G37 Sedan

Why did you buy your G???

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:12 PM
G4FSR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was going for the 328 but with the G price and power, it's a no brainer. My buddy bought a 328. He paid $ 2k more with less options and LESS POWER.
Another option was an IS350 but I still have my IS250.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:19 PM
DrErn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the G37S 6MT and it ridiculously fast and fun. I've got out of bed at 2 in the morning and gone out for drives because I just gotta drive it.....it's that fun!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:58 PM
SCBLKG37

I wanted something bigger & Faster than my Lexus Is250. I originally drove the the G37 coupe in 08 and loved the engine noise. This is my 1st G. when looking this time around I considered the Is350 but couldnt justify the cost for just a bigger motor. I am extremely with my happy with my choice
Old 08-21-2010, 02:35 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
Because it was awesome! I ended up getting tired of the coupe though and wanted a change of pace from japanese cars.

It had that value for sure. When looking at a comparably equipped 335i, the G37 has everything plus: the Big brake kit, a v-LSD, back-up camera, and a price of several thousand less.
very interesting. i actually JUST WENT and test drove a 2011 6MT 335 ix today. i wasn't impressed. maybe it was the x drive system? car was also a bit beat up for a new car with supposedly 2 test drivers.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
I've never been a BMW fan after having driven a few friend's cars, they just never seemed to fit me well. I owned a Nissan Altima SE-R previously and that was a great fwd sedan that I had a lot of fun with, hard to beat the VQ for power in that class. Was looking for something that had similar features as the SE-R, more power, better fit & finish, and switched back to an auto for the wife (a good compromise with the power gained).

I rented a brand new 09 G37 Journey out in Vegas for a day trip to the Grand Canyon and was sold after driving the car for 12+ hours that day - talk about an extended test drive! Didn't hurt that the wife loved the car too and we always went back to the G after other vehicle test drives. Initially, I wanted to get a RWD G37, but the Mid Atlantic region isn't terribly friendly in finding those cars, ended up getting the X and I do not regret the AWD option, especially after the major snow storm last year.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:15 AM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I started off looking at the CTS, because the wife liked the looks of it. The CTS seating nixed it for me. My right knee was wedged against the center console and the seat was too flat.
I probably could have put up with it for city driving but not on the long trips I take.
That left the 335i and the G37 sedans. The price difference didn't bother me. It came down to reliability. I didn't want to have to worry about the car leaving me stranded when I was taking a long trip.
The G37 sedan fits my needs perfectly as far as looks,size, power,handling, content and reliability.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:58 PM
LINY_Rob

Had been a Honda fan - 2002 Accord V6 coupe, 2004 Accord V6 coupe, and 2006 Accord V6 sedan - loved 'em all. BUT, I wanted an integrated nav system, bluetooth, and better handling. I started to look at 2008 Accord V6 sedan and coupe - but I was getting very high lease quotes - it was just too much to justify for an Accord. My partner had been leasing from our local Infiniti dealer - so I paid a visit to the dealer to see what kind of lease quote I could get.

Got a good deal on a 2008 G35xS that gave me the nav, bluetooth, vastly improved handling, more power, and a heavy dose of style. When the lease came due, I once again looked and test drove the 2010 Accord V6 sedan and a 2010 G37xS. I almost test drove the Acura TSX V6. And once again, the price differential was just ridiculous - the Accord was not really not that far off the lease payment for the G. In my mind, the G was worth the extra dollars each month.

Things that keep me with the G:
Power / performance
High style and premium brand (you just can't look cool in an Accord sedan no matter how good the car may be)
Available paddle shifters (this was very important to me)
Luxury features - good nav and screen, rear camera, rear sonar
Reasonable MPG considering the power
Excellent ride and handling
Old 08-22-2010, 10:42 AM
PascalT

I'm 29 and it was my first car.. so i wanted something on the higher end and something fun to drive. The G had a bit of everything i was looking for and at a lower price than Audi or BMW, so it was an immediate no-brainer for me. The big selling points for me were the interior design, engine sound and feel and the exterior styling.

For potential owners i'd say it's a great car but to be aware of the poor paint quality and to not get black unless they want to baby their car all the time. I'd also recommend another car if they drive 80%+ in the city since it really drains the fuel there... tho for me i don't really care since i didn't buy the car to save money..
Old 08-22-2010, 04:40 PM
surfjax87

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
When my lincoln ls died, I wanted a rear wheel drive sedan with some power to have fun with. With my budget, it was either the G or the pontiac g8 gt. I probably would be driving the g8 right now if they didn't get bought by the government and then canned.

I couldn't be happier with my decision. The G is fun to drive and gets better gas milage than my old lincoln no matter how I drive it.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Hapa DC5

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had the itch for something new.

I didn't have the need for a car as big as the 4G TL nor did I care for the exterior looks of it at all (although the SH-AWD 6MT drove like a dream). I wanted a car around the same size as my 3G TL. The CTS was great, but I would not settle for a non-V and we all know a V is big bucks. The 3 series was too small IMO. The 5 series was too expensive. I didn't want to own either of those out of warranty. Same with the A4 and an S4/5 was out of my price range as well. A TSX V6 is not sporty at all and seemed just like another 3G TL.

The G is my first Infiniti/Nissan product and I really enjoy driving it. It fits my needs/wants for a car and is very reasonably priced. BBK, LSD, rear view camera, etc it was the best compromise for style, performance, safety, reliability, affordability, feature content, etc. As long as it stays problem free I'll likely keep this car for 6 years +
Old 08-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Fresh to Death

I got the G37 Sedan because I was so tired of having a coupe (2006 Civic Coupe) and it moved at a turtle pace. It was a big step and a completely different drive with my transition. I absolutely love the car. I think it has great performance, handling, design, engineering, and comfort for its value. I couldn't be happier.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:29 AM
G37NC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
simple.....it has the best looking front end (imo) of any sport sedan I've seen. I'm a sucker for a cool looking front. It's a beautifully designed car all around, drives great, and Infiniti are the most reliable of the bunch. This is my 2nd G and my next car will more than likely be another G.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:01 PM
qb37Xs

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Opted for the 2010 G37x: a great balance of performance, features, design and value. The AWD equipped with one of the best
V-6s in the industry, it was an easy decision after selling my 2005 Audi A6 4.2.

Only complaints are the paint quality and no available manual 6 speed in AWD. Only cars I would upgrade to would be an M or the GTR.

Last edited by qb37Xs; 08-25-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:55 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottyBeGood
^^
I agree with you completely, the Acura TL looks like it has "Buck Teeth". I too, looked at the same cars as well adding in the Lexus IS 350, Mercedes C350 and Volvo S60. I also had a budget that I had to meet and met that with the Infiniti G37S (friends and family). I also have 3 kids which a four seater would have made things difficult with the Coupe, which 2 of them are in booster seats. The G37 is really the top of its class in performance, style and value for me. I highly recommend this car for the family man or woman, that likes to rip it open and beat down any of the other entry level luxury cars. Nissan/Infiniti definetly have a winner.
Other than these reasons, I opted for the 6MT as my wife will not drive it. She doesn't like manual transmissions, or more importantly know how to drive them.