G37 Sedan

Fml

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 11:01 AM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
OP - i assume you are going to contest the tickets in court?

unless you were blowing by other cars, the speeds you were clocked at are likely the "speed of traffic". that is commonly known as the safe rate of speed. you can certainly come up with a reasonable defense, and a justice of the peace (judge) would be inclined to reduce the fine or suspend the conviction all together. whatever you do, do not pay the tickets. that admits your guilt as charged.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:24 AM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sometimes i have to drive an hour to the office and once i got out there one morning the cops were all over the place. i could tell that the town of hoffman estates is looking to boost revenue. i got 3 different Ka detections on my radar then i would see them sneaking after each one. one car was behind a bush that nobody could see but i knew he was around and i spotted him. another cop was hiding in the corner of a parking lot then another one turning a corner. they were scamming big time it was rediculous!
Old 12-10-2010, 01:29 PM
stratos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canucklehead

unless you were blowing by other cars, the speeds you were clocked at are likely the "speed of traffic". that is commonly known as the safe rate of speed. you can certainly come up with a reasonable defense, and a justice of the peace (judge) would be inclined to reduce the fine or suspend the conviction all together. whatever you do, do not pay the tickets. that admits your guilt as charged.
You are assuming the judge is not in in the revenue generating "scam". Most of the times (read 99.99%) they(cops, DA, Judge) expect you to show up in court where they will offer you a lower offense, one that carries less or no points, in exchange for a higher fine + court expenses.

My advice to the OP, if your offense has no points towards your license just pay the damn thing and avoid wasting your time in court and ending up paying more at the end. If points are an issue for you then prepare to go through the motions of meeting with the DA at the court date and pleading no guilty and see what he offers you instead.

In the meantime, you guys be careful out there. Lots of states and local municipalities, with their bottom line in the red, are looking for a way to cover their expenses. Unsuspecting drivers has always been an easy "cow" to milk.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:31 PM
1BadAssG

Originally Posted by canucklehead

I told the cop that pulled me over that I was going with the flow of traffic and it's unbelievable to be ticked at 4 miles or 5 miles over speed cuz at testing to get your license you are given 5 over the limit but the douche was like you were still going over the limit.

Now I'm grandpaing and letting all the ricers get ahead since I'm so damn scared that I'll get another ticket. Suck it or ticket lol.

Btw thanks for the input everyone.

I LOVE MY G37
Old 12-10-2010, 01:44 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by stratos
You are assuming the judge is not in in the revenue generating "scam". Most of the times (read 99.99%) they(cops, DA, Judge) expect you to show up in court where they will offer you a lower offense, one that carries less or no points, in exchange for a higher fine + court expenses.

My advice to the OP, if your offense has no points towards your license just pay the damn thing and avoid wasting your time in court and ending up paying more at the end. If points are an issue for you then prepare to go through the motions of meeting with the DA at the court date and pleading no guilty and see what he offers you instead.
i disagree. the OP says he was travelling with the flow of traffic, so it appears he was just picked out of the crowd. any reasonable justice of the peace will use discretion in a case where the offender was within a few MPH of the limit and travelling with the flow of traffic. (UNLESS SPEEDING IN A SCHOOL/PARK ZONE).

it is best to plead GUILTY, but with reason. the reason will be the offender's explaination that, while technicallly he may have been 4mph over, he was travelling with traffic surrounded by others going the same speed. at 4mph over this is reasonable. in light of the facts, as long as they are true, a judge will be inclined to suspend the violation so no record will show on a driver record.

that's my 0.02. it has worked for me before and many others i know. you can not abuse this and a defense should be sincere - don't try this if you are trying to get out of an blatant infraction like 50mph in a 30 zone. traffic violations will show on a driver abstract and could affect future employment so if the OP has a legitimate defense, use it.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:52 PM
123u

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stratos

In the meantime, you guys be careful out there. Lots of states and local municipalities, with their bottom line in the red, are looking for a way to cover their expenses. Unsuspecting drivers has always been an easy "cow" to milk.
indeed!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 04:30 PM
bocaytomas

Don Meshal,

Where in UAE? in Dubai the times I've gone i have NEVER seen any cops, Well I've only ever seen 2 cops, one a BMW 5 Series and a Tahoe, both of which where parked talking with people. So much so that I saw Modded X5's and Cayenne racing down the road...
Old 12-10-2010, 04:56 PM
tliao5

Originally Posted by cvroom
sometimes i have to drive an hour to the office and once i got out there one morning the cops were all over the place. i could tell that the town of hoffman estates is looking to boost revenue. i got 3 different Ka detections on my radar then i would see them sneaking after each one. one car was behind a bush that nobody could see but i knew he was around and i spotted him. another cop was hiding in the corner of a parking lot then another one turning a corner. they were scamming big time it was rediculous!
I know exactly what you're talking about in Hoffman Estates! I live in that town and I'm always REAL careful about my speed cus I see cops everywhere. I'll pass one up, but there's always another hiding just past the 1st one, so you always have to look out.

I need to upgrade my radar detector (currently an old Uniden), but I've got to save my pennies for a while before I have enough funds. I have the current detector mounted right above the rear view mirror, so it's not staring me right in the face as I'm driving.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Crespo
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its ok mate (bashirdur), thats nothing compare to me, since I got my car in 2008, I got more than 10 tixs which accumulate to $3200 worth of fine...lol
Old 12-10-2010, 06:06 PM
1BadAssG

Thanks for suggestion and sympathy guys. I took the ticket to my lawyer and he can fix both of them for $150 with no points on my license
Old 12-10-2010, 06:17 PM
2k7G35s

I can go 55 in a 40 here(what all traffic goes in a certain spot) and not get pulled over. I can also go 40 in a 25 and not get pulled over(another spot where traffic goes 40). I was going 50 trying to get in front of someone in the left lane(blockade of cars behind the person) and saw a cop, and my stomach dropped since it was a posted 40 mph, but he kept on going... Never been pulled over, I swear I dont know how I get away with it... My friend got pulled over for going 43 in a 40, I felt bad for him, he was all nice and the officer was all nice then the officer just wrote a $100 ticket, that was that.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:14 PM
dofsxs
Registered Member

well last week i got 2 tickets with in 10 minutes of each other from arizona's damn photo enforcement...they haven't been sent in the mail yet but I def saw the flash both times and I was doing ~60 in a 45. im sure that'll be about 500 bones
Old 12-10-2010, 08:23 PM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow you guys have no luck haha, the other day a cop caught me going 70 in a 35, I was just nailing 2nd gear since I was late for school and there where no other cars on the road (this cop was hiding) He pulls me over and gives me hell on why i was going so fast, in the end he comes to my car and tells me his radar/laser wasnt on so i could leave! I was so happy lmaooo