G37 Sedan

Rustproofing/Undercoating

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 08:48 PM
G hits the spot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rustproofing/Undercoating

A friend of mine just picked up a new 2010 Gx,and he is thinking of undercoating to protect against rust.We live in Canada and the salt can really be tough on cars during the long winters.
I told him to check with Infiniti to make sure it doesn't void his warranty (as there is usually drilling involved)

He claims it will not affect the warranty,but my previous car manufacturer (Volvo) informed me that undercoating would void the rust warranty on their vehicles.

Can anyone help us settle this discussion?

Does the G really need undercoating regardless of the warranty issue?
Old 11-17-2010, 11:03 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G hits the spot
A friend of mine just picked up a new 2010 Gx,and he is thinking of undercoating to protect against rust.We live in Canada and the salt can really be tough on cars during the long winters.
I told him to check with Infiniti to make sure it doesn't void his warranty (as there is usually drilling involved)

He claims it will not affect the warranty,but my previous car manufacturer (Volvo) informed me that undercoating would void the rust warranty on their vehicles.

Can anyone help us settle this discussion?

Does the G really need undercoating regardless of the warranty issue?
In the USA the G comes with a seven year unlimited mileage warranty against corrosion. If the same holds true in Canada, I don't see the point in spending the money. Seems like a real waste of money.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:43 PM
G hits the spot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He may want to keep his G for more than 7 years.I doubt rust would be a problem,but he probably should contact Infiniti before proceding.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:06 AM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G hits the spot
He may want to keep his G for more than 7 years.I doubt rust would be a problem,but he probably should contact Infiniti before proceding.
If that is the case I think that would be the best course of action....