G37 Sedan

Inside Line G25 Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Creepers

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
I saw a Mercedes C class yesterday with a M3 badge on the back.
that was me.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:02 PM
gt_performah

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cvroom
that would be sooo ghettooooo
But how would anyone know by just looking at the cars? I have been seeing S4's in record numbers and I know they are not really S4's but the average person would not know nor would they care.

I don't think there will be anything physically distinguishing the G25 from a G37 except the badge.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:11 PM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you are right you prob couldnt tell. i was stating that the act of stealing one badge to put it on your own is ghetto.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:33 PM
CROONEY1970

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Like guys have said in this same thread previously. Most people don't pay the extra for Nav, especially in the BMW's he used to see. Nav is not a luxury option any more as you can get it in almost any car. Everyone can have their opinion. Mine is that it is a waste of money Others think it is worth it and I respect that totally. I do like the blutooth audio streaming with that package though. Infiniti is one of very few that offer the back up camera without Nav and I think they hit a home run there
Old 10-06-2010, 09:34 PM
g gal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Car buyers choose options for different reasons. What makes sense for one person does not for another. I purchased a Journey without the premium package. I'm sure most of you think why would anybody buy the car without the premium package. I paid cash for the car, so trying to save a buck does not apply. The reason was my husband has a tall upper body and the lack of headroom with the moonroof was a no go. Poor guy flat out did not fit in the car. Our desire for the car outweighed the options we would have to do without. I think people are willing to make sacrifices if they decide the G25 is the perfect car for them. I absolutely love my 09 and do not regret my decision at all. I am not concerned about the resale value that the lack of options will bring. The cheapest way to own a car is to pay cash and drive it until the wheels falls off. I did that with my old car and plan on doing it with the 37. The quality of this car is superior to the GM product it replaced. With proper maintenance the wheels might never fall off.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:03 PM
G4FSR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some ppl buy the options just to say they have everything. To some it is a necessity. To some because they want the other options that came with the options, ie BBK for sports package.
To me, the Journey with premium package it good enough.
Don't need BBK coz I don't go to the track. I knew then that I was going to lower my car and go with the 20's so why spend $$$ for the S package.
Nav? I have a portable one that I can use with my IS and RX.
9 GB hard drive? I have a 30 GB iPod.
Back up camera? No comment. If you can' back up your car buy a cheap car. You don't have a business driving a beautiful G. Not to mention the price.
So for some ppl who are buying G25s without the luxury of having the options it's your choice. I'm pretty sure you have your reasons for buying a smaller engine with less options. Just enjoy.
I totally agree with you guys that Infiniti should have at least have one distinguishing exterior design to tell between the G25 and G37 like in the 2nd gen IS (BBK for IS350) and 3 series exhaust (dual for 335).
Old 10-07-2010, 07:02 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by G4FSR
Back up camera? No comment. If you can' back up your car buy a cheap car. You don't have a business driving a beautiful G.
I used to think the same way.....until one day I went to back out of my garage and my neighbor's 5-year-old decided it would be a good idea to try and catch a cricket on the driveway right behind my car. I would have never known he was there if it weren't for the back-up camera.

I still use my mirrors and turn my head over my shoulder while backing up, but I'm always sure to glance at the back-up camera just to make sure there's nothing right behind my car before I start moving.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:22 AM
KLB

Originally Posted by MSCA
I used to think the same way.....until one day I went to back out of my garage and my neighbor's 5-year-old decided it would be a good idea to try and catch a cricket on the driveway right behind my car. I would have never known he was there if it weren't for the back-up camera.

I still use my mirrors and turn my head over my shoulder while backing up, but I'm always sure to glance at the back-up camera just to make sure there's nothing right behind my car before I start moving.
Another nice about the camera is the fish eye view when backing out of a parking place in a parking lot when you can't see through the truck parked next to you.

It is also very useful when you need to get close to something. You can judge where you are a hell of a lot better with the camera than by looking out your rear window.

