G37 Sedan

my 2010 G37 Sedan impressions so far

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 09:51 AM
ctufano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my 2010 G37 Sedan impressions so far

All in all I really really really love this car -- I've wanted one for so long.

Finally was in a position to buy, so I started shopping all brands and decided that I would indeed buy a 2010 G37 new off the lot -- cash.

I talked with a dealer, test drove some vehicles, left and spent a few days to think about it.

I then began my price shopping -- and this was the fun/aggrevating part.

I sent out a mass message to all the local Inifiniti dealerships that I wanted to buy a 2010 new G37 sedan, graphite shadow exterior w/ graphite shadow leather w/ maple accents and illuminated kickplates in the Journey model, tech and nav packages.

Some gave me the runaround telling me their best deal was $41,000 out the door.

Needless to say, the original dealer got the sale, after several hours of me sitting at his desk.

Ultimately the deal was this:

- 2004 Nissan Frontier w/ 82,000 miles and two big accidents (neither my fault :P ) and an odometer discrepency (from when I moved from FL to Georgia, they keyed in miles wrong) -- finally gave me $5,000 for the truck (still needed oil change, air fixed, new tires, new rear bumper from damage)
- 0% finance
- $1,000 dealer cash
- 8 year / 100,000 mile warranty ($1,899)
- exact car I wanted (sticker value of $41,200)

I walked off the lot writing a check for $35,000 even. I think that's a pretty good deal -- less than sticker + includes all tax tag and titles

So far, I love my car. My only issues are the following:

- I HATE not being able to use the nav system to its full ability while driving. My garmin lets me, but a $40,000 car wont?
- I hate how theres constant finger prints on the door frames (chrome) as soon as I get it washed
- I wish I got better gas mileage, but I live 2 miles from work, and I catch every red light that is spaced 300' apart, so I'm constantly accelerating (this isnt a biggy really)

Everyone complains about how the car doors dont unlock when you put in park, but when you turn the car off -- I rather like this, personally.

Great car, great price, heck to the yea.

Only other issue, is I tinted my windows to 20% and a cop buddy referred me to the shop that does all the squad cars.. Well, I should have gone somewhere nicer. The tint has dirt and crap in it, and it looks like you're looking at a bacteria sample thru a microscope in a petri dish.

Oh well. Can have that fixed.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:11 AM
LightsOut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
black out the chrome trim

navi can be tricked.. but you wont find info about it here.

awesome price you got.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:18 AM
BLKG37X

Congrats on the new car. Good choice
Old 08-05-2010, 11:18 AM
DocJohn
G-DOG

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats on the new G! Glad to know you're enjoying it.
I have the same complaint about the nav system.
Gas milage should improve a little after 10-15K miles once the engine loosens up a little.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:21 AM
DmfG37sTT

Thats a amazing deal!!! congratz on your new ride and post up some pics when you get a chance.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:24 AM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ctufano
- I hate how theres constant finger prints on the door frames (chrome) as soon as I get it washed
-
I often thought it would be nicer if the door handles were chrome too but then we would have all the fingerprints on the door handles for sure! ive tried to get the wife to put her hand lower on the door where the paint is to shut it. im used to it and put my hand there to shut the door everytime but this has not caught on with her. also forget about it when the kids hop in.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:33 PM
ctufano

Here she is with the windows tinted -- when/if I retint, I'm thinking 15% all around

Only other mods I'm really interested in is maybe changing the fogs to be whiter .. be it HID or just changing bulbs. Dont really want to change too much on it...

Even as much as I hate the nav issues, I dont know if i want to install that hardware workaround.

I love her so much just the way it is
Attached Thumbnails my 2010 G37 Sedan impressions so far-38352_687341475139_12815781_38297607_3212457_n.jpg  
Old 08-05-2010, 01:56 PM
BLKG37X

I think 15% tint all around is too much. In my opinion, everything darker than 35% doesn't look that great on this particular car.
Here's mine with 40% on the doors and 30% on the back window. I think it's just right.
Attached Thumbnails my 2010 G37 Sedan impressions so far-car-tint.jpg   my 2010 G37 Sedan impressions so far-car-tint-2.jpg  
Old 08-05-2010, 02:27 PM
DmfG37sTT

Originally Posted by BLKG37X
I think 15% tint all around is too much. In my opinion, everything darker than 35% doesn't look that great on this particular car.
Here's mine with 40% on the doors and 30% on the back window. I think it's just right.
Your crazy 25% front windsheild 2% all the way around lol

Old 08-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Secret Admire

ctufano congrats, nice choice. About your windows, have u considered doing them at 3M ?? & if u got enough $ then I think you should buy the coupe stocks 19' wheels
Old 08-05-2010, 04:29 PM
BLKG37X

Originally Posted by DmfG37sTT
Your crazy 25% front windsheild 2% all the way around lol
Then why even bother getting tints?? Just paint all the windows with black paint to match the car. I think you'll be able to see inside and out about the same
Old 08-05-2010, 04:59 PM
DmfG37sTT

To be honest its not that bad really. Im young so I have pretty good eyes and the only time I would have a problem is at night and everyone has their lights on so I just look for headlights when im getting over and whatnot.

On the other side of things the law doesnt like it just as much as you dont. They always seem to mess with me about it. I choose to accept the tickets for the looks. $30 ticket each time with my lawyer. I usualy just take him out to lunch and it gets taken care of. I went all out with my car and will probably be the last time I do it.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:06 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
the only time I would have a problem is at night and everyone has their lights on so I just look for headlights when im getting over and what not
The drunk guy crossing the street probably isn't equipped w/ lights though
Just not worth the risk IMO, looks cool but behind bars for 10 yrs for vehicular manslaughter definately wouldn't be cool
Old 08-05-2010, 08:18 PM
rohardi

Originally Posted by blnewt
The drunk guy crossing the street probably isn't equipped w/ lights though
Just not worth the risk IMO, looks cool but behind bars for 10 yrs for vehicular manslaughter definately wouldn't be cool
Agreed. A prosecutor would make mince meat of you (and your lawyer) saying you were negligently operating your vehicle with a tint job that obstructed you vision. Not to mention the civil suit.... much more costly than a few $30 ticket and a few lunches for your lawyer IMHO
Old 08-05-2010, 08:39 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
To be honest its not that bad really. Im young so I have pretty good eyes and the only time I would have a problem is at night and everyone has their lights on so I just look for headlights when im getting over and whatnot.

On the other side of things the law doesnt like it just as much as you dont. They always seem to mess with me about it. I choose to accept the tickets for the looks. $30 ticket each time with my lawyer. I usualy just take him out to lunch and it gets taken care of. I went all out with my car and will probably be the last time I do it.
it really isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to seem. sure, when you bring the "laws of physics" into the picture (as someone mentioned previously), visibility does decrease, but it isn't a marginal amount. is it risky? can you get in trouble for it? yes. up to you. personally, the tint in the front doesn't impair my ability to drive, nor does it influence my common sense (tint itself, i'm sure someone will bring up).

to the OP, i really, really thought the SAME thing as you did; anything too dark doesn't look great on this particular car. either its grown on me, or i was just...wrong

18% all around and 40% in the front. got 18% not to be "cool" (what's up with people these days?) but because it was the most reasonable darkness that came in non-metallic, carbon based.

Without windshield

With windshield

Whoops, and to the OP again, congrats on the car! She's beautiful!

Quick Reply: my 2010 G37 Sedan impressions so far