G37 Sedan

Things you wish Infiniti would add or change

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 01:32 PM
fluxemag

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
1 - Climate controlled seats optional on non-verts
2 - AUX input adapter (how is this not standard it's 2011!)
3 - Grey headliner with black interior
4 - Better quality floor mats
5 - A digital clock

By the way, the things I like about my G would take up too much time to list. So these are just minor annoyances.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:10 PM
mikejg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a black interior and my car has the gray liner. What other color would it be?
Old 07-18-2011, 09:08 PM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
1) A climate control system that actually works.
2) More durable paint.
3) A three-blink, one-touch turn signal (Volvo does this).
4) Revert to the 2008 auto tranny (or use that logic on the new one).
5) Cooled seat option.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:44 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by TinsleyC
1) A climate control system that actually works.
2) More durable paint.
3) A three-blink, one-touch turn signal (Volvo does this).
4) Revert to the 2008 auto tranny (or use that logic on the new one).
5) Cooled seat option.
Agree w/ all 5 of these, never used #3 but sounds pretty convenient.

The climate control really is too vague, the temps shown when you dial it in rarely accurately match the true temp that the system locks in on.
Audis climate control is the gold standard IME, if you dial it to 70degrees for the driver and 76 for the passenger that's what you get and when it's currently at 75 and you dial it down to 70 it doesn't continue to cool down to about 65
Old 07-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Better paint ftmfw!!! Softest paint in the world, its bs to pay 40k+ for a car that leaves lines when you run your finger across it. It makes me cringe just reaching for the door handle
Old 08-05-2011, 04:30 AM
Albert60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discontinue Bose as Infiniti's premium audio option.

Clarity, imaging and dynamic range sucks. I hate the sound system in the G (premium Bose.)

B&O in Audi and HK in Mercedes (BMW has HK also) are much better.

No reason for Infiniti to kneel to the Germans in electronics also.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:16 PM
jddssc121

6MT option in AWD
power foldering mirrors
make rain sensing wipers standard
Remote start (well, at least for the auto)
Old 08-08-2011, 01:06 AM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 103 Likes on 91 Posts
In no particular order...

1. Better quality leather
2. surround sound
3. tiltable seats
4. stronger cushining in the seats (had the seat replaced about a month ago and it's already lopsided)
5. turbo charged fuel efficient V-8
6. blind spot warning system
7. less weight
8. adjustable suspension
9. bigger gas tank
10. less rattles
Old 08-08-2011, 03:14 AM
MistAminER112
Premier Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So just my addition/re-submission of a few things after reading all 11-pages:

Currently have the 2008 G35x Sedan but most of these still apply:

1. WHY do we not have the option to 'LOCK' the AWD into place? IF I'm not mistaken, the first generation G35 Sedans had buttons dedicated for various weather conditions such as Snow, Rain, etc....

2. DUAL CLUTCH TRANSMISSION FOR SPEED!!! Apparently the 7-Speed is not that good??? I'm satisfied with my 5AT, ALTHOUGH the 'Manual Mode' is slow to shift SOMETIMES under hard driving conditions...

3. A Black headliner to match the Black leather inside the car. My 2005 FX35 has a black (almost faux-like suede) headliner, I don't see why the G shouldn't have one...

4. I think I read somewhere that there's something you can attach to your car and re-program the Nav system so that you can use it while driving and so that you can bypass having to hit the 'OK' button each time you start-up. So, 'Nav Input while Driving' bypass...

5. Some LED/White OEM license plate lights would be nice...

6. Door handle lights when entering as many have stated...

7. Apparently Infiniti removed a lot of the Sound Isolating materials from the Doors between the 2008 G35 and the 2009 G37 Sedan models, and added the 'active noise canceling' from Bose feature...but personally, I would want the sound proofing back!

8. I drove an M56x which had the heated steering wheel AND cooled seats...it was heaven. We should have the same.

9. My 2005 FX has a gascap that pops-open when (Unlocked) and Pressed in...we should have the same mechanism instead of our silly gas door closure

10. Apparently a dealer once told me that the reason why we don't have folding rear seats is to give the G35x Sedan(in my case) more 'sporty' performance...still a lack of fold-down seats make my trunk very limiting, esp. with the trunk-mounted 6-disc changer in the way...

11. and LED/Xenon/White fog lights for the G37 Sedans SHOULD be standard...Audi has insane LED's...we should have SOMETHING non-halogen, too

12. Turn signal lights on side mirrors like the current generation Maxima has--that's so lame that we don't have it!

also, as two side notes to some previous posters, someone posted that you can't see both Nav and Music information at the same time, but you CAN if you push the 'Status' button a few times...

also does anybody know if they EVER made any G37's in 2010 or 2011 WITH the Tech Package? From my experience, nobody has one. That package included the laser cruise control, adaptive rain-sensing windshield wipers, automatic carbon air purification system with intelligent fresh-air shut-off and Automatic Front lighting System(AFS) if I'm not mistaking...which is all pretty cool...but I don't think they ever ended up making any???
It's sad to see our lack of torque (and power) as well...on a Mustang Dyno I only showed approx. 180 Ib./Ft. torque....and 217.5awhp...we should have more power than that.

Last edited by MistAminER112; 08-08-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:55 AM
rokuss

- Better clutch. My g35 had a better clutch and it wasn't even great.
- Nicer wheels
- Blinker lights on mirror.
- Cooled seats.
- Better exhaust like the g35.
- Stiffer suspension. (fix the wheel hop)
- Fold down rear seats
- Harman Kardon sound system or equivalent.
- Wheels that have a better choice of tires to choose from.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:08 AM
a_cepero

Originally Posted by Doggy
Better paint ftmfw!!! Softest paint in the world, its bs to pay 40k+ for a car that leaves lines when you run your finger across it. It makes me cringe just reaching for the door handle

That's why I switched to the amethyst graphite in '08 when I got my G37 coupe. I had the black g35 coupe before that and, like you, cringed whenever I looked at the wear. It was terrible. The black has no protective coating. Now I just got the '11 G37sx sedan in platinum graphite. No complaints. Dropping the black was the best move I made. However, Infiniti should really address this issue since it's existed since '03 or someone should slap them with a class-action lawsuit for providing an inferior product at the same price as the others.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:17 AM
a_cepero

Originally Posted by Albert60
Discontinue Bose as Infiniti's premium audio option.

Clarity, imaging and dynamic range sucks. I hate the sound system in the G (premium Bose.)

B&O in Audi and HK in Mercedes (BMW has HK also) are much better.

No reason for Infiniti to kneel to the Germans in electronics also.

Why would you discontinue the Bose? It rocks! Most people don't believe its my stock radio.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Mudgen
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by a_cepero
Now I just got the '11 G37sx sedan in platinum graphite.
Is there a platinum graphite (K51) in the 2011 colors? Doesn't show up on InfinitiUSA build page. Graphite Shadow (KAD) is similar, is that what you got?
Old 10-27-2011, 09:47 AM
ballz3
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by a_cepero
Why would you discontinue the Bose? It rocks! Most people don't believe its my stock radio.
It sounds pretty good....but in general Bose isn't a top quality brand for producing clear sound. I would also love something better in this car.

Agreed on the Auto temp for accuracy! It sucks. I think I've noticed that it really is relative to the outside temperature. If you set it a few degrees lower than the outside temp is reading, it will BLAST cold air. vice versa for hot. I'm not a fan. I could be very cold and turn the heat on, but if it's 70 out and I put it on 72, it will be cool air. If I put it on 78, I get hot air. It doesn't seem like it uses very accurate algorithms for determining how much heat/cold or where to place it (floor versus vent).