G37 Sedan

Things you wish Infiniti would add or change

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 04:33 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
^ are you saying that your seat heaters automatically turn on when you start your car? that sounds off. i can't imagine why that would be the case.

interesting thought on the tilt mirrors.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:16 PM
allagaroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canucklehead
^ are you saying that your seat heaters automatically turn on when you start your car? that sounds off. i can't imagine why that would be the case.

interesting thought on the tilt mirrors.
NO, of course not. I'm saying that they automatically go off when the car is shut off. Sorry if I phrased it poorly.
J
Old 12-21-2010, 10:06 PM
vactor
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oh, better nav system, more BT support for phones (and also streaming audio). DSC gearbox, a bit more storage space ... resettable TPMS sensors and actual tire pressure info in gauge cluster, more info available in gauge cluster computer screen, customizable info on computer screen, gear indicator at all times.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Panamajon

Originally Posted by Chekov
But you CAN use the nav while driving via voice commands. Manual destination inputs would just raise the MSRP, as a few other manufactures have done, as Nissan would also have to protect itself from possible post-accident litigation.

I’m afraid your suggestion, coupled with some other ideas in this thread would turn a $45K car into an out-of-reach $80K+ super-lavish automobile instead of the entry level luxury car it was designed to be.

I too would welcome some of the features suggested here, but unless I win the lottery real soon I’ll just have to save up for that Aston Martin I’ve always wanted.
That's an odd comment. My A4 base model 2007 Audi allowed for manual input navigation while driving.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Bring back all the advanced voice commands

Nav bypass while moving would be nice but not necessarily safe....how about linking it to the passenger airbag (since the car "knows" when there is someone in the seat, let the nav take input)

Front sonar sensors

Upgradeable hard drive for the nav? 9.3GB is small nowadays
Old 01-17-2011, 02:53 AM
dbg37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. BETTER paint and different color choices than what everybody else and their dog has.
Paint is supposed to be COLORFUL and beautiful, not blah.

2. Under bumper fogs that turn on with a button press, go off with the ignition off and that initiate running lights on with them on. (My 2005 GMC truck has it). It is either that or decent DRL.
*** When you have paint colors that allow the car to disappear from view and blend into fog, hillsides and pavement you need lights that are ON. (see #1 above)
Yes, shades of gray, silvers & beige do hide dirt, but that is about all I can say for them.

3. Make wood trim available on all models. Not everyone wants shiny reflective surfaces causing glare. True wood trim is classic design and beautiful, but scratchy looking metal isn't.

4. Make the rear view camera standard. It's a safety thing for pete's sake.

5. A true Dual clutch 6 spd auto with QUICK paddle shifters for those who buy an S model G37's, X included.
It might cost more, but people who really want "sport" will pay for it. (It doesn't need 7 gears, but 5 isn't enough)

6. KEEP the pedal emergency brake, I don't want it banging my elbow and taking up space for the already too small cup holders. (If you use yours to make turns, you bought the wrong car.)

7. Tighten up the interior and get rid of the rattles for good. Make it a priority and people will respect the car.

8. More tire footprint on 17" wheels, and don't stagger the sizes. 3600 pounds with 328HP needs more grip, and it shouldn't come at the cost of not being able to rotate the tires. You should not have to go to 40 series rubber and have the ride go away. That is another thing that should NOT have to happen in order to get grip.

9. For those that still get the 7AT, fix the programming. This tranny is killing your repeat sales.

10. More rim selections... give the buyer options to personalize the car a bit.

11. Put in a better battery at the factory, the cheap stuff don't have the cranking amps. Owners should not have to buy a aftermarket spiral wound gel in the first year.

Some of these might cost the factory to fix, but not fixing them is costing them more.
The car is good, but good isn't quite enough when it is a moving target and others can brag about doing something better.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottyBeGood
1. Add fold down rear seats
2. Add unique DRL's (that do not look like the competitors)
3. Add 360 Around View Camera system (this way I can further tint my car darker)
4. Have adjustment on head rest for forward/aft position
5. Have climate controlled seats
6. Front Sonar
7. Longer center armrest
8. 19" Wheels on Sedan Sport Package
9. 20" Wheels on Coupe/Convt Sport Packages
10. Side mirror cover LED turn signals
11. Heated Steering Wheel
12. G56 Option
13. Standard 6k HID's and 6k HID Fogs
14. Better Lumbar support and also included passenger Lumbar support
15. Heated Rear Seats Option (available in QX56) as Tecnology Package
16. XS receives same S parts
17. transferable Music Box
18. Change holder instead of cigarette lighter on 6mts
19. Different A/C controls that do not resemble stereo controls
20. Java interior option
21. 6MT's receive All Season Tires, not Summer Tires
22. Premium Package receives Touch Screen
23. Rain Sensing Wipers Standard
24. TPMS Monitor accessible through Info button/screen
25. RCA jacks standard
26. Option to roll windows up from Smart Key
27. Remote control engine starter
Yepper, all of this AND improve the Lag/Hesitation with this 7 spd AT. Had the Reflash done, {see other Tranny related thread}, seems almost worse. Tranny is smoother but hesitation is killing me. Man I miss my 07 G35X as far as driveability is concerned. Scotty has presented quite a comprehensive list. You make some excellent improvements, approaching UTOPIA.... Ah but those enhancements will bring the price up BMW / Audi territory...

