G37 Sedan

Dilemma about questionable/sleazy dealership behavior

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 08:26 PM
peshs3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did your parents ask for wood???amd if not at the very least you should go back and not only complain...but make sure they record that this was done...cause if they are as sleasy as they seem they will hit you at the end of the lease for adding this crappy stuff....and three years of what i am assuming is crappy glue will not look so hot...and you will be banged again.....
Old 12-06-2010, 08:37 PM
teddy127

Yes, my folks specifically wanted wood. The dilemma here is whether I should tell them it's fake or not. If there's nothing that can be done about it, it's better that I don't tell them. I simply don't want them to have a hassle for no return. For the record, I do think it's sleazy, fast and easy behavior and it's preying on ignorance, of the elderly at that.

It's caveat emptor, but I will end up writing a letter to Infiniti, one way or another.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:12 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Seems like you should ask to see the window sticker and contract... The dealer may have charged your parents a huge sum of money for the stickers..... I just checked the Infiniti web site...I don't see a factory option for wood trim.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
that is terrible, imo take it off!
Old 12-07-2010, 12:34 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
ahhh props to you terry, for lookin' after man! my parents are the unfortunate victims of the sort of thing as well. they don't go near a dealership without the family boys or else...

my dad: "how much is it to add-on the spoiler?"
salesman: "$5,000, sir"
my dad: "wow, that's pricey! i saw it online for $600!"
salesman: "was it cheap aftermarket or oem?"
my dad: "oem"
salesman: "that's weird..."
my dad: "you still want $5,000 for it?"
salesman: "i'll knock it down to $4,000" (on the spot).
my dad: "great! i'll take it! thanks so much!"

Old 12-07-2010, 12:43 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

have them bring it back and fix it.

I usually order a full veneer 31 piece wood trim to have it installed on the showroom model. There are various types of kits I do sell since I"m a finance manager...
and people who have dealt with me know I factor in some incentives

I'm sure they told them it is a wood kit, not the factory interior accent package

it's impossible to keep every single car in stock to make everyone happy.

go back to the dealer and at least have them fix it. fit in finish is important still and they can adjust the kit.

i had one kit come in from a bad batch from the manufacturer, which happens b/c nothing is ever perfect
Old 12-07-2010, 12:49 AM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Yea have them fix it, or better yet make them install the factory wood trim.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:52 AM
da mayor

Originally Posted by 6mtg37s
Yea have them fix it, or better yet make them install the factory wood trim.
im sure they didn't overcharge them but find out. the factory interior accent package wood trim (which is expensive to order a la carte) costs a lot more than the dealer installed wood trim kit... and people wouldnt spend over $1000 for wood
Old 12-07-2010, 01:12 AM
SCBLKG37

crappy job... sorry to see such a hack job.......
Old 12-07-2010, 01:58 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Is this a joke? I've seen better wood trim add-on's in a Buick.. man dealerships are doing whatever they can to get a buck now a days... I'm sure they DID over charge your parents for that, when has anyone ever heard of a dealership giving ANYTHING away for FREE, besides oil changes and trunk nets lol...

That's Infiniti's solution for everything, come in and get an oil change haha my cars too damn low and won't even get on their lifts so I'm unable to accept their 15 dollar oil change inflated to 70 dollars, so instead I get... 10% off parts, like I'd even buy any parts from them lol. jokes........
Old 12-07-2010, 05:33 AM
teddy127

Not a joke. An actual dealer did this to sell a car. Thanks for the responses. I'm still not exactly sure what to do about it. Taking it back to the dealership is like asking the guy who punched you in the face to ice your black eye. Would fixing it mean taking it off? That means they'll get an interior they didn't want, getting charged for the work already, and maybe even charged for the clean up.

Even with the terrible perception of dealerships, I can't believe this is how people do business.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:36 AM
BillPaul

Tell your parents & go back to the dealership and ask for an explanation. That is how business is done.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:15 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Definately have them go back to the dealer and tell them that upon closer inspection they're not at all satisfied w/ the job done on the wood.

It happens all the time when folks get new cars, they're just so happy to be driving a new ride (or happy just to finally get out of the dealer after a long transaction) that they don't pay close attention to details.

If they give them the run around you can always take the matter higher up.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:18 AM
da mayor

Originally Posted by teddy127
Not a joke. An actual dealer did this to sell a car. Thanks for the responses. I'm still not exactly sure what to do about it. Taking it back to the dealership is like asking the guy who punched you in the face to ice your black eye. Would fixing it mean taking it off? That means they'll get an interior they didn't want, getting charged for the work already, and maybe even charged for the clean up.

Even with the terrible perception of dealerships, I can't believe this is how people do business.
it's not a way of doing business if they saw the car and said it was a wood kit, not a factory installed item. You were not at the dealership. I always review the options of the factory wood trim, and the dealer installed wood kit, which is real wood not fake crap of what you're thinking.

you're online complaining about the bad install job, so have them fix it.

if you need photos of how it should look, PM me I'll be gladly to show you.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah that looks like ****.

Quick Reply: Dilemma about questionable/sleazy dealership behavior