G37 Sedan

Fair price?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 04:19 PM
SingletrackMind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair price?

Well, I think I am gonna sell my 09 G37x. I haven't had it for a full year yet, but I am kind of over it. I love the car, but I hate the payment, and I think I am gonna sell it and just go buy something I can pay for without financing. It's a nice car, yes, but it's not my cup of tea anymore. I am probably going to get back in a truck.

Anyway, it's an 09 g37x without the nav/tech package. It'll have between 36-38k miles on it when I get ready to sell it. It's basically stock. I had the windows tinted, bought a new set of factory floor mats so it has summer and winter mats, and I am about to upgrade the audio. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense to put money into it when I am getting ready to sell it, but the parts are ordered and it has been scheduled for a little while, and the stock speakers are shot, so I am gonna do it anyway. It's nothing extreme, some Infinity component speakers and a mild amp, gonna be about $900 worth of parts and labor. I will probably also get a full detail done on it before I sell. Chicago traffic has wreaked some havoc on the paint.

The KBB on it is $27.2 - $28.9k. I think after a good detail it would rate as "good" but not "excellent." The stock wheels are worn and discolored, and the tires will need replacing soon. I was holding out till winter when I was planning on keeping it.

So, considering all this, what do you think is a fair price for a quick sale but without getting burned? I am thinking of listing it at $27k. Informed opinions and criticism are welcomed. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:34 PM
DmfG37sTT

Those miles are going to kill you. In a little over a year you went double the average. Lets see some pictures of the body and paint.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:39 PM
SindhiStyle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much did you pay for the vehicle? I really do think $27 is on the high end esp if the new owner needs to get a new set of tires right away and the car has 35k miles on it. If it was prestine condition I could see you maybe getting $27k, but I think realistically you will prob be around the 24-25k area.

Good luck! Please let us know how much you end up getting of it.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:05 PM
SingletrackMind

Fair enough. I bought it in 12/09 with 19k on it. It was from a rental fleet. I still owe on it, but I owe less than it's worth, so I have some room to play. I know the miles are high, but the book values I listed were for 36k, which I am short of right now. I have to drive about 50miles one way to work, so that's where most of it comes from.

To be honest, I was being a little optimistic with 27k. I think, if I do end up selling it, I'll probably list it at 26 and see what happens. I would probably be pretty happy with anything over 25k.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:16 PM
DmfG37sTT

You know what you should do...... Trade in that car for an older G. like an 08 with some miles on it and maybe the payments will be what you want. who knows
Old 08-16-2010, 07:45 PM
SingletrackMind

Well, I don't want ANY payment. Like, I am going to sell the car, and just go pay cash for something. I have realized that, with a nice car, all I do is worry about putting miles on it or scartching the paint or staining the carpet. I miss the old days of having 15 yr old Accord with 150k on it. Not much to worry about then. LOL. But, I might just buy something to drive and keep the G, pay it off, and make it my weekend and joy riding car. We'll see I guess.