G37 Sedan

just visited acurazine for old times sake...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 02:20 AM
devil2k
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
my wifes truck had the turbo woth the shsawd.
it is like infinitis,only the use magnet control system to regulate the awd with a heads up display in the dash cluster.

it being a truck with a curb weight of 4000+ pounds. It had potential if you just gave it some twaeks in the suspension, it would carve out the road like a hot knife through bitter.

if it was in the tl sh-awd it does handle just as good as the g37x. But for the car itself g37 has 5 sec flat with 7 speed auto. Tl is nowhere near that just bwcause of the extra weight.
I test drove a TL before I bought my G. I told the sales person that I didn't care for the look of TL but that wasn't the deciding factor. I simply didn't like how it sends most of the power to the front. RL was okay because it sends less power to the front than the TL, but that car was more expensive and on a old platform. SH-AWD just wasn't for me.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:31 AM
BillPaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by financeman
Sorry....I disagree. The back is way over styled - way too many shapes, lines, and conflicting forms. Looks busy and a bit junky to me.
I agree, the TL design is overwrought, front and rear (actually, the rear mimics the front to a certain extent). The result of trying too hard to establish a new unique look for Acura. Whatever happened to the minimalist approach where form follows function? Until the Bangle era, BMW's had that approach, and I think they were the most beautiful of sport sedans. There were no unnecessary flourishes, lines, curves, etc.

This is one of the reasons I bought the G37 sedan: when you look at it, you can see it is all business. Obviously a sport sedan for folks who love to drive.

Last edited by BillPaul; 11-06-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:50 AM
mystakin
Registered Member

my dad owns the 2010 tl and ive driven it around a lot. i *thought* it was a really powerful car coming from an 03 tl but after getting my g it was a different story. in terms of being a driver's car, the g is my pick hands down. with the rwd and exhaust note, the g really feels like you are driving something unique. the tl has almost no exhaust note and is imo a real luxury car. interior is on a whole other level compared to the g, and the sound system in the tl is fabulous. works out well because i like the feel of the g on the road while my dad likes the matured looks of the tl
if i were running the show for honda/acura, i would have brought back a 2dr.. not even necessarily rwd. the cl or rsx would really have been something i would have debated over when i got my g coupe. as you might be able to tell, my family are partially acura fanboys. always grew up with an acura so i have some sentimental value to them. i still dont know why they cant have one coupe in their lineup. maybe its the economy and they are waiting to release a new nsx?
Old 11-06-2010, 08:08 AM
BillPaul

Originally Posted by mystakin
...the tl has almost no exhaust note and is imo a real luxury car. interior is on a whole other level compared to the g, and the sound system in the tl is fabulous. works out well because i like the feel of the g on the road while my dad likes the matured looks of the tl ...
I agree that the TL is actually a nice car. I test drove the MT6 SH-AWD before I bought my G37, and it was much nicer than I thought it would be. However, it is very bloated compared to the previous version, and painful to look at. So, I feel that Acura has lost its way. Hope they get it back.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:17 PM
PascalT

Liked the old Acura, hate the new ones. The design is just awful, especially the front.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:36 PM
robxc80

if you color match the beak with the rest of the body, it looks a bit better but that new body language with those beaks has got to go. acura lost a lot of loyal followers and i wouldn't be surprised if the head designer is receiving unemployment checks for ruining the looks of a solid brand. I had two acura's prior to the G and always thought that Acura represented a solid mix of sport, luxury, and reliability since the lexus lacks sport, infiniti lacked quality, and the Germans were unreliable. That has all changed now. The G is one of the highest rated cars on CR, Edmunds, and most other pubs.

Anyway...im rambling now. if you look at our thread, you'll notice that we are actually complimentary to the TL and try to highlight the strengths whereas the acura dudes are g bashing.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:06 PM
The Jewbag

LOL I love how that guy posted that 2 of his friends that were cross shopping the 5 series with TL's ended up getting TL's and that one of them "just came back from Germany" as if that makes a difference. LMAO
Old 11-08-2010, 06:25 PM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how can i add this as my profile pic?

Last edited by cvroom; 02-18-2011 at 09:27 PM.