My additions/improvements:
1. The LCD screen should adjust Automatically to exterior lighting conditions - like the Caddy. In other words, whatever brightness level you set should remain consistent.
2. Better storage/console with more accessible power and UBS outlets.
3. 18" wheels should be standard with Premium Package.
4. Bring Back the power Lumbar adjustment I had in my 07 G35X with the prem Package. It should down a bit lower - actually on the Lumbar part of the spine.
5. Some other spectacular Color choices. Others have said this. I think we all agree.
6. Of course, BETTER PAINT - when clean and polished, it's beautiful, BUT the ease of scratches in the paint is incredible - it was the same on my 07 also in Black
Old 01-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Ive seen request for more USB ports a lot.

Question - has anyone tried a USB hub to add more ports? Fairly small so it would fit OK in the console. Or is the real issue the fact that people want more ports *in different locations* ?
Old 01-17-2011, 12:44 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Panamajon
That's an odd comment. My A4 base model 2007 Audi allowed for manual input navigation while driving.
But that’s my point. Yes, there are manufacturers, like Audi, who allow manual destination inputs. But its’ my belief that they’ve added a factor in the MSRP for losing a few million dollar law suits should such vehicles be involved a major accident, with a likely cause being an attempt to input a destination while driving.

Again, if I’m right Audi owners not only pay more for their cars, but it demonstrates, even to them, how dangerous fiddling with those buttons at 70mph can be. Nissan and Toyota, however, have taken a different course, putting their emphasis on improved voice recognition.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:30 AM
jabrother

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I would definitely like to see a taller 6th gear on the 6MT! Would give us better highway mileage. As it is I'm lucky to get 24 mpg in the hiway. Also, as it is if I really want to pass someone I have to drop down 2 or 3 gears anyway! As it is, if I floor it in 6th gear at 60 mph, it PULLS! It shouldn't do that at 60 in 6th gear!! Or I should say, I don't expect it too! Would make a lot more sense to have that gear taller. Would also like the clutch to be more forgiving (shifting is too rough) and the throttle to be more linear with a bit more travel. Other smaller things would be nice but these are the big ones for me, would make all driving situations that much more pleasing!!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:28 PM
roots4x

Originally Posted by jabrother
I would definitely like to see a taller 6th gear on the 6MT! Would give us better highway mileage. As it is I'm lucky to get 24 mpg in the hiway. Also, as it is if I really want to pass someone I have to drop down 2 or 3 gears anyway! As it is, if I floor it in 6th gear at 60 mph, it PULLS! It shouldn't do that at 60 in 6th gear!! Or I should say, I don't expect it too! Would make a lot more sense to have that gear taller. Would also like the clutch to be more forgiving (shifting is too rough) and the throttle to be more linear with a bit more travel. Other smaller things would be nice but these are the big ones for me, would make all driving situations that much more pleasing!!
I agree, 6th gear is disappointingly short. But crusiing on the freeway I can easily get over 25-26mpg on a long stretch of reasonably flat road. Of course, it is advertised as a close-ratio transmission so you knew what you were getting into... heh. Of course there should be an apologist coming in explaining how the gears were tuned to keep the engine in the optimum power band... and that's true for the most part.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:56 PM
jabrother

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by roots4x
I agree, 6th gear is disappointingly short. But crusiing on the freeway I can easily get over 25-26mpg on a long stretch of reasonably flat road. Of course, it is advertised as a close-ratio transmission so you knew what you were getting into... heh. Of course there should be an apologist coming in explaining how the gears were tuned to keep the engine in the optimum power band... and that's true for the most part.
I agree with your sentiment. I still think 6th should be taller though. However, I need to clarify, that I really like this car; it's grown on me over the last 2 years since I bought it. There are a lot of great things about it, it blends the qualities of a luxury car with those of a performance car really well, while still keeping the overall flavor distinctly Japanese Sport! There are a lot of small things that could be improved but overall, BRAVO to Nissan/Infiniti for a job pretty well done!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dbg37
1. BETTER paint and different color choices than what everybody else and their dog has.
Paint is supposed to be COLORFUL and beautiful, not blah.

7. Tighten up the interior and get rid of the rattles for good. Make it a priority and people will respect the car.

8. More tire footprint on 17" wheels, and don't stagger the sizes. 3600 pounds with 328HP needs more grip, and it shouldn't come at the cost of not being able to rotate the tires. You should not have to go to 40 series rubber and have the ride go away. That is another thing that should NOT have to happen in order to get grip.
1. The car comes in shades of red, blue, black, silver, etc. Infiniti is responding to market demand - you're always free to repaint if it's that important to you!

7. Amen! This is my #1 problem with this car, and the competition. My wife's Chrysler is vault quiet, for crying out loud. I had a POS Ford Ranger that never had a single rattle! If economy vehicles can do it, then so can Infiniti, Lexus and the like.

8. More footprint without reducing side wall ratio will = tire from the 80's. Are you sure?
Old 01-19-2011, 07:30 PM
rronnikk

G37 S coupe, 6 speed manual, with AWD !!!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by soolman32
Give the G coupe a meaty V8 with 400+ HP. Done!
HAHA!!! DO IT! I love my M45

Quick Reply: Things you wish Infiniti would add or change