G37 Sedan

Nissan Maxima vs. G37

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 01:14 AM
realgone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. I actually really like the new TL. I like the other cars as well, but I just thought the quality was much higher on the TL from the Maxima and the G37. When test driving, honestly I thought that as soon as I drove the G37, I would want it, but what ended up happening is I felt like I was in a lesser or cheaper car. That was the feel I got. Great to drive, don't get me wrong, very sporty, quiet and fun, but that was it and that is not enough for me.

I found the TL all around pleasing, especially the comfort and interior quality. It was unmatched when compared to the other two cars. The TL is fast enough for anyone. It has plenty of get up and go and by no means feels like a slouch, and lets face it, all that speed is just competitive immature BS that my car is faster than yours. A car is for driving from point A to point B and rarely involves racing. That is why I am choosing the TL. We have had two Acura's, a previous gen TL and RL. I don't know what it is about Acura, but they have luxury and comfort especially nailed and to repeat what my boyfriend said about the Nissan's and Infiniti's, they don't have seats figured out. They are hard, narrow and uncomfortable, they just cannot figure it out.

We do not live in the Fast and the Furious. It is unsafe to race a car in the streets and I doubt that many of you G37 owners are driving the car the car to it's potential and if you are, you are no doubt risking others, so essentially all that speed is an expensive waste or an ego booster. Nobody needs that much horse power. A well equipped V6 to handle daily driving is all that is needed because I will say it again, this is not the Fast and the Furious.

I guess I am getting older. I used to get off on the fact that I had a sexy fast car, but than I realized it was a waste. Sure it was pure sex on the eyes, but there goes that ego again. I love the Acura's. My boyfriend has had two and as a passenger I have alway ridden in extreme comfort. Yesterday I took the G on a 2hour+ one way trip to look at cars and driving that distance just about killed me and I am a small person. It is the comfort and interior feel of the Acura that sold me. You can't beat it. Just go test drive one and feel how soft the seats are, it is like sitting on a couch. MAN.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:10 AM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by realgone
Oh and to whoever said, go to the TL forums, they bash them too. I remember reading the same thing about the current generation G's from older gens. Comments like what's with that silver lip on the trunk, I don't think they look sporty enough they ruined the design by going for a more luxury look, I think the older gen's look nicer, etc......

Every time a new gen comes out and someone has the old gen, they nit pick it apart to justify why their older one is better than the new one because they don't have one.
Yup, that’s true…there’s always people who will “bash” the newly designed car when it first comes out. The difference with the TL is that the vast majority of Acura owners bashed it when it first came out and the same people continue to bash it today. In fact, the majority of TL owners seemed to have abandoned the brand altogether as their leases expired or they sold their last-generation TL. I guess the styling just isn’t growing on those guys because they haven’t warmed up to it. But like others have said, the only thing that matters is if YOU like it. Don’t worry about what everyone else thinks….it makes you seem like you’re being defensive and questioning whether or not you really like it yourself. If you are confident in your decision, then you shouldn’t have to defend it.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:20 AM
MSCA
Banned

Forgot to say--- One thing I do like about the TL is the fact that you can get a manual transmission with a V6 engine. That's getting harder and harder to find as more manufacturers are abandoning the manual transmission altogether or only offering them with a small 4-cylinder engine in some cases. So I give Acura credit for that, but I still think the styling will keep many buyers away. I wonder how well they are selling?
Old 08-30-2010, 08:37 AM
mindonmatter

Originally Posted by realgone
Thanks. I actually really like the new TL. I like the other cars as well, but I just thought the quality was much higher on the TL from the Maxima and the G37. When test driving, honestly I thought that as soon as I drove the G37, I would want it, but what ended up happening is I felt like I was in a lesser or cheaper car. That was the feel I got. Great to drive, don't get me wrong, very sporty, quiet and fun, but that was it and that is not enough for me.

I found the TL all around pleasing, especially the comfort and interior quality. It was unmatched when compared to the other two cars. The TL is fast enough for anyone. It has plenty of get up and go and by no means feels like a slouch, and lets face it, all that speed is just competitive immature BS that my car is faster than yours. A car is for driving from point A to point B and rarely involves racing. That is why I am choosing the TL. We have had two Acura's, a previous gen TL and RL. I don't know what it is about Acura, but they have luxury and comfort especially nailed and to repeat what my boyfriend said about the Nissan's and Infiniti's, they don't have seats figured out. They are hard, narrow and uncomfortable, they just cannot figure it out.

We do not live in the Fast and the Furious. It is unsafe to race a car in the streets and I doubt that many of you G37 owners are driving the car the car to it's potential and if you are, you are no doubt risking others, so essentially all that speed is an expensive waste or an ego booster. Nobody needs that much horse power. A well equipped V6 to handle daily driving is all that is needed because I will say it again, this is not the Fast and the Furious.

I guess I am getting older. I used to get off on the fact that I had a sexy fast car, but than I realized it was a waste. Sure it was pure sex on the eyes, but there goes that ego again. I love the Acura's. My boyfriend has had two and as a passenger I have alway ridden in extreme comfort. Yesterday I took the G on a 2hour+ one way trip to look at cars and driving that distance just about killed me and I am a small person. It is the comfort and interior feel of the Acura that sold me. You can't beat it. Just go test drive one and feel how soft the seats are, it is like sitting on a couch. MAN.
Heeeeeeyyyyy.....wait a minute here. Did my mom put you up to writing this post? ^^^.

