G37 Sedan

Tint job

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 08:22 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jarena2104
Ok i own a window tinting shop in ny, and i did remove my glass from the entire car to tint it.... Now before everyone gets all crazy i did it because i wanted to install a nano film that suntek makes. It gets lighter at night and goes to a full 5% during the day. Because of the extreme cost of this film i removed the glass to ensure a 110% install absolutley no specks of any kind. I also applied it to my windsheild.

From a 12 year window tint stand point, i have to say that no job is perfect there is always a chance the dirt or water can extract some kind of imperfection in the film somewhere. But removal on a regular customer basis is absolutley ridiculous... And i would ask them if you can be present for the install. Chances they are bs you about the removal. How much are they charging you if i may ask? What brand film?
Those are some good questions, I certainly don't think the guy was using Suntek, but was telling me the charge was $285 which seemed way to high. The guy I met with acted like a "Surfer Dude" kinda like he was fried from all the detailing jobs he has done. I really didn't feel comfortable when he mentioned removing the windows and that it would take all day to do.

So instead of doing this I went to another place Car Optics which is recommended by some others in Philly. The job took about 40 minutes and I went with 20%. I could have been comfortable going with 15% not much of a big difference.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:45 PM
NonAme

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol no tint job takes a whole day, i think he was just aiming for a cruise in your car haha.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Creepers

Originally Posted by ScottyBeGood

So instead of doing this I went to another place Car Optics which is recommended by some others in Philly. The job took about 40 minutes and I went with 20%. I could have been comfortable going with 15% not much of a big difference.
okay, so did they do a good job? i recall you said $180, right? im going to get tint as soon as i pay off my computer, and i wanna go to a reputable shop (unlike where i got my clear bra...)
Old 09-02-2010, 09:55 PM
ScottyBeGood

Originally Posted by Creepers
okay, so did they do a good job? i recall you said $180, right? im going to get tint as soon as i pay off my computer, and i wanna go to a reputable shop (unlike where i got my clear bra...)
Yeah, Car Optics did a great job they are off of Bustleton Ave, behind a doctor's office. They did a great job, I highly recommend them to anyone in Philly. Car Optics-Virtual Tint $180 was what I paid before tax, which I think it came out to like $200.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:59 PM
ScottyBeGood

Originally Posted by NonAme
lol no tint job takes a whole day, i think he was just aiming for a cruise in your car haha.
Yeah I couldn't believe the guy wanted the car for the whole day. The stoner was confused when I canceled the appointment.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Creepers

Originally Posted by ScottyBeGood
Yeah, Car Optics did a great job they are off of Bustleton Ave, behind a doctor's office. They did a great job, I highly recommend them to anyone in Philly. Car Optics-Virtual Tint $180 was what I paid before tax, which I think it came out to like $200.
alright, i will get my tint with Car Optics. thanks for the info.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:47 AM
qirex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
naive: Can you tint a lease? do you have to get it approved by the dealer?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:17 AM
mindonmatter

Originally Posted by qirex
naive: Can you tint a lease? do you have to get it approved by the dealer?
Yes. No.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Creepers

so im at car optics now getting my tint did. is it normal for them to apply tint on the outside of the back window?
Old 10-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
so im at car optics now getting my tint did. is it normal for them to apply tint on the outside of the back window?
No. But, I will say that they typically lightly apply it to the outside to get the template cut and then bring it inside for final application. My installer did that when I had my windshield done.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Creepers

Originally Posted by Blackjack
No. But, I will say that they typically lightly apply it to the outside to get the template cut and then bring it inside for final application. My installer did that when I had my windshield done.
maybe that's what theyre doing. lol i thought it was odd. ill ask them later.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:55 PM
mindonmatter

NO!!! There is nothing normal about that. Stop them and ask WTF they're doing.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Creepers

Originally Posted by mindonmatter
NO!!! There is nothing normal about that. Stop them and ask WTF they're doing.
turns out it was as blackjack said. they ended up applying it on the inside.

i was pretty impressed with their service and expertise. but ill hold my judgment until after it dries.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:38 PM
4drScreamer

Can someone recommend a good tint shop in So Cal that installs Suntek? South Bay area preferably, but will still drive for a good install!
Old 10-10-2010, 01:13 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by 4drScreamer
Can someone recommend a good tint shop in So Cal that installs Suntek? South Bay area preferably, but will still drive for a good install!
not sure if they do Suntek, but California Tint in Rosemead does outstanding jobs. Make sure you get there EARLY. especially on a saturday, people drive from all over and get there before they're even open and wait in line.

Quick Reply: Tint job