G37 Sedan

Stealership win! A must read for any infiniti owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 12:00 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I believe the bezels for the steering wheel and also the door trim are made out of black plastic now, rather than the idiotic grey that was painted over. They must've used the same crappy paint for the inside of our Gs as they do for the outside
Old 11-04-2010, 12:00 AM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by use2vw
Yeah get the program "B" ecu reflash for the trans jerkiness...I did on last visit and it's night and day...good luck
What year car?
Old 11-04-2010, 09:19 AM
jarena2104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 g35x..... ya i hear its a new plastic coated not painted.... i just had my car repainted so i dont have to worry about that problem. sikkens paint is the best you can get. exhaust and hfc intake would have nothing to do with trans jerk
Old 11-08-2010, 01:30 PM
jarena2104

oooohhh i spoke to soon, the stealership lived up to there name!!!! came in with hopes of getting a new trans or at least some new valve bodies and all i got was a bill for $237 in trans flush. incredible what do you know they cant duplicate the feeling, well its real easy all you have to do is put it in manual and shift and you get a nice HARD banging noise!!! knew this was to good to be true. now i gotta call corporate have someone come down and show them myself what it feels like to get the service i should have done. its incredible they build these cars and just let everyone drive around with problems.... STEAAALLLERRRSHIPPPP !!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Mid-Life Crisis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by use2vw
Yeah get the program "B" ecu reflash for the trans jerkiness...I did on last visit and it's night and day...good luck
Would like to know more about this update. I have a 5AT and ocassionally (very rare) get a surge at very low speed (around 5 MPH) when it appears to be downshifting as I'm coming to a stop. I think it has happened about 4 times in the past year and I can't force it to happen. I note that the idle is slightly higher than normal at these times; probably about 1000 to 1100 RPM. I thought it was related to the rev matching and if I didn't have my foot on the brake it would be really scarry as the car wants to surge forward.

Does the above description match the issue here?
Old 11-08-2010, 03:04 PM
jarena2104

Originally Posted by Mid-Life Crisis
Would like to know more about this update. I have a 5AT and ocassionally (very rare) get a surge at very low speed (around 5 MPH) when it appears to be downshifting as I'm coming to a stop. I think it has happened about 4 times in the past year and I can't force it to happen. I note that the idle is slightly higher than normal at these times; probably about 1000 to 1100 RPM. I thought it was related to the rev matching and if I didn't have my foot on the brake it would be really scarry as the car wants to surge forward.

Does the above description match the issue here?
i have that to, i learned to live with that also. my major problem is the manual mode that slams in to gear when you shift gears... (especially 2 to 3rd to 4th)

like its late to change gears and then forced into it!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:04 AM
jarena2104

update transmission is still shifting like **** in manual mode........ guess its going back to infiniti for another check. because that expensive trans fluid change sure didnt do anything for it.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:58 AM
cruzdog954

Uhhh - you returned the car - now they are going to spit in the transmission!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:36 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by cruzdog954
Uhhh - you returned the car - now they are going to spit in the transmission!
no we wont cuz im here. but you're in the car business too jarena no reason to call us a stealership. we're here to help but if you want someone from corporate to come down, they will have the final say-- not the dealership. who's going to be picking up the tab for your issue?

and you know i'd try to help anyone but it's just overkill and upsetting to handle it in this manner
Old 11-12-2010, 04:33 AM
w0ady

lol at talking about i of m when kenny has been around here forever.

my 09 steering wheel chips as well so i doubt any change in paint was made unless it was in the 2010 models and i havent heard anything.

as for the trans ecu reflash, it helps some but the problem is still there. i know they had engineers traveling and looking into it but ive yet to hear of any definite fix.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:54 AM
jarena2104

Originally Posted by da mayor
no we wont cuz im here. but you're in the car business too jarena no reason to call us a stealership. we're here to help but if you want someone from corporate to come down, they will have the final say-- not the dealership. who's going to be picking up the tab for your issue?

and you know i'd try to help anyone but it's just overkill and upsetting to handle it in this manner
overkill? dude when i went in there to make the apt and they saw that i already called corporate they jumped to get me in, then i deal with someone else the day i get it there and i get a completely different service. i was told it was getting fluid change regardless so they can open it up and look at the trans. and i wasnt going to pay for it. then i get a bill for 263$???

i appreciate the steering wheel comp but my dude dont forget i already bought a **** load of parts from mike including other cracking and peeling parts out of my own pocket. but in no way am i gonna pay for a $800 steering wheel. and its a 3 year old car, it shouldnt be doing it in the first place.

to address the trans isssue. bro its shifting worst than ever, manual mode bangs into gear like its a 30 year old ford! now to boot its shift in automatic mode is very laggy and unresponsive and when im at highway speeds its seems to be at 2000 rpm rather than its responsive sweet spot 3000 rpm that it used to. also now when i get off turns or pkwy ramps it just loves to get stuck in rpms until i take my foot off the gas wait 30 seconds and then it will kick down into proper gear. ( not without slamming into that gear and lunging the car forward)

and yes my car is properly aligned, sitting proper and wheels rub in no way shape or form, even with my (beefy 285 tire) and i know that ill probably hear that its doing all this cause i changed the supsension and the wheel and tire setup but my wheels weigh less than stock , are the same rolling diameter of stock, rotational mass is perfectly the same and im using high quality tires!

it just seems all to coincidental that after my wonderful experience at the STEALERSHIP that i now have more problems than i had before and a lighter wallet to boot! id bring it back in there but id probably get sugar in my gas tank if i did........ i even offered to do all the tinting there and give them a great price...... trying to keep a friendly business relationship. but dude i feel so violated now.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:11 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
if you knew you had an issue, you shouldn't have modded the car at all. hey i'd rather see your car just drive fine too but im not a technician so im just staying out of it. you're not the first owner of the car so it is hard to say. and the worst of reading all this on a public forum is for someone in corporate reading this (which Im' sure it's beyond that).
Old 11-15-2010, 07:37 AM
jarena2104

there already notified of this post as well as all the other forums i posted on, dude its nothing personal mike in parts will tell you i have no problem throwing down money for my car. this is a warranty issue and there is no way i could have known there was an issue i got no beef with you. i got beef when i go to service and get a jerk off session about how they know there is problems with the 5AT's and then when i bring it in i get a big F@CK you.... so that pissed me off now im going to be a real **** until this **** gets fixed. and my suspension and wheel mod has nothing to do with the trans at all!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:44 AM
jarena2104

well i went back into mass infinity and well see what happens today. so far they seemed pissed about my previous posts. even the service guy was like " you did a great job bashing us on the forum". so i hope im not getting spit down my dipstick. but so far reed seemed to be pretty cooperative on the issues. i went in with a **** load of tsb's that apply to my problems. im told the wind noise coming from my rear quarter windows is because i had a full paint job and apparently the paint is to THICK on my car? as for the brake squeel its because i used infiniti parts but didnt have that installed by infinity so there not even looking at that. and the wobble is because i modified the suspension and now that isnt being taken care of unless infiniti corporate funds the repair (which i was told is the driveshaft u joint, so i cant understand how that comes into play). hopefully i can at least get my tranny repaired from the hard shifting that is going on..... will post results later on.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:01 AM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The sad thing about this thread is the fact that people think this is some sort of "above and beyond" treatment that dealerships are giving to their customers. I've had the same or better treatment from both Acura and BMW dealerships in the past without even asking or having to call corporate.

It's time for Infiniti dealerships to step up and start changing their reputation.

Quick Reply: Stealership win! A must read for any infiniti owner