G37 Sedan

first door ding in my G

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 04:18 PM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
first door ding in my G

it just happened. I was looking over my car last night and i saw it on the lower side of the passenger door. I thought "nooooooooooo!" i know it happened in the last 2 days prob when my wife had it parked at work. some careless shmoe probably opened their door into it. I do give my wife credit though since she usually parks in a safe spot. somehow they got to it. I knew it was coming and i told myself not to worry about it when it does happen. Now that its happened i keep thinking about it and for some reason i think typing up a thread will make me feel better

Sorry no picture mostly because you probably would not be able to make it out easy anyway. its best described as a dimple and there is no chipped paint. isnt there any kind of mini-plunger that you can get that uses a plunger action to suck this dimple out? i know dent busters would take care of this but im not going to drop a 100 bucks just to get another one a month down the road. im just looking for some cheap fix.

sorry if you think im a tool bag for worrying about one tiny dimple but its a new G37x's first dent, wouldnt that make everybody sad?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I completely understand why you're annoyed...door dings drive me insane.

Google "paintless dent repair" in your area, and you'll likely find a number of qualified pros that can remove that for you in around 30 minutes.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:43 PM
HappyG

I know how it feels. My G got her first too.

Parked in Manhattan, came home and realized there was paint exchange on the driver side door handle. The dent is deep and the paint is chipped.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Creepers

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get it fixed. only costs about $80.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:29 PM
rohardi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had this situation 2 weeks after I got my car. I had 2 dings one in the crease on the top of the door, and one in the lower part of the door just underneath the top ding. They were bad (I first spotted them from over 200 feet away) I didn't have any paint damage thank god. I took it to dent pro's and they were able to take the dings out for me and return it back to 100%. The cost was $200 but well worth it as it would have driven me nuts.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:37 PM
SCBLKG37

google paint-less dent repair remember its a bad economy you should be able to haggle dent removal.....i worked my local guy from 80 to 50 on my lexus
good luck that stuff drives me up the wall
Old 09-09-2010, 10:24 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Mine came with a small ding from the dealership...... I use a private PDR person...usually charges between $25 and $60 per panel. I've watched him work...a small ding usually takes less than five minutes if its accessable. Don't overpay...... PDR doesn't work for everything, but its a great solution for small to medium sized flat panel dings where the paint is still in place. Good luck!!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:48 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
forget about it or do it right. there is no such thing as a quick cheap diy repair for door dings. you'll only waste your money trying something cheap.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:19 PM
NyC_G37x

i had a door ding on my left front fender crease on top of the wheel after a month of owning my car too. i thought i wasnt gonna get it fixed because it was on a crease. i googled pdr and found nycdentwerks. the guy came to my house and got it completely out in 20min for $150. i know its over priced but its better than having to look at an ugly door ding every day.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:26 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
the guy said he doesn't want to pay for pdr. let's see how many more people can tell him to google "pdr".
Old 09-10-2010, 08:35 AM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by speedracer g37
forget about it or do it right. there is no such thing as a quick cheap diy repair for door dings. you'll only waste your money trying something cheap.
+1...there is no such thing as an effective cheap/free DIY repair that works unless you have pdr training. Even then, you would need the tools.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:01 AM
cvroom

Thanks for the replies and sympathy . i did say i wasnt going to do pdr but you guys are convincing me now. for what it is i bet i could get this thing fixed for under a hundred. if it doesnt bug me enough maybe i will wait till i get another one and then get them both done
Old 09-10-2010, 10:05 AM
cvroom

Originally Posted by FishMeetFish
I know how it feels. My G got her first too.

yea inevitable i was just hoping i would have at least a year before i had to deal with these nasties. i see both of us are not that lucky.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:30 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cvroom
yea inevitable i was just hoping i would have at least a year before i had to deal with these nasties. i see both of us are not that lucky.
A year is wishfull thinking. The first week of having the car, I parked... folded my side mirror... pulled out the bumper bully and went to a store. I was there for only 5 min, and when I return, there's a dent the size of a golf ball on top of my trunk
I could not figure out how it could've happened. Couldn't be from another car, and there's no golf courses around. I figured maybe someone threw something out the window from either a passing car or the buliding next door. Very upsetting but it happens.
Also I got rear ended last week (this time the dent is larger than a golf ball).

Some things are inevitable
Old 09-10-2010, 05:28 PM
jg10G37-S

I hate dings so much I paid $1000 for the extra PDR insurance added on the car when I purchased it. They will remove all dings on the side of the car, upper front/rear bumper, hood and roof for the next five years.

I always keep my car in the garage but one particular day about a month after having it, I had it outside and this little boy across the street was playing with this toy that helicopters down and hit dead center driver side pillar and put a dent! Ironically, the insurance doesn't cover this!

Yea, I was pissed cause of all the spots it could have landed, it was there. LOL. $1000 for nothing!

JG

Quick Reply: first door ding in my G