G37 Sedan

Experience at the dealership PART 2!!! Need more opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 06:59 PM
G-zuss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just picked up my new G and asked them not to put the front plate holder on. When I show up for delivery they had drilled two holes in my bumper. I got them to order me a new bumper under warranty. They should do the same for you.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I hope those of you getting new bumpers are making sure they're OEM. Body shops routinely use "OEM equivalent" parts in cases like these that you may find lacking in quality and fitment. I vote for getting the small holes plugged and going for a repaint in cases like this.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Nilsen9491

I think the absolute best first step is to write them a letter, with some printed photos or even a thumbdrive with photos, delivered certified mail, requesting a response within 30 days. By virtue of attempting the repair, they have accepted responsibility for the repair. And what you have is a crap repair. If they fail to respong, you can always file a complaint with the BBB. Any photo documentation you have that would help a judge rule in your favor would do the same with the BBB. I think this would be a good first step. If the issue escalates into the latter stages with the BBB and you don't want to accept their mediation procedure, then go full on legal I suppose. The BBB can often resolve issues within a month whereas the legal route may take longer, and be a bigger pain in the butt....and it's a heck of a lot less permanent than the BBB's decision.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Lords47

How'd you make out going back, Rohardi????
Old 08-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Secret Admire

If I were you , I'd not be Satisfied unless they changed the bumper
Old 08-04-2010, 01:14 PM
rohardi

OK so i just droped my car off, and when I droped it off my service advisor said "I saw it before you picked it up last time, and I couldn't belive they let it go out looking like that" then the Servive manager said he really didnt see what I was talking about and that the Whole bumper was Painted last time (it clearly was not a whole repaint). I responded "well if that's what a full repaint of the bumper looks like, I want a new bumper" I dropped it off and he said they will see what they can do and give me a call... anything short of a full repaint of the bumper will be un accptable in my opinion... When my service advisor is making statements like "I saw it before you picked it up last time, and I couldn't belive they let it go out looking like that" you know you ****ed up (for a second time now)
Old 08-04-2010, 01:22 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by rohardi
OK so i just droped my car off, and when I droped it off my service advisor said "I saw it before you picked it up last time, and I couldn't belive they let it go out looking like that" then the Servive manager said he really didnt see what I was talking about and that the Whole bumper was Painted last time (it clearly was not a whole repaint). I responded "well if that's what a full repaint of the bumper looks like, I want a new bumper" I dropped it off and he said they will see what they can do and give me a call... anything short of a full repaint of the bumper will be un accptable in my opinion... When my service advisor is making statements like "I saw it before you picked it up last time, and I couldn't belive they let it go out looking like that" you know you ****ed up (for a second time now)
I'm guessing the service manager gets some sort of bonus or compensation when there's issues like yours that they can "sweep under the rug" and deny or reduce the claim. Not sure how the auto service sector works but I'm sure there's incentives in place for them to behave that way. At least you've got the service advisor in your corner in case you have to take the claim even higher. Good luck, hope they make things right this time so you can truly have the "new car experience".
Old 08-04-2010, 06:01 PM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Warp37
I'd consider demanding they replace the whole bumper and grill assembly with a NEW one, not a repaired one.
I'd be tempted to start with requesting a whole new car...
Old 08-04-2010, 09:21 PM
G-zuss

F that! I wouldn't accept them painting anything! You deserve a new bumper. End of story. You should be dealing with the General Manager.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:59 AM
DocJohn
G-DOG

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G-zuss
F that! I wouldn't accept them painting anything! You deserve a new bumper. End of story. You should be dealing with the General Manager.
I totally agree! Tell them you want a new bumper and don't settle for a re-painted bumper with patched-up holes.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:53 PM
rohardi

Well I got the car back and I must say It looks good as new. They said it just needed to be buffed out properly. I think they probaly had to wet sand it a little to smooth out some areas. But all and all, I can't see where the work was done and it looks brand new and that's what maters to me. So I told the dealership that It looks good now, BUT If it some how fades or doesnt stand the test of time I'll be back.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Lords47

Glad to hear it, and glad you're satisfied. They do have a top notch detailer/reconditioning facility at Inskip. They are the only people I'd trust to wax a black car besides myself.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:02 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Nice to hear that they took care of you, they didn't mess up the "new-car smell" did they? You pay an extra 2k for that
Old 08-05-2010, 03:35 PM
rohardi

still smells New to me! I need to get some tint and maybe a few mods (injen CAI and FI catback in the next few months)
Old 08-05-2010, 03:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well I got the car back and I must say It looks good as new. They said it just needed to be buffed out properly. I think they probaly had to wet sand it a little to smooth out some areas. But all and all, I can't see where the work was done and it looks brand new and that's what maters to me. So I told the dealership that It looks good now, BUT If it some how fades or doesnt stand the test of time I'll be back.
They wetsanded and leveled the paint. Do yourself a favor and wipe down the bumper a few times with isopropyl alcohol to remove any heavy glazes/sealants that they might have applied. That way you can see what the paint really looks like under there. It might be swirled pretty badly depending on how much experience they have with a buffer.

Otherwise, you might be surprised in a few weeks when the glaze wears off after a wash or two.

Quick Reply: Experience at the dealership PART 2!!! Need more opinions