G37 Sedan

G37X vs TL AWD

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 06:53 PM
mlkma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37X vs TL AWD

I don't know if this is the best place to post this question but figured car guys are always willing to help, so thanks in advance.
I'm 6'2" and have looked at the G37X and Acura TL AWD. They are two different cars. I fit in the G but TL is a little roomier so I'm looking for confirmation as to why I should buy the G.
My first impressions are the G is more fun to drive. The Acura interior is nicer.
The G is less expensive.
Any thoughts, again, thank you.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:07 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mlkma
I don't know if this is the best place to post this question but figured car guys are always willing to help, so thanks in advance.
I'm 6'2" and have looked at the G37X and Acura TL AWD. They are two different cars. I fit in the G but TL is a little roomier so I'm looking for confirmation as to why I should buy the G.
My first impressions are the G is more fun to drive. The Acura interior is nicer.
The G is less expensive.
Any thoughts, again, thank you.
The TL will have a new model for next year. they are getting rid of all the horrid platichrome
Old 11-28-2010, 07:23 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Very much a personal preference thing....and I think your first impressions are spot on. The TL and G are both nice cars..though I am not a fan of the front and back end design of the new TL....unattractive to me. That said, the TL is roomier and a little more refined in some areas, especially the interior. However, I too am 6'2" and don't have an issue with the interior room in the G. I suspect some of the G's great handling characteristics relate to its rear wheel drive primary configuration.

Part of the reason I went with the G was pricing and very aggressive lease incentives, which made the G37x about $100 per month cheaper than the TL AWD. I think the quality of the respective dealerships should also factor into your equation. If you reside in an area with a single dealership (either brand), do a little homework before making your final decision.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:26 AM
gsm026
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I test drove most of the compentitive cars including the new TL. I drove it and the G37about half an hour apart. I bought the G37 because I felt it was a lot more fun to drive. It's true that the interior is not quite up to par with the TL, but then again the price is lower, too.

If I was interested more in luxury than performance, I would have bought the TL or the Lexus 350. But since fun to drive was at the top of my list, the G37 won.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:48 AM
FourT2

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I drove both, actually had a bunch of TLs as loaners when my wife's Acura was getting serviced. Ended up with a G. I didnt like the styling on the new Acuras at all, and in my opinion, G handled better.

Few weeks ago I was using a v6 TSX as a loaner, I actually really liked it. Tried a standard v4 in the past and was not impressed, but v6 was much nicer. Styling less horrible than the TL and performed real well! In fact too well. Not even 5 minutes after taking off from the dealership I got pulled over for speeding. Good thing the cop was nice and let me go with a warning if I promised to wait until I get to the interstate to try out the car

But I still like the G better than any sedan that Acura offers.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Hayabusa02

I had a TL before and loved it. I Just bought the '10 G37xS and love it more. Main thing for me was price. I saved $5k oin my G37 compared to the TL. The TL prices have continued to go up and they don't really budge as much on pricing.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:39 AM
BlueOnyxG

Well, i've got both.....the 2010 TL SH-AWD, and a 2010 G37x. Having both cars, i can speak from experience on the pros & cons. Both cars are unique in their own way. The G has the power for sure....you get instant power with the G. The TL is quick, but it's at the high end when you really feel the TL. Interior is alot nicer in the TL...the seats are more supportive in the TL. Tranny is better in the G. Handling goes to the TL for sure. So as you can see, these two cars are very hard to compare. After having both cars, i can honestly say that the TL would be a perfect car if it had the G's engine & Tranny. In the end, it's all preference. It was a tough choice when i was shoping. I went for the TL, and then 6 months later we traded in the wifes Altima for the G. So now i've got the best of both worlds!!!! :-)