G37 Sedan

37x or 37xs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 09:57 AM
rohardi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say get the G37XS. I LOVE mine. It's sooooooooo fun to drive! I have a 2010 G37XS, I had to drop it off at the dealership and get a loaner (G37X) and I missed the look, wheels and the sport seats. One thing that hasn't been mentoioned as a part of the upgrade from the G37X to the G37XS is paddle shifters Which are SOOOOOOOOO fun!!! Get the S, you WILL NOT regret it!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:44 AM
DocJohn
G-DOG

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Basically, if you like the looks of the sport package and the feel of the sport seats, then by all means go for the G37xs. Make sure you drive an xs and you like the feel of the seats. As much as I liked the other features of the xs the seats were not good for me.

Also, its possible to order just the 18" wheels/tire package on an x, and you can add the paddle shifters too. Riverside Infiniti sells them on e-bay for $245.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:08 AM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you can afford it.....go with the xS

you get everything the X has.....plus a little more.

the sport seats have adjustable support....at their widest setting...they are only a bit snugger than normal seats.....and then you can expand the bolsters to a tighter setting.

IMO i love the seats.....but if you're unsure...go try it out. But i wouldnt think twice about it. .

Other than that....all the sport options on the X are cosmetic...which i think are worth it, but it depends on how u feel about the sport bumper/rims

There is little to no difference in the way the cars drive......the xS has 18 inch rims as opposed to 17's....but for the most part its all in the head. the steering ratio is exactly the same
Old 08-16-2010, 12:46 PM
scjconsulting

I did not buy the Xs because of the missing brakes and suspension pieces.

If you live where you really need the X, you will need separate winter tires which should be mouted on their own wheels. Extra expense anyone.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:32 PM
allagaroo

Originally Posted by amroberts8
I was at a dealership today and drove a new 37x sedan. The ride was awesome and I plan to buy one in the next couple of weeks. I was planning on the 37xs which was loaded sitting in the showroom. The one I drove was an x though, without the sport package. I liked the way the sport looked and liked the way the seat felt as well. I did not drive one with the sport seat though. I have heard mixed reviews of the sport seats and it seems to be one of very few complaints which I have heard surrounding this vehicle. Any thoughts on the seats would be greatly appreciated, as would any other insight on what are options that I should buy or have omitted. Thanks!!
I bought the 2010 G37xS primarily because I wanted the 18" Dunlops instead of the Goodyears which is a $500 plus option and figured for another $600 or so I could get the whole sport package. Love the seats, paddle shifters and cosmetics. Had 3 A6's before and am enjoying the G for a lot less money although I loved my Audi's as well.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:35 PM
DigMy35x

Wow, really, no one mentioned the thigh extension on the sport seats? That was one of the main reasons I went xS!

The first time I sat in the xS seats I felt like they were wayyy too tight but I only drove the car for a few minutes. I took another one out for a longer test drive and felt much more comfortable.

I'm not exactly thin but I would say the side bolsters can get annoying on occassion but I do like all of the other sport add-ons to the x.

I love the front end - had an 08 and always felt like it looked a little dopey but the sport front looks aggressive and great on the 10xS.

I also like the paddles shifters - leather and 'magnesium' = cool!

Aluminum pedals - nice touch!

Extra stitching on the steering wheel and seats - another nice touch!

I also like the larger wheels and how they fill the car in a bit more than the 17's.

All in all - if the sport seats were too tight I would have passed. They seemed ok and I don't regret them. I REALLY like the thigh extension though.

One other nice surprise - the passenger has the thigh extender as well. Passengers dig it!

Can't go wrong either way but it's hard to tell what a lot of the differences are with the naked eye. Take your time and search for some pics. Nothing worse than getting one and then seeing the other around and thinking 'darn, I would have gone with the other one if I had known THAT was different!'.

Good luck and let us know your decision.

Jay
Old 08-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Spathic

echoing all the comments in here... G37xS all the way =)
Old 08-17-2010, 09:03 AM
IntegraHellsing

As other posters have mentioned, the difference between the X sedan and xS sedan is purely cosmetic (no performance difference). I drove both when I made my purchase (July 29th), and they perform identically, although the price tags are not identical. I went for the lower cost option.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:20 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IntegraHellsing
As other posters have mentioned, the difference between the X sedan and xS sedan is purely cosmetic (no performance difference). I drove both when I made my purchase (July 29th), and they perform identically, although the price tags are not identical. I went for the lower cost option.
Not just cosmetic. xS has paddles shifters and 18".
Old 08-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FishMeetFish
Not just cosmetic. xS has paddles shifters and 18".
I thought the spring rates were higher for better handling?
Old 08-17-2010, 02:50 PM
DocJohn
G-DOG

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Staples
I thought the spring rates were higher for better handling?
Nope, spring rates are the same in the x and xs sedan.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DocJohn
Nope, spring rates are the same in the x and xs sedan.
Thanks, I misread the thread. It was for the Sedan. For the old RWD Journey and Sports they used different springs.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:59 PM
amroberts8

Thanks!

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">Thanks for all the insight. I think I'm going to buy the G37xs. I think it is the clear choice amongst the sport sedans that I have driven. I drove the BMW 335i x-drive and it is also a great car. I noticed the increased torque that the BMW offered over the Infinity and thought it was a bit tighter of a vehicle. I am a bit skeptical of the potential issues surrounding dual turbo chargers vs. a naturally aspirated vehicle like the Infinity and the equally equipped BMW was over 10,000.00 more - no thanks. The Mercedes C300 is the only one available (of the Cs) with AWD. While it was my favorite in appearance of them all, the performance was what I would consider dismal for a "sport sedan". At less than 230 horsepower, the Mercedes provided a smooth shifting, pleasant ride, but was sluggish and only aggressive when the RPMs were high. Acceleration was pitiful and the steering way too light. I plan to drive the Audi A6 and then make my decision. So far though I have to say that when looking at all aspects, from price to performance and comfort it doesn't even seem close. I find myself wondering how it is that Infinity can offer such an all-star at such a great price? Thanks again for the help - I'll post some pics when I pick up my new car!
Old 08-23-2010, 01:09 PM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my cousin has the C300......and trust me, the difference is night and day between the Benz and the G.........its SO bad...sucks at everything. I honestly want to drive into a wall every time
Old 08-23-2010, 02:50 PM
328HP

Paddle shifters - For those still on the fence
Trust me you need these. I always drive in D mode, I cant control myself in DS mode since the engine is just too busy with high RPMs. The problem comes when overtaking, I always used to wonder why its taking me a bit longer than I would expect to make a pass, then I discovered the shifters. Downshift to 3rd or 4th gear and its AMAZING what you get. I am not the first to say this, I know. The shifter can probably achieve the same I guess but the convenience of being a finger length away beats the arms length of the shifter. However, if not interested in getting all your horses, you will do just fine with the X in D mode.

Quick Reply: 37x or 37xs?