G37 Sedan

just purchased a new g37xS and...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 10:21 PM
marjen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just purchased a new g37xS and...

Well I sent my wife to pick up her new car today as I was busy and could not make it. Made sure I told her to check over the car and make sure the deal looks good. She says all is fine looks great. I get home take a look at the car and right over the rear drivers side door is a 6" long DEEP scratch that is def a key. It fails the fingernail test and looks aweful. Also 2-3 small scratches right by the gas tank door and this was only seeing the car in near pitch dark, afraid to see what it looks like in daylight!!

Needless to say not happy, we ended up a little bit of an argument over it and I sent the dealer an email. Really pissed they pulled this crap as there is NO WAY the guy prepping the car or the salesman did not see the scratches, they just tried to pull it over on my wife (and succeeded). Do I have any course of action? She already signed, is there like a 48hr period or something I can revoke the deal? I figure probably not. Its a lease and will end up back with them in 39 months but what a totally crappy way to welcome in a new car. God I HATE car dealers! Cant wait to see what happens with this.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:23 PM
xixonmn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
which dealer?
Old 08-23-2010, 10:25 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Ouch!

That really sucks man.. if your dealers nice enough, they'll fix it. The normal stealership would say you did it and that the car was 100% when handed over, as per the signature.

Best of luck
Old 08-23-2010, 10:32 PM
marjen

Harte Infinity in CT. I dont have a good feeling about this. WTF. I am expecting them to blame us. If it was not horrible I would try and buff it out, but the damn thing is deep.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:48 PM
rohardi

I had a similar experience last month with my G37XS from Inskip in RI. they took ownership of the problems and took care of the issues and made it right (after multiple attempts) and did the right thing. I REALLY hope your dealership makes it right. it's not like your buying a hyundai, your buying a $40,000+ car!!! (not that there's anything wrong with hyundai, my dad just bought a 2010 hyundai and i must sayi was impressed)

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-opinions.html

I'm torn. I really wanted an M3 sedan. I LOVE my G37, but I don't know if I would buy another car from this dealership and there aren't any other dealerships for 60+ miles. So on my next go around do I go with an M3 sedan or hope for a better experience and possibly shopping out of state for my next G37. AND the IPL has me intrigued. I'd love to se an IPL sedan G37...
Old 08-23-2010, 11:01 PM
marjen

Funny you mention Hyundai. I bought a sonata in 2002 and when I went to pick up the car the manager came over and said they found some scratches on the car but would fix it as soon as I could bring it back. I didnt even have to point them out, they pointed out to me! I know there is no way the dealer did not see these scratches and they just tried to pass it off. I thought a "luxury" brand was supposed to be a step up in service? We shall see.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:09 PM
rohardi

lol it looked like the tech that put my midnight black grill in used a pry bar to get the old one out.... he would have had to be Hellen Keller not to have noticed... Good luck man. I will tell you this, THe car is a BLAST to drive!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:14 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
aw what?! that's not kewl...
definitely take it back; try a different approach though than the one you're probably thinking of...STAY CALM and continue to PUSH for what you want! SLOW AND STEADY...don't go ape *$#( on 'em. trust me, it'll get you WAY further! GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:21 AM
Philip8969

The way this turns out might depend on the laws where you bought it. Regardless I would get it back to them asap. I believe that in a few states there is a grace period where you can return the car. Don't know how that works wherever you are, but if you get it back to them in that period they would probably fix it for you so they don't have to take it back.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:47 AM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't worry. Bring it back to the dealer first thing in the morning. Stay calm. Be reasonable.

When I first picked up my car, there was a little dent in the rear bumper. It was in the evening, so I didn't see it during delivery. I discovered it the next morning. I immediately drove back to the dealer and they agreed to fix it free of charge and provided a loaner. No hassle. And I was completely satisfied with the result.

Good luck!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:34 AM
marjen

Well its even worse than I thought. In addition to the scratches I saw last night, in the light of day I discovered 2 chips on the hood exposing the white underneath and 3-4 other areas with several 1-2 inch scratches. Am I overreacting? I am in such a bad mood right now. Really not sure how my usually intelligent wife missed all this. I would NOT have taken delivery of this car. I mean I know 6 months from now its going to have some scratches on it but can we not start with a clean slate? Just hating the car, the dealership and everything about this delivery right now. Not sure when we can even get it there as we have a busy week, but a call will be made this morning. I took some pics and I am emailing them to the salesman shortly.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:24 AM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
keep the car.......return the wife!

all kidding aside, take it back to the dealership and ask them to fix it...no possible way those scratches can happen in less than 24 hrs. they def pulled a fast one
Old 08-24-2010, 10:38 AM
marjen

Just talked to dealership. They said bring it in and they will fix all issues. Hope they follow through but they said consider it fixed. So taking it in today to be evaluated. What a buzz kill!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Jayhawk815

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by marjen
Just talked to dealership. They said bring it in and they will fix all issues. Hope they follow through but they said consider it fixed. So taking it in today to be evaluated. What a buzz kill!
Well good to hear! Hopefully they do follow through for you. I would've been pissed to say the least if I'd discovered all those "issues" on a newly purchased car.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:19 AM
g37southpaw

moral of the story here....never send a woman to do a man's job....

jk...hope you get it worked out to your satisfaction

Quick Reply: just purchased a new g37xS and...