G37 Sedan

Is the G25 going to depreciate the Value of the G series?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 04:55 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 328HP
The G37 is going to be pricier, dealers will be prepared to give you a better deal on the G25 than the G37, which should help the G37 residuals. Funny enough the G37 sold 5.7k units in July and the 3er sold 8k units, so its very likely you were going to see many units on the road in the future even if the G25 had not come out.

I dont get the exclusivity argument at the G's price point, it simply does not work which explains why I am seeing more G37s these days, especially the 10s.

Where did you find those sales numbers? I'm always looking for a website that publishes monthly sales of different vehicles.

BTW, I hardly ever see G37 coupes on the road. They just seem to be very rare. But I do see quite a few sedans.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:22 PM
328HP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MSCA
Where did you find those sales numbers? I'm always looking for a website that publishes monthly sales of different vehicles.

BTW, I hardly ever see G37 coupes on the road. They just seem to be very rare. But I do see quite a few sedans.
On the autonews website. They may ask for a subscription to their data but you can do a free trial and wont need to subscribe.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:05 PM
nisslover

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
You can find Nissans monthly sales over at Nissannews.com or Infinitinews.com(same site).

NNA July 2010 Sales: Nissan/Infiniti News Room (the PDF to the left of the page shows each model sales info.)

US Overall July Sales: July sales: Luxury up, mainstream solid, Honda and Toyota down

Also, autospies.com post sales of each manufacturer which most break down into the sales of each model.

Just so you guys know how the G compares to the rest of its class:

Entry Level Sedans
1. BMW 3-Series - 8,897(Sedan, Coupe, Convert.)
2. Infiniti G - 5,721(Sedan, Coupe, Convert.)
3. Cadillac CTS - 5,516
4. Mercedes-Benz C-Class - 5,309
5. Lexus ES - 4,093
6. Audi A4/S4 - 3,903
7. Acura TL - 3,123
8. Lexus IS - 3,100
9. Lincoln MKZ- 1,590

The G is usually #3 but the G25 should solidify its spot at #2 behind the 3 Series. So the G is and has been a seller and I see them just as much as 3 Series here in Houston. They're every where.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:57 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by 328HP
The G37 is going to be pricier, dealers will be prepared to give you a better deal on the G25 than the G37, which should help the G37 residuals. Funny enough the G37 sold 5.7k units in July and the 3er sold 8k units, so its very likely you were going to see many units on the road in the future even if the G25 had not come out.

I dont get the exclusivity argument at the G's price point, it simply does not work which explains why I am seeing more G37s these days, especially the 10s.
The G37 isn't going up significantly... just the typical yearly mark up from corporate.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:33 AM
328HP

Originally Posted by da mayor
The G37 isn't going up significantly... just the typical yearly mark up from corporate.
But Da mayor, is it correct to assume that although the MSRP will not change significantly, the OTD price may change since the 37 will now be the "premium" model and the G25 will be the model where the dealer will be more prepared to cut the price more significantly.

Key word there is "assume", you would know better of course
Old 08-17-2010, 09:38 AM
328HP

Originally Posted by nisslover
You can find Nissans monthly sales over at Nissannews.com or Infinitinews.com(same site).

NNA July 2010 Sales: Nissan/Infiniti News Room (the PDF to the left of the page shows each model sales info.)

US Overall July Sales: July sales: Luxury up, mainstream solid, Honda and Toyota down

Also, autospies.com post sales of each manufacturer which most break down into the sales of each model.

