G37 Sedan

luxury brand? dealer service issue.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 10:04 PM
SCBLKG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
luxury brand? dealer service issue.

I drove all the way to my local dealership today which is a melting pot of high end brands including m.benz, Maybach, Porsche,Land Rover, Jaguar,etc..
upon driving into their fancy service area i was greeted by a friendly(kind of) service writer. i told him i was there and wanted to get my first oil change done since I was at 3650miles and was going on a trip. he told me that since i didnt have an appointment he could not do it and i could come back tomorrow. i suggested that i leave the car and he give me a loaner.. no chance was told there were no loaners until next wednesday..

long story short(too late) just really disappointed in how I couldnt be serviced/helped today its like they didnt try...i have owned other brands so lesser some higher and was never really ever sent away like that. my out of state brother in law was down recently and he got a on the spot oil change on saturday at nissan with his maxima.. i just feel as a owner of a luxury brand vehicle i deserve more....am i wrong?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The dealer was probably slammed, or he would have done it for you. If they're busy, you can't expect them to drop everything and extend wait times for other customers that did have appointments.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect a rental without an appointment either. Next time make a phone call before making the drive.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:10 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
if you went to an Infiniti dealership, I would expect they would work with you a little more...but you make it sound like you drive to a generic dealership that just deals in high end cars. And sorry to put it this way, but the G37 is not at the top of the list when compared to Maybach.

It could also be the fact that just that dealership is like that. Don't write off the brand just because you had a bad experience at one dealership. You are in South Carolina, get used to sh!tty service in every area, not just the car (when I was stationed in SC it seemed like every single person there was competing for the most incompetent, least helpful award)

And when it really comes down to it...you didn't make an appointment. You should expect at least a little wait time when you just show up. The dealer will never just drop everything for you. What happens when the next person just shows up, are they supposed to drop everything (including you) for them?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:27 PM
SCBLKG37

This was an Infiniti dealership with also carried other brands ...good points...i should of made the appointment,but i was hoping to be squeezed in or somewhat accommodated... especially after my dad ragged me about " I dont need a appointment for my FORD"

been in SC for 8 years i know customer service is not at the forefront of anything here ( ever waited 30minutes for a big mac.)
Old 09-22-2010, 10:37 PM
jb9573

I have to agree. An appointment really is a must-have these days. It's the only way to reliably get a loaner car in most places.

But I've got one better for you. I took my nice, new, clean G37S Sedan to the shop the other day for it's maiden oil change and realized I would have rather them told me they didn't have a car for me after all. I was walked out to my loaner and found I had been put in a 6 year old G35 with 120,000 miles on the dial. On top of that it smelled like a turd.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:54 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
I had an Audi and had to make an appt everytime. No loaner also. Instead, they give you an Enterprise rental car. Be happy that you even have the option of getting an Infiniti loaner. My parents Mercedes was the same. Appt only at dealer and also gives you an Enterprise rental car.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Steve Wilson

My dealer offers a no cost valet service by appointment - they bring a loaner to my office and take my car in for service.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:31 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I always get an Infiniti loaner at my dealer but I need to make an appointment. They're usually pretty busy so you can't really get any service without an appointment.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:02 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I bought my 2010 sedan in Sarasota, about 50 miles north of where I live. They gave me a coupon for the first 2 oil changes. I made an appointment for the first oil change at about 6,000 miles and had them rotate the tires at that time.
They were done in less then an hour, while I waited and it was for free, so I was happy.
If I had to drive 100 mile round trip and leave the car for an oil change/tire rotation, I would just do it myself.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:14 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most dealers offer the ability to make a service appointment from the web; no excuse for going without an appointment.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:07 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by movinon
I bought my 2010 sedan in Sarasota, about 50 miles north of where I live. They gave me a coupon for the first 2 oil changes. I made an appointment for the first oil change at about 6,000 miles and had them rotate the tires at that time.
They were done in less then an hour, while I waited and it was for free, so I was happy.
If I had to drive 100 mile round trip and leave the car for an oil change/tire rotation, I would just do it myself.
Yep, all my oil changes @ Infiniti dealers always were done within an hour so no need for a loaner. I had a couple TSBs done and was provided a loaner since it was about a 4 hour turnaround. I wouldn't expect them to fit me in without an appointment, but if I really needed something done I'd surely call first to see if they could make it happen, but wouldn't just pull into the dealer hoping to get a service done.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:22 PM
evilpanda

Originally Posted by madmax2k1
Most dealers offer the ability to make a service appointment from the web; no excuse for going without an appointment.
exactly! my dealer gets busy sometimes when you make an appointment online you they can't do it the very next day usually the day or 2 after. most dealers get pretty busy so you cant always expect them to fill you in without an appointment.

Originally Posted by blnewt
Yep, all my oil changes @ Infiniti dealers always were done within an hour so no need for a loaner. I wouldn't expect them to fit me in without an appointment, but if I really needed something done I'd surely call first to see if they could make it happen, but wouldn't just pull into the dealer hoping to get a service done.
same here, i got my first oil change done the other day and it was done in exactly an hour with a free car wash.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:07 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
I saw the "no appointment, no service, sorry" as odd first time around.

However, it has its benefits. With the appointment, they generally can service your car and get you on your way within an hour (usually much less) if a loaner is not required.

When i had my Honda, Nissan, etc. Sure, i could just drop in, but the wait times were *much* longer and those customer lounges were always packed like sardines.

The Infiniti "experience" is much more relaxed.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:12 PM
filthee

Originally Posted by evilpanda
with a free car wash.
Silly question but do they vacuum the car as well, or is it just an outside deal?

Tnx.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:37 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
mine vacuums the inside. but the outside was a crappy job. windows were smeared and hazy. waterspots everywhere. i had to wash it myself when i got home.

Quick Reply: luxury brand? dealer service issue.