G37 Sedan

Things you wish Infiniti would add or change

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 10:02 PM
jb606

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish Infiniti would put the same performance parts on their xS as they do the S (ie better brakes and sways) and being able to have a 6 speed MT option on the xS.
That's the only thing I miss from my old car, AWD w/6 speed!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I DITTO all the members' entries on the 4th page. I didn't want to Multi-quote all of that and avoid a lot of redundancy.

No. 1 item though is FIX this 7 AT - correct the lagging, hesitation in traffic speeds. return to the performance of the 2007 G35X with a 5AT!!

All others follow suit- a/c cooled seats, rain sensing wipers, ambient interior lighting with Puddle Lights, LED DRLs, LED Sideview mirror blinkers, fold down rear seats, more storage and better accessibilty to it, and oh yeah, the member discussing the Blue Tooth - you are right on - way too many voice command to make a simple freakin hone call. i should be able to say: Call or Dial HOME !! and bingo it should dial HOME or any other quick assessed phone number you need.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:01 PM
ballz3
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
priorities:

1.) Dual auto-clutch manual transmission!
2.) power, multi-way lumbar support - my back needs it...better support than my altima..but not enough
3.) fold down rear seats - i dont want to lose stiffness though
4.) xS package get the performance parts (breaks, wheels) - sucks we dont get this
5) Less weight!
6.) PAINT! my Altima paint is a lot better quality
7.) media center fixes....blue tooth issues; music controls different for iPod than music box...few others..
8.) cooled seats. heated are more important for me though.
9.) hand brake instead of pedal.
10.) ability to modify anything in the media system while moving!

but...with that said...i'm still pumped with my purchase. good value for the money..but some of these changes should be there already without a higher price.

oh...last but not least...G25 should have all the options of the G37. I would get my wife one if it had NAV. What good is it to save a few grand on the engine when adding that money could get a G37 with Nav?
Old 11-20-2010, 01:16 PM
gcanada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call waiting! (on the nav version)

But all in all, the 2010 is a lot less user friendly. Voice commands are horrible compared to previous versions. All in all, they dropped the ball on the bluetooth and this needs to be fixed.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:59 PM
Panamajon

Ability to use NAV while I'm driving.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Panamajon
Ability to use NAV while I'm driving.
But you CAN use the nav while driving via voice commands. Manual destination inputs would just raise the MSRP, as a few other manufactures have done, as Nissan would also have to protect itself from possible post-accident litigation.

I’m afraid your suggestion, coupled with some other ideas in this thread would turn a $45K car into an out-of-reach $80K+ super-lavish automobile instead of the entry level luxury car it was designed to be.

I too would welcome some of the features suggested here, but unless I win the lottery real soon I’ll just have to save up for that Aston Martin I’ve always wanted.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:04 PM
TomieG

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
V8 please
Old 11-20-2010, 09:54 PM
cains10

- Air conditioned seats
- Fold-down rear seats
Old 11-21-2010, 12:33 PM
CodeG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
How about adding tilt adjustment for the front seats? I know many people who hates the car just because of lacking seat adjustments.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:08 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What do you mean by tilt adjustment?
Old 11-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Yes, that’s a good question. We can already adjust the angle of the seat by raising or lowering the front or back of it individually. We can also recline the seat back, and adjust lumber support. And of course, the seats can be heated. The only thing missing is a hidden switch somewhere to scratch the driver’s a$$.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Lords47

Heated stearing wheel. Maximas and M37s have it. No reason the G shouldn't. Heck, my Dad's Buick LaCrosse has it.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:15 PM
G37NC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've noticed the last-used "mode" selection on the A/C-Heat does not stay where it was set after restarting the car. I typically like the dual upper/lower (face/feet) setting but it always defaults to the lower setting when I restart the car. Is that by design? Or is this something that was just overlooked in the computer programming?
Old 12-04-2010, 04:43 PM
CodeG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
Yes, that’s a good question. We can already adjust the angle of the seat by raising or lowering the front or back of it individually. We can also recline the seat back, and adjust lumber support. And of course, the seats can be heated. The only thing missing is a hidden switch somewhere to scratch the driver’s a$$.
What's missing? a big deal! The whole seat does not tilt. On the G You can 'lift' the front portion of the cushion only, the main cushion angle does not change. The seat forced you to seat in a fixed reclined position (aka non adjustable). Simple, go seat in a Huyndai or Honda Accord and see for yourself what is missing.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by CodeG
What's missing? a big deal! The whole seat does not tilt. On the G You can 'lift' the front portion of the cushion only, the main cushion angle does not change. The seat forced you to seat in a fixed reclined position (aka non adjustable). Simple, go seat in a Huyndai or Honda Accord and see for yourself what is missing.
I still don’t understand your problem and I don’t have access to a Huyndai or Honda. On the G you can raise the front portion as you say which does change the cushion angle a bit, and you can recline the seatback in both directions. Isn’t that the same thing as tilting the whole seat?

At any rate, IMO the G seats have more than enough position choices to satisfy most drivers. As I posted before, I don’t want my next G to cost $80K if most of the options requested here were to become available.

Quick Reply: Things you wish Infiniti would add or change