G37 Sedan

2010 G37 sedan Fogs

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Nepsa2987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 G37 sedan Fogs

Hey everyone.....first i would just like to say that i am new here...just bought my first G 3 weeks ago and Love it! Proud owner 2010 G37 Sedan

I was planing on buying the HID fog conversion kit from here:

HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

was gonna do 55w and 6000k color. Does anyone know if you need any of the extra harneses or adaptors to make it work? Also being the 55w they say it will drown out the color a little so would 6000K be a good match for the headlights or would you need to go up to 8000K? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:10 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
DDM kit comes with everything you need. I would just get the 35w kit. personally, i would get the 3000k kit. yellow will work much better in actual rain/fog. 6000k or 8000k, especially with HID, will be useless in fog/rain.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Nepsa2987

Thanks sniper. I will definetly take that into consideration.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:10 PM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
6000k or 8000k, especially with HID, will be useless in fog/rain.
Speak for yourself... I wouldn't say useless... most people that I know have 6,000 in their fogs, where as I have 8,000 and I can see perfectly fine in Rain, Fog and Snow.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:36 PM
sniper27

ok, maybe useless was a little extreme, but it is proven than 3000k will give you better visibility in the rain/fog compared to 8000k. it will light up the road, but the color temperature will cause reflection of the rain/fog and will impair your visibility.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:59 PM
peshs3

Originally Posted by Nepsa2987
Hey everyone.....first i would just like to say that i am new here...just bought my first G 3 weeks ago and Love it! Proud owner 2010 G37 Sedan

I was planing on buying the HID fog conversion kit from here:

HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

was gonna do 55w and 6000k color. Does anyone know if you need any of the extra harneses or adaptors to make it work? Also being the 55w they say it will drown out the color a little so would 6000K be a good match for the headlights or would you need to go up to 8000K? any help would be greatly appreciated.

the truth is yellow cuts throught fog better something to do with light filtration throught water...but 6000k will be fine(you will get a little more reflection) it all depends on what you want it to look like to on comers...personally i have all 6000k bulbs......you may want to consider replaceing your stock bulbs(4300k) so they all match in color just a thought you are as always free to do what ever you like just keep in mind all the light companies have our bulbs listed as 9006 but i promise they are wrong it is a h8 bulb take it out and check for your self if you dont believe me just do it before you order
Old 09-28-2010, 09:47 PM
mooshoofooie

Originally Posted by peshs3
the truth is yellow cuts throught fog better something to do with light filtration throught water...but 6000k will be fine(you will get a little more reflection) it all depends on what you want it to look like to on comers...personally i have all 6000k bulbs......you may want to consider replaceing your stock bulbs(4300k) so they all match in color just a thought you are as always free to do what ever you like just keep in mind all the light companies have our bulbs listed as 9006 but i promise they are wrong it is a h8 bulb take it out and check for your self if you dont believe me just do it before you order
all i read is one long run-on sentence. so we're still saying all u need is that one kit, correct?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:45 AM
use2vw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm rollin with 35w DDM and 3000k...cake install and lifetime guarantee
Old 09-29-2010, 08:54 AM
ScottyBeGood

It is an easy install though... The passenger side is a bit tricky if you have big hands with Windshield wiper fluid tank in the way. But really it is just switching the bulb sockets and finding a place to hang the balast on the HID kit.

On my kit I had to reverse the polarity on the balast, so if yours doesn't work try reversing the polarity first. The instructions should outline what this is or how to do this. Here's some more info.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:26 AM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScottyBeGood
It is an easy install though... The passenger side is a bit tricky if you have big hands with Windshield wiper fluid tank in the way. But really it is just switching the bulb sockets and finding a place to hang the balast on the HID kit.
On my kit I had to reverse the polarity on the balast, so if yours doesn't work try reversing the polarity first. The instructions should outline what this is or how to do this. Here's some more info.
Can someone please tell me what is the difference between an HID bulb , where you just swap bulbs, and an HID kit with wires and balasts (not sure what that is)? Is there a significant difference?
Old 09-29-2010, 10:22 AM
sniper27

Originally Posted by use2vw
do you have a pic from inside the car? does the 3000k HID yellow overpowers the headlights? also, looks like the light output is yellow, but when looking at the light directly, it looks almost white, or is that just the picture?
Old 09-29-2010, 10:27 AM
DocJohn
G-DOG

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by use2vw
How did you wire your fog lights to be powered independent of the headlights and parking lights?
Old 09-29-2010, 10:50 AM
ScottyBeGood

Originally Posted by BLKG37X
Can someone please tell me what is the difference between an HID bulb , where you just swap bulbs, and an HID kit with wires and balasts (not sure what that is)? Is there a significant difference?
While I am not an expert of anything. For the Fogs, you'll need to install an HID kit as the car is not wired for HID just the standard halogen. Here are some differences. You can find HID kits most anywhere, a good place that I should've went through is iJDMToy found here.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:03 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScottyBeGood
While I am not an expert of anything. For the Fogs, you'll need to install an HID kit as the car is not wired for HID just the standard halogen. Here are some differences. You can find HID kits most anywhere, a good place that I should've went through is iJDMToy found here.
I'm not just talking about the fogs, headlights too. And I'm not just talking about the G, what about any car. I just want to know the difference between an HID bulb replacement, where you just swap bulbs, and an HID kit with wires and balasts. And I want to know whether there a significant difference?<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Old 09-29-2010, 12:36 PM
sniper27

Originally Posted by BLKG37X
I'm not just talking about the fogs, headlights too. And I'm not just talking about the G, what about any car. I just want to know the difference between an HID bulb replacement, where you just swap bulbs, and an HID kit with wires and balasts. And I want to know whether there a significant difference?<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
for any car, if you already have HIDs, you can swap just the bulb for a different color temperature, or if you need a replacement. If you don't have HIDs, then you need a kit with the ballasts, wiring, and HID bulbs.

Quick Reply: 2010 G37 sedan Fogs