Just so you guys know how the G compares to the rest of its class:

Entry Level Sedans
1. BMW 3-Series - 8,897(Sedan, Coupe, Convert.)
2. Infiniti G - 5,721(Sedan, Coupe, Convert.)
3. Cadillac CTS - 5,516
4. Mercedes-Benz C-Class - 5,309
5. Lexus ES - 4,093
6. Audi A4/S4 - 3,903
7. Acura TL - 3,123
8. Lexus IS - 3,100
9. Lincoln MKZ- 1,590

The G is usually #3 but the G25 should solidify its spot at #2 behind the 3 Series. So the G is and has been a seller and I see them just as much as 3 Series here in Houston. They're every where.
Acura is finished, they will never come back from trailing behind all but the IS, the IS came out in 2005, the TL about 3 years later and they are selling about the same units today. With the G25 coming on board, that will steal sales from the TSX. The MDX is the only thing working for them and although I am considering getting one - its a very nice car, just the fact that its an Acura is making me reconsider.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:23 AM
MSCA
Banned

My mother recently got a new MDX. It's really nice, but the sticker price was a bit over $50K for her fully loaded model.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:39 AM
328HP

Originally Posted by MSCA
My mother recently got a new MDX. It's really nice, but the sticker price was a bit over $50K for her fully loaded model.
Yes that car will get you in the 50s, however you get a lot for your money, especially when compared to the Germans. I test drove it and it really is a nice car.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:54 AM
BlackG37Coupe

Do you think the coupe will suffer? I dont think so since there are far fewer of the coupes
Old 08-17-2010, 11:15 AM
mystakin
Registered Member

value of the 'g series' may depreciate but the overall value of nissan will go up. lets face it, in today's economy many people who would like to drive behind a g37 simply cant due to financial reasons. bringing a lower scale model of the g37 with the same styling cues would appeal greatly to this share of potential buyers. BMW munches on their own 335 with the 328 and it seems to be a great marketing strategy for them. lexus does the same with their is350 and is250. nissan sees that as infiniti is a luxury brand, they can give the same luxury features with less power for a more affordable price. now, are people going to be buying g25's all over the place? probably. the g37 has very distinct looks and many people want it. on the whole as a company though, nissan will make a lot of money off of this and that is always good for us as a customer of nissan.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:35 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackG37Coupe
Do you think the coupe will suffer? I dont think so since there are far fewer of the coupes
If they have a successful year with the G25 Sedan, who is to say that they do not make G25 Coupe or a G25 Convertible? How is that pricing going to work?

Personally I think the IPL Coupe is coming late to the game and where is the IPL Convertible and is there going to be an IPL Sedan? Is Infiniti just taking baby steps here in launching a new model every year or are they going to get it straight and display everything all at once?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Mr_Ryte

Originally Posted by ScottyBeGood
If they have a successful year with the G25 Sedan, who is to say that they do not make G25 Coupe or a G25 Convertible? How is that pricing going to work?

Personally I think the IPL Coupe is coming late to the game and where is the IPL Convertible and is there going to be an IPL Sedan? Is Infiniti just taking baby steps here in launching a new model every year or are they going to get it straight and display everything all at once?
Forgive me; but I'm lost as to why this is an issue for you. If the G25 sedan does well and they offer a G25 Coupe/Convertible I'm sure that they figure out the pricing for those models and adjust it accordingly. As for the IPL line; I too am disappointed at their meager offerings, but Infiniti is testing the IPL and will expand it if the demand is high enough (I guess you COULD refer to it as baby steps; but I see it as being sensible......)
Old 08-17-2010, 12:10 PM
volnedan

I think the G25 sedan is a great idea. Conversely, I think that a $35,000 maxima is a stupid idea. They should do away with the 3.5 Altima and leave it at the 4 cylinder only, and if you want a V-6 you must go to the maxima. Too much overlapping for Nissan models.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:55 PM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr_Ryte
Forgive me; but I'm lost as to why this is an issue for you. If the G25 sedan does well and they offer a G25 Coupe/Convertible I'm sure that they figure out the pricing for those models and adjust it accordingly. As for the IPL line; I too am disappointed at their meager offerings, but Infiniti is testing the IPL and will expand it if the demand is high enough (I guess you COULD refer to it as baby steps; but I see it as being sensible......)
It is the "sensible" approach that has me confused.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Spathic

I see '08-'10 G's all over Montgomery. Moreso than I see BMW 3's.

Definately not alone anymore...

Quick Reply: Is the G25 going to depreciate the Value of the G series?