G37 Sedan

2011 G37 Sedan + 6MT = large grin on face while driving

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:16 PM
taskmaxter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Morrissey
welcome to the madness. I'm new to the brand, so I'm not sure about this. you want the lip? is that the chrome lip thing? I have the spoiler, I think. regardless it's OEM so at least you can take a look before you make your decision. it was part of the aero pkg.

pics here: https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...pkg-white.html

best of luck with the car.

was there a facelift for 2011? if so, don't show me pics or i'll be upset, b/c I just got my 2010 about a 6 wks ago?
Nice pictures - I like white on black, very nice. Yeah, I'm speaking about the rear trunk spoiler. I final put the OEM version on last week. I'm now thinking about adding a front spoiler. I've seen a few on here that people are running and they all look nice. Need to spend some more time evaluating. Sometime early next year I'm going to drop the car a little using Eibach's and then put on some 19" wheels. I will then be good to go (famous last words).
Old 12-09-2010, 02:43 PM
BillPaul

Your black G37 is truly a beauty of which you can be proud. Not to discourage you, but rather to give you a heads up & some advice (from a post a few months ago):

Black paint ages very quickly -- all dings, dirt, blemishes, etc. show up. Light metallic colors hide these defects the best.

So, it is best to not drive the car. Keep it covered in your garage, invite friends & neighbors over every 6 months to view your beauty with wine, cheese, and music. Provide gloves for those who would like to touch it.

But don't leave the cover off too long. Get the cover back on as soon as possible. After a few glasses of wine, your guests won't care anyway.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:03 PM
dofsxs
Registered Member

i have a 2011 xs white on black and I dont see any differences from mine to yours other than that i prbly paid $3-4000 more hah. if i could have found a 10xs like that i would've gotten it. props on the new car man
Old 12-10-2010, 07:43 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by dofsxs
i have a 2011 xs white on black and I dont see any differences from mine to yours other than that i prbly paid $3-4000 more hah. if i could have found a 10xs like that i would've gotten it. props on the new car man
Xs and a RWD 6MT sedan are two diffferent worlds in a drive
Old 12-10-2010, 11:32 PM
salerngo45

Originally Posted by robxc80
congrats...you'll catch yourself looking back and staring as you walk away from your car to your front door everytime you get home.

as for the lip, i got mine through Riverside Infiniti. They were able to get me the best price at the time and they gave me a discount for buying it along with the splash guards and front lip.
hahah i do that all the time!!!!

congrats on the car i love my 6mt way better than my 07x
Old 12-12-2010, 12:07 AM
nrp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 6mt has vents in the rear too, however they are positioned UNDER the front seats.

Also, although you may not want to alter your clutch just yet, there are 3 different (free, simple, reversible and easy) methods for adjusting the clutch....

1) add a bump stop
2) raise or lower the engagement point via a threaded rod in the pedal assembly
3) remove the small spring in the clutch pedal assembly
4) various combinations of the 3 adjustments above

DIY's and plentiful reviews for all 3 exist.