G37 Sedan

Inside Line G25 Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 08:19 PM
jtla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
It's literally pulg and play. You just need to buy the navi unit and antenna and plug it into the harness. From what I understand the navi and non navi cars use the same harness
I am not so sure it's plug and play. For sure there are more buttons on the center dash layout, and the screen resolution may be different as well. Also, the music box is 9.3 GB versue 2 GB (I think) for the non-navi models.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:28 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
It'll make a good Enterprise/Hertz car...
Old 10-04-2010, 09:35 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
they already have G37 as rental cars...as well as M35 and FX35.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:42 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
they already have G37 as rental cars...as well as M35 and FX35.
I know... that's part of why I have a G37 now!

I'm saying... these will be even more popular with the rental places.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:45 PM
g25dragon

Okay, so I am one of the first to buy a new G25, I have had it for a week now and it's a great car, almost perfect for what I need. It handles great, is smooth around town, and the freeway also. Of course, I am comparing it to a 1999 BMW 323i, so like I said in another post, I am used to "underpowered" sports sedans.

In that other post I mentioned that I test drove a G37 and it felt fast but didn't feel quick. I was driving around a loaner from the dealer today and wow... I just don't know how to drive a G37. This time it was fast AND quick, no comparison to the G25. And the engine lets you know it too. The G25 will probably be popular for those who want a smoother and quieter ride. While the G25 engine is a lot less hp, it seems like it powers the G25 pretty effortlessly.

I am sure I fit into one of the target markets. I bought the G25 because I wanted a sports sedan and love the G37 design. Over the last couple of years I have been down to the Infiniti dealer a few times looking at the G37, but could just never rationalize why I needed so much performance.

The only upgrade I wish I could have gotten is the premium sound system, and other than that, it would be really nice if it had an auxiliary jack so I could stream internet radio from one of my non-iPhonez.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:24 PM
baksdak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went and drove the G25 tonight. Then drove the G37S. It was a quick test drive, but I was pleasantly surprised. The G25 was very smooth all the way up to redline. Obviously not as quick as my G35 or the G37 I drove after, but it is perfect for someone who doesnt need the extra power. If (when for that matter) Infiniti makes the higher end packages available as options, this will turn into the volume leader. I am certain. It is not enough power for me, but most of us on these boards are in the minority in always wanting more power.

The premium package is also decontented (no power tilt/telescope steering, no memory seats, no bose sound)
Old 10-05-2010, 01:48 AM
LC_G37

How exactly could infiniti hurt itself by offering a more affordable G? If Lexus and BMW are doing the exact same thing then how in the world would that hurt? I see 328, c300 and is250 all day long and even though I may see them a lot I don't think negatively toward them. The only thing that comes to mind is the fact that what they are driving must be a really good car since you see so many of them. Also not everyone is a HP maniac that get off on how fast they can dart to the next red light. Some people really don't care. To each his/her own and thats it. But I sure wish they would have done this a long time ago and didn't have a penny pinching CEO. Could you imagine some of the products they would have now? Thats what cars like these do to build the brand. Whyyyyyy?!?!?!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:51 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Their penny pinching CEO is what saved Nissan/Infiniti from bankruptcy.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:33 AM
xixonmn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LC_G37
But I sure wish they would have done this a long time ago and didn't have a penny pinching CEO.
...and Obama administration was offering Carlos Ghosn a job at GM. He doesn't want a job at GM. He wants to buy GM and makes it a part of Renault-Nissan. What a penny pinching CEO huh?
Old 10-05-2010, 09:18 AM
LC_G37

Seeing that my Mrs works for nmac I know that if he wasn't a penny pincher then she probably wouldn't be working for them. And I know they were pursuing him but heck you wouldn't even want that job. Lol but it was just a general statement. Don't take it to heart and reply with the "huh".
Old 10-05-2010, 10:59 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by g25dragon
Okay, so I am one of the first to buy a new G25, I have had it for a week now and it's a great car, almost perfect for what I need. It handles great, is smooth around town, and the freeway also. Of course, I am comparing it to a 1999 BMW 323i, so like I said in another post, I am used to "underpowered" sports sedans.

