G37 Sedan

Rear-ended

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Mockenrue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel your pain. I was rear-ended and pushed into the car in front also. My damage was far more extensive than yours. They really build these cars well though - despite the entire back end of my car looking like an accordion, it was mostly all body damage. It took 5 weeks in the shop, but you'd never know if you looked at it now.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:22 PM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same thing Happened to me in my Maxima, waiting at a red light I got rear ended by a Dodge Ram 1500 supposedly caused close to 10,000 dollars in damage. The guy who rear ended me had some off brand insurance company and when i called to file a claim with his insurance company i was told to call back later because their wasnt anyone in the office at the time who could speak english. I immediately called my insurance company and filed a claim. They paid for everything except my 1000$ deductible. They then went after his insurance company to recover the money along with my deductible. The accident happened in August07, got my car back in October07, Got my deductible back in December07. Very long process. Good Luck.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:05 PM
ATL-G37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SM_Shadowman-

Sorry to hear about your accident. The same thing happened to me on 7/15/10 (check out my thread and pics in the G Sedan pic section). My car was totaled-out and I just bought it new 4/28/10. I worked thru the entire process myself without a lawyer and i would recommend doing the same unless you run into serious issues with the at fault drivers insurance company.
Make sure that you do not sign any settlement paper work until you are completely satisfied with the repair work to your vehicle and you are 100% sure that you have no personal injury. If you sign anything prior to this, you have no recourse for making sure your car repairs are done to your satisfaction and I would recommend getting checked out by a doctor, just to be sure.
I have State Farm as well and they have been great thru the process.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me as I have been dealing with/researching this on a daily for the last month.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:38 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. So far Nationwide has been pretty easy to deal with except there seems to be a slight holdup because as of yesterday when I spoke with him the claim handler *still* had not spoken with the driver behind me yet. Apparently he's talked to his parents who are the owners of the vehicle and the policy. (And one was with him in the accident.)

So I'm getting a bit impatient. As soon as they get a statement from him it sounds like this thing will be approved and then I will get a rental voucher and can drop it off at D&V. They've looked at the car and have my estimate and have ordered parts. So technically I could drop it off as soon as tomorrow but unfortunately I don't have the go-ahead or a rental voucher yet. They said to shout out a big thanks to the forums here for the recommend by the way!
Old 09-22-2010, 01:04 AM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey folks. Been out from the board for a while while the car was in the shop. Wanted to update, got it back today, looks like a new car again! Nationwide (insurance of the driver behind me) covered everything -- front and back and the car in front of me as well. Got an Impala LT for a rental. Was comfortable and got the job done, but I certainly would never recommend that car to anyone. It's amazing how Nissan can make a 3.7L (and even the 3.5L) engine that completely puts Chevy's 3.5 to shame. The Impala is actually 200 pounds lighter than my G37 sedan but somehow feels about 2000 pounds heavier. But enough on that tangent for now.

Had most of the rear pieces replaced and painted on my G. 2 new mufflers & tips. Front bumper also repainted & repaired.

Special thanks to hoyalawya, ShyTown91, and anyone else I missed who recommended D&V Autobody. I will give a glowing recommendation to that place to any other Infiniti owner who needs body work -- or any other car for that matter. They did excellent work and made sure to keep me up-to-date on everything that was going on with the repairs.

Body work always takes a long time, but with many other places I've been to it seems to be a great hassle of calling a shop to get updates and getting little information in return. D&V, however, called me at least once a week and told me exactly what was happening and how long they expected to go, etc. Also, once I dropped the car off there they dealt with Nationwide directly -- they found some more damage behind the bumper that wasn't included in the initial estimate and had a Nationwide guy come out and assess, write a check, and increase my rental time. Basically I didn't have to do a thing other than answer the phone.

So the car looks new again, the paint matched up nicely, and they even returned it to me detailed inside & out. Certainly was worth a couple longer drives & dealing with a crapton of traffic today to have the job done right.

So I'm glad to have my G back and looking new again!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:37 AM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on getting it fixed properly and welcome back