Seriously, you think the only reason someone would want a faster car than you, or a better looking car than you, is because they are ego-driven?? I have a true passion for driving, and I can't fulfill that passion with a bloated FWD bore. I wish I had a little more time to address the rest of your presumptuous statements, but I have to run my kids to school(hopefully we'll all make it there alive, you know, with my dangerously fast car). Enjoy your new couch
Old 08-30-2010, 08:57 AM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
If comfort is the goal, why bother with a TL then...a Buick Lucerne would be even more comfortable............wide seats, quiet ride, good gas mileage, and less money - and maybe a little better looking :-)
Old 08-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Rizzo

Originally Posted by mindonmatter
Enjoy your new couch
Lol.. Seriously, "wouldn't you really rather have a Buick?"
Old 08-30-2010, 10:20 AM
blitzebill

sorry but the whole Acura line is butt (and front)-ugly. why pay $43K for an ugly car?

the G's lines are sweeping and elegant, and the performance is amazing.

I'll take a G over an Acura any day!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Jayhawk815

Originally Posted by financeman
If comfort is the goal, why bother with a TL then...a Buick Lucerne would be even more comfortable............wide seats, quiet ride, good gas mileage, and less money - and maybe a little better looking :-)
Agreed, accept that I think the Lucerne is MUCH better looking.

I had a 2nd generation Acura TL throughout college and had held on to it for a while after, waiting on the 4th generation to come out. Once I saw the exterior design, I knew there was no way I could ever live with it. Don't get me wrong, the 4th gen TL is a great car, especially when equiped with the torque-vectoring AWD. Even to this day, though, I think the 4th gen TL is horrendous looking.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:25 AM
zoner

if you really want something that's a couch go and get a Ford Flex. Ugly as can be but you can drive it 900 miles in a day and put all ur stuff in back! The TL is a automotive gene mutation. The faster they redesign it then they can go back to selling them.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:12 PM
328HP

Originally Posted by zoner
if you really want something that's a couch go and get a Ford Flex. Ugly as can be but you can drive it 900 miles in a day and put all ur stuff in back! The TL is a automotive gene mutation. The faster they redesign it then they can go back to selling them.
Acura has admitted their mistake and for 2011 a new beak is coming on board, the old one is out. Whether that will improve sales is another matter but I know a lot of Acura fans have abandoned ship.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:20 PM
MSCA
Banned

I think it will take more than a new "beak" to fix the TL. They should redesign the entire front bumper (including the grill) and the back bumper as well. The car looks okay from the side, so a mild facelift and buttlift and it could look halfway decent.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:23 PM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by 328HP
Acura has admitted their mistake and for 2011 a new beak is coming on board, the old one is out. Whether that will improve sales is another matter but I know a lot of Acura fans have abandoned ship.
Remember the 2007 Subaru Tribeca? The front end of that car was so ugly that they redesigned it after just one year.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:03 PM
328HP

I have to agree, the buttonfest inside the car also has to go. I think brands like Porsche can pull polarizing designs off. The Cayenne did not meet a warm reception when it came out, look at it now. After all you can say you own a Porsche, its got a nice ring to it. Acura thought too highly of themselves, they cannot pull something like this off, the brand is not there yet, maybe in another 50 years, if the TL survives that long seeing its the most recent design of the IS/C/3er/G37/CTS/A4 and is being outsold by all except the IS (the IS came first and is due for a redesign in a year or 2). It may follow the RL, which is dead now.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:19 PM
themajesticking

I vote for the G.

I was about to buy an '08 G35 Sedan but I ended up going with the Coupe because I just like the feel and look of a coupe better. Sometimes I think I made the wrong choice when I see a sedan pull up. lol

Right before I bought my car my wife and I were in the market for a new car to replace her old camry. She was tossed between the Maxima, TSX, ES350, and the G37 Sedan. She went for the Maxima because she always liked it. The maxima is very nice but compared to a G sedan I just think the G sedan looks more elegant. The interior just feels better but similar. The dealbreaker for me is the CVT transmission. I hate the way it feels. It's very smooth but I like a sportier feel. It's just a matter of preference.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:41 PM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by 328HP
I have to agree, the buttonfest inside the car also has to go. I think brands like Porsche can pull polarizing designs off. The Cayenne did not meet a warm reception when it came out, look at it now. After all you can say you own a Porsche, its got a nice ring to it. Acura thought too highly of themselves, they cannot pull something like this off, the brand is not there yet, maybe in another 50 years, if the TL survives that long seeing its the most recent design of the IS/C/3er/G37/CTS/A4 and is being outsold by all except the IS (the IS came first and is due for a redesign in a year or 2). It may follow the RL, which is dead now.
The Acura MDX is the same way....buttons all over the place. At night, the interior looks like the cockpit of a fighter jet! Every button is lit up all over the place. Call me crazy, but I think it would be a good idea to tone it down a bit and simplify the controls if at all possible. I like tech as much as the next guy, but a thousand buttons isn't something that I'd like on my next vehicle!

Quick Reply: Nissan Maxima vs. G37