops the rear a bit more so the car is even, but the tire gap is different. Eibach keeps tire gaps the same, but has a slight rake. To be fair, we are talking 1/10s of inches difference here.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:56 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
rather annoying how ALL the eibach pro kit drops on our cars give different drops. the other few i saw, the front wheel was TUCKED under the fender in the front didn't want that, but love yours! ahhh!!

looks perfect!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 12:21 AM
MOB

Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
Eibachs are known for having more of a stock feel in general from my perspective. Tanabe is known for a bit more street racer feel. From what I researched, Tanabe did a great job with the NF210, and the differences are mainly in drop...and are not that different. NF210 drops the rear a bit more so the car is even, but the tire gap is different. Eibach keeps tire gaps the same, but has a slight rake. To be fair, we are talking 1/10s of inches difference here.
that is interesting....in reading some other posts, ive seen some that interchange the two...Eibach front, Tanabe rear kinda thing to be different & very specific, down to the tenth of an inch as you mention.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:50 AM
OMG35S

Nice upgrade.. Please post up your alignment specs before and after the alignment.. Did you purchase any camber kits?
Old 12-15-2010, 12:55 AM
MOB

Originally Posted by eksigned
rather annoying how ALL the eibach pro kit drops on our cars give different drops. the other few i saw, the front wheel was TUCKED under the fender in the front didn't want that, but love yours! ahhh!!

looks perfect!!!
thanks, its working so far & i dig it. 20mm H&R DRM spacers went on today & really filled out the wheel wells....it's flush. They are intended to be temporary until i sack up on a set of wheels which could be a while because of another project. I actually like the stocks but they're not wide enough. If they were 18x9 & 18x10.0/.5 I probably would'nt change.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:12 AM
MOB

Originally Posted by OMG35S
Nice upgrade.. Please post up your alignment specs before and after the alignment.. Did you purchase any camber kits?
I'll try to remember. Forgot to take pics before the spacers went on.....and it was a subtle but big difference. I'll at least
post the after pics though. Didn't opt for the camber kit...dont think I'll need them. Guess I'll find out this weekend at the alignment rack.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:26 PM
MOB

Here are the pics after the spacers went on. 20MM H&R DRM's on all four corners. Flush, no rubbing, absolutely zero vibration....exactly the look & feel I wanted.....

Rear

Front

Old 12-16-2010, 08:59 AM
black_sedan
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MOB
Here are the pics after the spacers went on. 20MM H&R DRM's on all four corners. Flush, no rubbing, absolutely zero vibration....exactly the look & feel I wanted.....
How about a full side shot with spacers on?
Old 12-22-2010, 02:26 PM
MOB

Here's the side view with the Eibach PK and 20mm H&R's. GTspec tower bar goes on tonight. She's way dirty from all this rain, but you get the idea.....

Old 12-22-2010, 03:01 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
I think the factory 18s could use more than 20mm's

Looking good nevertheless!
Old 02-07-2011, 01:02 PM
MOB

GTspec brace installed

am I hallucinating, or do I actually notice turn-in being tighter now with the GTspec brace installed? Even if it is a placebo effect, the bar looks killer & was cake to install.

gotta love a 4-door slotcar. sways & exhaust are next......
Old 02-07-2011, 06:51 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
just curious if you used the camber kit when you lowered it?? or were they able to get it aligned pretty good

Quick Reply: final picture post.....