G37 Sedan

Why did you buy your G???

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 04:50 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up Why did you buy your G???

Whether you are a new owner or 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc... owner. Why did you buy your G- Sedan, Coupe, Convertible? Was it the value, performance, style or other reason? What other cars have you owned or what other cars did you look at and how does the G compare? What would you tell someone that is a potential buyer of the G series?
Old 08-20-2010, 04:55 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Because the 2010 6MT TL SH-AWD wasn't bearable to look at, the 2010 335i was too expensive for my blood as was the 2010 S4 both in 6MT, the A4 was too slow - I wasn't looking to mod heavily just to keep up with other cars in its class; wasn't attractive to me some reason, the G37S Coupe wasn't practical for me, and because it had too much hot air around it - it's a boat and slower than the sedan. oh and the 370Z, insurance was too expensive for my age (22 - please don't flame) and...driving record

In all honesty, I didn't like the look of the sedan before I bought it; I bought it because my choices were limited and it seemed like the best bang for the buck. Since however, I've really come to appreciate its lines and body style. I used to HATE the lip; it made the car so uneven at one point. Looks darn aggressive to me now.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:45 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^
I agree with you completely, the Acura TL looks like it has "Buck Teeth". I too, looked at the same cars as well adding in the Lexus IS 350, Mercedes C350 and Volvo S60. I also had a budget that I had to meet and met that with the Infiniti G37S (friends and family). I also have 3 kids which a four seater would have made things difficult with the Coupe, which 2 of them are in booster seats. The G37 is really the top of its class in performance, style and value for me. I highly recommend this car for the family man or woman, that likes to rip it open and beat down any of the other entry level luxury cars. Nissan/Infiniti definetly have a winner.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:54 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because it was awesome! I ended up getting tired of the coupe though and wanted a change of pace from japanese cars.

It had that value for sure. When looking at a comparably equipped 335i, the G37 has everything plus: the Big brake kit, a v-LSD, back-up camera, and a price of several thousand less.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:16 AM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when i was shopping in 08......it was basically the best bang for the buck. I originally wanted the coupe but the lease price was crazy......so i ended up with a sedan.

I just recently picked up a 10 coupe....it was a no-brainer....i loved my sedan so much....the coupe just made it sweeter.

As others will say.....335 is more expensive..C Class is under powered...as well as the Audi's.....its a no-brainer
Old 08-20-2010, 12:45 PM
jg10G37-S

3 series beamers are nice to look at but I just couldn't spend that kind of money while sitting in a boring looking interior.

The 6MT coupe was my initial choice but after test driving it several times with two kids, I new it was easier for all of us with the four door. I would have gotten the stick but I wanted the kids to have rear AC so I went with the auto. The paddle shifters are cool but the stick would have been waaaaaaay cooler. Still love the car though!

JG
Old 08-20-2010, 04:34 PM
MOB

Other vehicles I was considering...
Cad CTS - the G outperforms it unless you go with the "V" which was way too much dough for an American sedan
BMW 3 & 5 series - the G outperforms both unless you go M and all the way around these were not worth the added cost both in buying and maintaining aftere warranty expires.
Lexus IS & GS - The IS is too small in the cabin & rear seat, has major blind spots, and seemed more of a chick car unless taking the step to the IS-F...which was way too much of a price bump IMO. The GS line just didn't fit the sporty look I was looking for & is slow.
Acura TL - just plain fugly & the G spanks it all day everyday
Chrysler 300 srt8 - American-made gas guzzler that drives to its size...too clumsy & heavy and yet again, the G is quicker. As well, we all know the american sedans start to rattle & fall apart...so nope.
Audi S4 & S6 - too much money to buy into the break-down brand. And holy crap they're expensive to repair. And their exterior styling is just plain.
MB C350 - quite nice but lacks performance feel & result. Just didn't feel right.
VW Passat & CC - nah, been there done that. Once a VW, always a VW.

The G suited my every wish in its price range. Sexy smooth exterior lines, nice interior appointments, reliability, good warranty, very nimble, and quick quick quick. Damn solid offering for $35K loaded and is a blast to drive everyday. My son gets in his car seat in the back and never fails....."daddy, go voom voom....go voom voom!". Not to mention how much I love it when I find myself alone at a light with Camaro, Mustang, Acura, 300/Charger, or Honda guy with an attitude....buh-bye sucka.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:45 PM
EKinNYC

im with eksigned... was looking at A4, 328xi coupe, and the G. of those 3, the G gave me the most power and comfort for the least amount of money - im paying $445 for my lease (0 down, yadda yadda), compared to $480-ish for the other 2 options (i was pricing them with bells and whistles)
Old 08-20-2010, 04:50 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wanted a new car. The IS, 3 Series and C Class were too small (and the M3 and C63 too expensive). The A4/S4 is nice but I know too many people with Audi/VW cars that have electrical problems. I don't care for any of Acura's offerings and didn't like the CTS. Ford and Chrysler didn't have anything comperable.

That leaves me with the G.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:01 PM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Nothing in its price will give you more bang for buck. I was really considering a 335i too but size also came into play, I couldn't fit comfortably in the back seat of a 335i.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:05 PM
scjconsulting

I had a 2006 M35x.
I really would have gone to a Audi A5 except as usual my Audi dealer was offering no real discount and not many to choose from and not one with everything I wanted.
The BMW dealer would deal, but were missing features that I wanted and over priced.
My 2nd Infiniti dealer in my area was offering a good trade-in and found a car for me in Chicago.

Last edited by scjconsulting; 08-20-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:38 PM
The Jewbag

Because I wanted friends.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:43 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
the 335i was too expensive...plus the repeated fuel pump issues were a downer....i'd still get one used though
Old 08-20-2010, 07:43 PM
328HP

For those who know where this is coming from

because its refined
Old 08-20-2010, 08:09 PM
owslystnly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
because it's effin awesome

Quick Reply: Why did you buy your G???