G37 Sedan

37x or 37xs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 04:43 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by amroberts8
Thanks for all the insight. I think I'm going to buy the G37xs. I think it is the clear choice amongst the sport sedans that I have driven. I drove the BMW 335i x-drive and it is also a great car. I noticed the increased torque that the BMW offered over the Infinity and thought it was a bit tighter of a vehicle. I am a bit skeptical of the potential issues surrounding dual turbo chargers vs. a naturally aspirated vehicle like the Infinity and the equally equipped BMW was over 10,000.00 more - no thanks. The Mercedes C300 is the only one available (of the Cs) with AWD. While it was my favorite in appearance of them all, the performance was what I would consider dismal for a "sport sedan". At less than 230 horsepower, the Mercedes provided a smooth shifting, pleasant ride, but was sluggish and only aggressive when the RPMs were high. Acceleration was pitiful and the steering way too light. I plan to drive the Audi A6 and then make my decision. So far though I have to say that when looking at all aspects, from price to performance and comfort it doesn't even seem close. I find myself wondering how it is that Infinity can offer such an all-star at such a great price? Thanks again for the help - I'll post some pics when I pick up my new car!
It's spelled Infiniti.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:37 PM
amroberts8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti!! Thanks John - probably want to get that right on this forum huh?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:41 PM
zoner

I almost bought the 335xi coupe but it was about 8K difference and although the BMW is made of better materials it just felt like I was getting ripped just to have the blue and white roundel. If you are a short term buyer then you might be better off with the BMW as the resale seems to be better. I too felt more inclined towards the G37 because I tend to keep my cars longer 5-7 years, and was fearful of turbo problems as well. My impression was that the G is just as capable in the turns and was a little softer ride. The 335 seemed to jar over little irregularities on the road more. having the 4 doors in the end was a factor as well as I have two teenagers. And the 4 door BMW does not compare to the G37. Slap some Honda emblems on it and remove the kidney grill and it could be a not so aero Civic.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:56 PM
ballz3
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For what it's worth, I LOVE the sport seats and would NOT have purchased any of the G's with the normal seats. I would have shopped for another vehicle with sportier seats because I need that type of support. I want my seat to hold me, and REALLY wish it had power lumbar. I have driven both (and my passenger seat doesn't have adjustable bolsters anyway).
Old 08-24-2010, 06:07 PM
drewm

I had a 2007 G35S with Prem and Nav and just moved to a 2010 G37X Prem and Nav. I noticed a significant decrease in steering responsiveness, moving to the AWD. The brakes don't grab the same and the steering is much looser, but that was always going to happen going to the AWD. There weren't any G37XS available in my area, I do miss the sport seats and steering wheel feel, but am getting used to the new car, going from a G35 to a G37 changed where all the power is delivered, the G35S really wanted to go, all the time, the G37 is much more refined. Needed an AWD for the snow, the G35 was unusable without separate wheels and Blizzaks.

I'd go with the RWD Sport if you don't have to drive in snow. I'd go with the AWD Sport if you will drive in snow and don't want to buy separate wheels and tires for it, which you will have to if you buy a RWD. If you're fine dropping an extra grand or two on wheels and tires for the RWD go for it as you'll love it in the summer, I wasn't ok spending that much extra.