G37 Sedan

just purchased a new g37xS and...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 01:34 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Harte should be good to work with since they have a body shop on site. Goodl uck on it.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:32 PM
marjen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are taking it in Friday, keeping my fingers crossed.

Looking forward to driving this a little bit over the next couple weeks (if my wife lets me). I own a 2009 maxima and think it will be an interesting comparison. I hate to say this here but early impressions are I like the CVT better (dont shoot me).
Old 08-25-2010, 02:16 PM
DocJohn
G-DOG

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by marjen
They are taking it in Friday, keeping my fingers crossed.

Looking forward to driving this a little bit over the next couple weeks (if my wife lets me). I own a 2009 maxima and think it will be an interesting comparison. I hate to say this here but early impressions are I like the CVT better (dont shoot me).
I sold an '07 Maxima SE when I bought my '10 G37x. I liked the CVT tranny too. The CVT took some getting used to a first. Compared to the 7AT on the G37, the CVT didn't have any of the lag issues that many (including myself) have complained of on this site.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:58 PM
jtla

Originally Posted by marjen
I hate to say this here but early impressions are I like the CVT better (dont shoot me).

Next to the FWD set up, CVT is the biggest factor I did not consider the current gen Maxima -- even thoust I LOVE its styling. I won't shoot you, but please do elaborate on your preferrance on the CVT.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:30 PM
volnedan

My brother has an 07 Altima 3.5 SE which basically has the same engine (270hp instead of 290hp) as the current Maxima, and whenever I drive it to me it feels like an auto trans thats slipping. My brother likes it because he doesn't feel the "shift shock" when the trans swtiches gears. To each his own I guess.

I personally don't like CVTs, but I am not passionately angry at them like some folks are. Yes it does take away the sportiness and the constant drone annoys me, but some ppl just like a smooth shifting tranny and are not gunning it when passing on the freeway or coming out of turns.

Then again, this is my first auto trans vehicle in about 8 years and I'm already itching to get back into a manual. Maybe I'll let the wife take the current G and I can get a new one? Maybe IPL coupe?
Old 08-27-2010, 05:01 PM
marjen

Well took the G in today to have them supposedly fix the car. Not looking good. I talked with the service manager and he can not believe they let my wife take it home with at least some scratches on almost every panel and the chips. He also said he was told to buff them out and they will not repaint which at least a couple need done. So he had me talk with sales manager. He pissed me off. Says the chips on the hood "could have happened when you drove it home so we will not fix those" Sure they could have but I seriously doubt it. Then he said sure we can buff out the big scratch, um no way. It fails the fingernail test and is really deep and long. He says they will not paint it.
So called for a status and the service manager says he is not happy with the results but sales is not agreeing to really fix the problem so now we need to wait till next week. Nice BRAND NEW car and we already have a loner and will for the forseeable future and they are not even going to fix it. The sales manager says to me, oh this is a lease, no big deal infiniti will take it back without charging you. Gee thanks so the car is effed up and we need to live with it for 3 years. I will NEVER by another infiniti again if this is how great the service is. George harte nissan. At the moment i would say avoid them!
Old 08-27-2010, 06:11 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
aw...man, that's really disappointing can't you lemon it or something? that's really unfortunate man; no well-respected dealership would've done that to you. very upsetting, even for me! best of luck! keep pushing to get what YOU WANT, even it grows a few extra white hairs. remember to stay calm (easier said than done, I know)...
Old 08-27-2010, 08:03 PM
LINY_Rob

Terrible to hear about your situation.

Keep pushing. Call Corporate!

They should be doing more than what they are doing now. The dealer at the very least should be pretending to try and help - or to express intent to try and do something. I would have been on the phone with Corporate on day 2. Don't give up!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:40 AM
KLB

First you need to talk to the General Manager there.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:35 AM
rohardi

Dude - Seriously sad to hear this... Like I had said, I had a similar situation with my car in July and the dealer made it right. If the dealership won't budge, call corporate. Who cares if it's a lease. Just tell them every time you go uot to get in your car you will se the scratches and t will just be a daily reminder to NEVER buy a car from them again
Old 08-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Rizzo

Get in touch with 'Infiniti Consumer Affairs' ASAP.. the Japanese are very proud of their products especially when competing with other auto manufacturers. I'd be very surprised if they didn't get things squared away with your dealership and this problem.

Infiniti USA - Contact Us
Old 08-28-2010, 05:39 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I recommend you take a lot of high quality pictures. Document this and call Infiniti Consumer Affairs. Keep giving the dealer pressure, but stay calm.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:25 PM
marjen

Ok well i just got back from the dealership. They called and said the car was ready so I went to take a look. Well it did not look much different. Several of the scratches were still there completely untouched. The worst one was still very visible as again it went through the paint. I told them I was not happy with the results at all. The manager asked what my concern was, lol. He said you have some scratches it wont effect the performance of the car. Thats not the point. They also still try and claim they did not see them. Whoever prepped the car HAD to have seen them. It is not possible to hand wash and clean a car and not see every little imperfection. So I refused to take the car. They now say they are going to paint it. We shall see how that goes. I am guessing they are going to try and only paint the deepest of the scratches and continue to not do anything about all the little ones. What a very frustrating experience. They have had our new car longer than we have.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:30 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry about your problems....hope it's a lease. A really good body shop can sand it, apply a little color, and then clear coat the panel. When I picked my car up there was a tiny, barely noticable ding immediately behind the rear door opening. A very difficult area to fix with pdr...I agreed to accept as is since I would not want paint on my new car. I guess the lesson is simple....scrutinize the entire vehicle at delivery.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:52 AM
Rizzo

Originally Posted by financeman
scrutinize the entire vehicle at delivery.
Exactly! Prior to taking delivery of every vehicle we've ever leased or purchased.. we go over it twice (once usually under showroom lighting and second under full sunlight) checking everything from inside trunk to under hood. Open everything, turn everything on and obviously drive it prior to signing for it! If not.. you've made the mistake and are now under 'manufacturers warranty'.

Quick Reply: just purchased a new g37xS and...