G37 Sedan

Opinions on Rain-X Latitude wiper blades

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 11:34 PM
G37NC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Opinions on Rain-X Latitude wiper blades

In anticipation for this weeks heavy rains, I bought some Rain-X Latitude wiper blades last week at Wal-Mart. My stock driver's side blade was already leaving streaks right in the dead center at just 6 mos old so I wanted to go ahead and replace them both.

During the rains today I put the Latitudes to good use and was not particularly happy with the results of the drivers side blade (the 26" one). At the very end of the blade, the top end, it leaves a line of drops on the downward wipe. The upward wipe is flawless, but the downward wipe is where it messes up. I'm pretty sure the stock blades didn't do that.

So, today I went to Auto Zone and bought some Bosch Icons to compare. They were on sale, buy 1, get 1 half price. It was pouring rain so I waited until I got home in my garage before I installed them. So far, I think they are the better of the 2 brands, although the Rain-X glided smoother along the windshield during light mist. The Bosch kinda make the occasional rumbling sound under the same conditions but they didn't leave the line of drops at the very tip. So I will be keeping the Bosch and returning the Rain-X Latitudes.

The head that covers the j-hook also looks better on the Bosch.

Has anyone else used the Latitudes and Icons back to back for comparison? They both seem to have a loyal following from what reviews I can find.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:59 AM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm going to follow this thread since i'm interested in this subject. But perhaps all wipers, since they are rubber, need a little bit of break-in time to perform at their best.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:58 AM
DocJohn
G-DOG

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've used Bosch, Anco, Trico, and Rain-X Latitude on my cars (and my family's) over the years. While the Bosch Icons are excellent wiper blades, IMO the Rain-X Latitude are the best overall aftermarket wiper blades I have ever used.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:01 AM
dwildemn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rain-x blades

How would you comare them to oems?
Old 12-01-2010, 09:03 AM
NonAme

What are the sizes or number fir the Bosch wiper? I don't think they have it for the 2010
Old 12-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have been researching this lately as I am WAY over do for a new set. The brands listed above are the top choices. CR did a study on all of them and the Valeo 600 rated the best but none of them were still rated at "good" or better after 6 months. My advice would be to get the cheapest of the best brands and then use Rain X. That is my plan.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:10 AM
DocJohn
G-DOG

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dwildemn
How would you comare them to oems?
They're about as good. Overall they may not last as long as OEMs, but they are usually less expensive so changing them a little more often isn't an issue.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:38 AM
dwildemn

rain-x

Thanks - I have a local retailers offer that gets price down to under $7 each after rebate. Looks like the right product and a good time to buy.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:16 AM
surfjax87

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've used the latitude before and its pretty good, but I prefer Bosch Icons. Being from Florida, I know the value of a good wiper.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:39 AM
jhenka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dwildemn
Thanks - I have a local retailers offer that gets price down to under $7 each after rebate. Looks like the right product and a good time to buy.
i prefer the rain-x latitude as well. and i know what your talking about i had the same problem on my altima where it left a thin line betwee nthe 2 blades. My solutions was getting a better attachment for the j-hook.

Dwildem, Could you get an extra set for a 2010 g37 sedan? Ill gladly pay pal you the money ratehr than spend 20 a wiper here in NY
Old 12-01-2010, 11:26 AM
eman76b2001

I have the rain-x blades and like G37NC said the driver side blade leaves a bad streak on the down wipe. I have had them for 3 weeks and they still leave this annoying streak so I am going to get rid of them and go Bosch.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:10 PM
s2ktoEvo

Hey RainX makes a windshield wiper fluid as well. That stuff is great. It applies the rainx stuff everytime you use the fluid.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:01 PM
PascalT

I bought the Rain-X horizon blades for this winter and so far i'm pleased. It does leave a temporary streak on each wipe, I am not sure what's up with that. But it doesn't affect the performance much.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:22 AM
maxfinity

I think it has something to do with our windshields and not the wiper blades. I've had that annoying downward streak since i purchased my car in June. I'm going to try some other wipers but i don't think it'll do much. The wipers only streak on the drivers side when the wipers are going downward. When going up its flawless. I don't think the wipers are bad.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:02 AM
malice9999

I have the Goodyear/Costco wipers and get that same skip on the lower left driver's side. I think it due to the windshield/wiper curvature and sharp swing radius, although I can't remember the OEM blades ever doing this.

Oh well, it's a minor annoyance at worst and doesn't warrant replacing perfectly good blades. The Goodyear wipers are solid otherwise but will try the Rain-X ones next time.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Rain-X Latitude wiper blades