I love when people make such blanket statements to back up their logic in making a decision.

For me I doubt I will ever buy another vehicle without one.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:17 AM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bingo!!!!! That alone makes it worth having it. I once had a similar scary experience with my dog in my old WRX. Luckily she saw my car and ran out of there. I never saw or heard her when I first got in my car.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:32 AM
baksdak

Originally Posted by RustyGator
My '10 non-nav is completely responsive. Never had any issues. But of course the screen probably isn't as good quality...not that it's needed if you're not using nav. I'm sure the integration is great, but I do like how the newer models don't have so many features bundled into the nav package.
I didnt realize they had upgraded the screen until I went and drove the 2010. All I have to say is the resolution is amazing. It is like comparing an old blackberry curve screen to the new Iphone 4 screen. Not even comparable. They should make the new screen standard on all cars regardless if they come with nav or not.

To boot, the weather forecast and radar screens are pretty cool. Bet your Garmin doesnt do that! (ya, ya I know you could just look it up on your phone).
Old 10-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Creepers

Originally Posted by baksdak
I didnt realize they had upgraded the screen until I went and drove the 2010. All I have to say is the resolution is amazing. It is like comparing an old blackberry curve screen to the new Iphone 4 screen. Not even comparable. They should make the new screen standard on all cars regardless if they come with nav or not.

To boot, the weather forecast and radar screens are pretty cool. Bet your Garmin doesnt do that! (ya, ya I know you could just look it up on your phone).

i want better resolution!!! damn 2009!

just to add, with the backup cam, i can get a lot closer to my garage wall then i ever did before. i can also back into tight spaces with ease using just the cam. it's amazeballz.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:12 PM
G4FSR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very good point. But some ppl just rely on the camera and forget the basic things to do before backing up. I wish car makers don't bundle these packages together. Some of the options are just unnecessary IMO.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:25 PM
dirtymaf

I was reading this thread and thought I'd chime in, having just bought a barely used g37x sedan. As far as options go, I think it's silly for Inifniti to even offer the different options (Premium with nav, no nav, Bose sound, etc.). All of these options are cheap electronics that cost very little to include. I guess that it drives a lot of their profits, but they really should include all of these options by default, including on the G25. Doesn't Ford offer the Sync system as a standard in all cars now? And why shouldn't it? it's cheap. I got a great deal on my car, it had a moonroof, but no premium package or anything else. The ipod interface is still built into the radio, getting the cable installed for $250. Buying the paddle shift kit and installing, also for $250. I used to work at Bose. For those who don't know, the radio and speakers are the same, Bose just tunes the EQ to match the car, which is subjective in my opinion. Navigation for an extra $1500 to $2000, just because it's built into the dash? Anyway, just my long winded way of saying the options are overpriced, but I think these options should be included. If not, I'm happy to install what I will use on my own for much less coin.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:52 PM
joelamp

Yeah, I bought a G25 too. Plenty of features, very nice ride and well put together. I have never driven anything as nice or as sporty as this before (traded up from a Mazda Tribute). I didn't care about Navi, because I have never had it and never used it. Rented a few cars with it and didn't use it on the rentals either. Plenty of power for my purposes - cruises on the open highway effortlessly and is plenty quick for my needs. This is not an "enthusiast" car - this is my car for driving to work and the airport, etc, comfortably and in style.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by joelamp
Yeah, I bought a G25 too. Plenty of features, very nice ride and well put together. I have never driven anything as nice or as sporty as this before (traded up from a Mazda Tribute). I didn't care about Navi, because I have never had it and never used it. Rented a few cars with it and didn't use it on the rentals either. Plenty of power for my purposes - cruises on the open highway effortlessly and is plenty quick for my needs. This is not an "enthusiast" car - this is my car for driving to work and the airport, etc, comfortably and in style.
Precisely who the car is catered to.

-Mike

Quick Reply: Inside Line G25 Review