G37 Sedan

one of those "i thought i was going to get a speeding ticket but didnt" stories

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 03:14 PM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
one of those "i thought i was going to get a speeding ticket but didnt" stories

i just had 20 mile trip to and from the dentist today and i was driving nice and relaxed in my g for most of my ride. near the end of my trip i was the first at a stop light which was rare for this trip. i decide to pop it in manual mode and hit the throttle pretty hard through 1st and 2nd and of course i rocket out of the hole like a banshee. right after i slowed down i looked up in the rear view to see a speeding police car with headlights flashing and cherries on coming over the hill towards me. i though for certain my turkey was cooked before his vehicle drove around me and hung a quick right at the next intersection . my lucky day i wonder what else i can get away with?
Old 12-03-2010, 03:27 PM
xixonmn

buy lotto.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:37 PM
TheIvoryG

I recently was speeding through a 45 zone to get through a light that wound up turning red and I ran it. Tinted front windows(illegal), no front plate(illegal). Cop pulled me over on the freeway on ramp that was just past the red light. Let's just say I'm happy it was a woman cop...I drove away with a warning...have never been so lucky and thankful in my life!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:33 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
^ did you get her name and numba? LOL.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:35 PM
TheIvoryG

I know right? Let's just say she was a woman...but barely...just enough to let charm work for me, then get the F outta dodge.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:42 PM
cvroom

TheIvoryG, that is a lucky one and a nice chick. i got a ticket 2 months and wasnt that lucky. i got the court supervision, so if i got one this time it would mean higher insurance rates or traffic school . since that first ticket i invested in a passport 8500 radar which helps me spot the creepers now but this guy must have had radar shut off.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just got one yesterday I went into the left turn median and passed everyone to make a left turn
Old 12-03-2010, 07:43 PM
bocaytomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well i kinda got lucky most times except once... I had my license taken away for the stupidest thing, but most recently i got away 2 separates events. the first i was coming out of the fire station and was blatantly txting and a cop went by me and looked at me and played it cool and waved. And just 3 days ago i turned right on a no turn on red and then pulled a u turn infront of the cop and didn't get in any trouble.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:21 AM
BillPaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to not get a ticket

Well, a lot of dumb driving techniques and behavior described above. Hope none of you folks are driving where I live.

Advice on how to not get a ticket (aside from drive sensibly & observe the law, etc.):
If you have made a mistake and are pulled over, thank the officer for stopping you. Admit the error and tell him/her that you will definitely learn from this experience. Tell the officer that you deserve a ticket, and to please go ahead and write it. Be very friendly with no defensive body language, etc.

I was pulled over for running a red light soon after we had moved to a city in a different state. The yellow lights are very brief here, and I definitely ran the red light shortly after it changed from yellow. With the above approach, I was let off with a warning.