In that other post I mentioned that I test drove a G37 and it felt fast but didn't feel quick. I was driving around a loaner from the dealer today and wow... I just don't know how to drive a G37. This time it was fast AND quick, no comparison to the G25. And the engine lets you know it too. The G25 will probably be popular for those who want a smoother and quieter ride. While the G25 engine is a lot less hp, it seems like it powers the G25 pretty effortlessly.

I am sure I fit into one of the target markets. I bought the G25 because I wanted a sports sedan and love the G37 design. Over the last couple of years I have been down to the Infiniti dealer a few times looking at the G37, but could just never rationalize why I needed so much performance.

The only upgrade I wish I could have gotten is the premium sound system, and other than that, it would be really nice if it had an auxiliary jack so I could stream internet radio from one of my non-iPhonez.
maybe the loaner was broken in or you were really able to tell the difference after driving your G25 for a couple weeks, compared to test driving a G37 without having driven a G25 previously?

But in anycase, being in L.A., i can see how the G25 would be adequate for most. I mean, I love the extra power I have with the G37, but I rarely get to really drive it to it's potential because I'm stuck in L.A. traffic all the time anyways.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:23 PM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I like the idea of the G25 but as a consumer If i'm willing to pay for navigation and some of the goodies offered in the premium package I want to have that option. My wife is a great example, she would buy a G25 since she doesn't need the extra power. But she would never buy a G25 without the NAV or some of the other goodies offered with the premium package..

The 328I offers the consumer the opportunity to buy the Nav and the premium package. BMW does not tell it's customer "sorry these options are only available if you step up the more expensive 335I".
Old 10-05-2010, 03:26 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gugarci
I like the idea of the G25 but as a consumer If i'm willing to pay for navigation and some of the goodies offered in the premium package I want to have that option. My wife is a great example, she would buy a G25 since she doesn't need the extra power. But she would never buy a G25 without the NAV or some of the other goodies offered with the premium package..

The 328I offers the consumer the opportunity to buy the Nav and the premium package. BMW does not tell it's customer "sorry these options are only available if you step up the more expensive 335I".
I agree with this. How much more could it cost Nissan to actually have it on the option sheet? It seems to be that most Japanese car companies are more of the "one size fits all" thought process, while German car companies seem to be much more willing to offer individual options across their lines.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:42 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MSCA
I agree with this. How much more could it cost Nissan to actually have it on the option sheet? It seems to be that most Japanese car companies are more of the "one size fits all" thought process, while German car companies seem to be much more willing to offer individual options across their lines.
I agree with your comment. That's why it's easy to negotiate and buy a Infiniti vs. a BMW. For a BMW, you'll have to know all the options and price for each of them before you start to negotiate. And that is also why people say BMW nickle and dime every single option. In my personal preference, I like the Japanese model.

But I don't understand why NAV and other goodies are not offered on the G25. Perhaps they REALLY don't want it to jeopardize the good G37's sales record, and rather just want more "icing on the cake".
Old 10-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Gobbler Man

I purchased my G37 in Feb. At first, I was a little disappointed in the announcement of the G25. The reason being, I could have saved myself some money and gone a cheaper route. I love the extra power of the G37, but it causes me to burn more gas...haha. Also, I rarely get to drive the car "aggressively". So, I thought that the G25 would have been a perfect fit.

That is until I saw the limited choice in options. My list of requirements included the Navi, the nice sound system, the memory seats, etc. Without those options, the G25 would be a no go for me.

Of course, that is just me. I think it is a smart move to have the G25. It will surely get a lot of new people to get into the Infiniti family. Once people get attached to a brand, you can make a lot of money off a family. I know a lot of people that owned just one Honda or Toyota and now will only buy those brands.

Quick Reply: Inside Line G25 Review