G37 Sedan

Audi Convert

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 07:37 AM
DigMy35x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the ride!! I looked at the Audi for about 2 seconds and realized I didn't like the interior all that much (I used to think the Audi interiors were one of the best but they are starting to look a little old and the straight lines don't give the cockpit feel).

I'm on my third Infiniti and just hit my 1200 miles so I can finally drive it like I stole it

Enjoy the buggy and make sure to search a lot on the site. Many new Infiniti folks have questions that are asked and answered many times over and you might find more info on this site than you will in the manual. Lots of helpful people on here.

Jay
Old 08-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Secret Admire

are all the north american G37's front-end look like that ??? cause mine looks deferent
Old 08-04-2010, 11:28 AM
KLB

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
Wow, thats pretty but I'd be hard-pressed to pick the G over an S4 (all things being equal)....
The point is all things are not equal. And I am guessing you mean if the price was the same. With that logic, I would take a Porsche Panamera.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:59 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I meant that because he was looking at them he seems to have the means to get an S4 if he had wanted....
Old 08-04-2010, 12:34 PM
allagaroo

Originally Posted by Secret Admire
are all the north american G37's front-end look like that ??? cause mine looks deferent
2010 xS and S front fascias are slightly different from others. You can usually see them side by side in the dealers lot. There are probably some pix in this forum if I recall.
J
Old 08-04-2010, 12:42 PM
allagaroo

Originally Posted by CTG37XS
With my head firmly stuck up my a$$ I was always a fan of German cars. I owned a 2004 Aud A4 3.0 6MT which I had to get rid of two years ago when I started a new job with a company provided 2008 Ford Taurus. After “sailing” around the Northeast in my land yacht for 2 years I was finally able to pick out my own car this week. Another new job = new car. I test drove the usual suspects (Audi S4, Audi A4 2.0T, BMW 335xi, MB C300) and only stopped in to the Infiniti dealership after reading some of the posts on this forum. I was blown away by the G37. Decided on a 2010 G37XS (Blue Slate) which I am picking up in a few hours.<O</O
<O</O

Can’t wait to start getting some more research done and build my tuner checklist. Great info on this site….you guys convinced me to give the G a shot and the car did the rest. Considering the price ($37,800 + tax and title), I am still kicking myself for not looking at the G earlier. <O</O
I had 3 A6's before the G and loved them(2000,2003, 2007). I primarily bought the G to bring my monthly payments down since Audi lease was getting insane. I have really learned to enjoy the G. It doesn't have the luxurious ride of the A6 and the 2010 has a supercharged 300HP engine but the G has great acceleration and handling. The technology for the most part is better in the G. I do not regret my decision. Do miss my heated steering wheel though (in the Winter).
Old 08-04-2010, 12:44 PM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The car is gorgeous. i like the kid with the bb gun analogy. I was thinking the same as you a few months ago about break in. you will find some good threads related to that on here. some people ignore breakin without problems and some stick with it because thats what the book says. i was careful but of course i had to go over 4k here and there. how could you not unless your a chick??
Old 08-04-2010, 08:01 PM
SCWells72

My previous car was a 2004 Audi S4 6MT which I traded against my 2010 G37S 6MT sedan about five months ago when its extended warranty was close to running out. I also looked pretty hard at the 2010 S4 6MT which I really liked, and as someone said above, all things being equal I would've gone with the S4. However, all things are not equal, in particular the price when these two cars are similarly equipped!

As I pointed out on a thread when I was trying to make my decision, the price difference between the two was pretty large and, while the S4 is faster and has a bit higher level of refinement across the board, the G37S offers unparalleled bang-for-the-buck. Considering that my wife is delivering our twins tomorrow, saving $15K-20K on a car without losing much in performance, handling, and features was a no-brainer! The G is also a really nice looking car inside and out.

Overall I'm really happy with my decision and continue to be impressed with what you get for the $$ with this car.

Last edited by SCWells72; 08-04-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:36 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by SCWells72
My previous car was a 2004 Audi S4 6MT which I traded against my 2010 G37S 6MT sedan about five months ago when its extended warranty was close to running out. I also looked pretty hard at the 2010 S4 6MT which I really liked, and as someone said above, all things being equals I would've gone with the S4. However, all things are not equal, in particular the price when these two cars are similarly equipped!

As I pointed out on a thread when I was trying to make my decision, the price difference between the two was pretty large and, while the S4 is faster and has a bit higher level of refinement across the board, the G37S offers unparalleled bang-for-the-buck. Considering that my wife is delivering our twins tomorrow, saving $15K-20K on a car without losing much in performance, handling, and features was a no-brainer! The G is also a really nice looking car inside and out.

Overall I'm really happy with my decision and continue to be impressed with what you get for the $$ with this car.
Wow, congrats on your new arrivals, sounds like you're happy w/ your decision. Nothing wrong w/ getting more for your money these days, and the saving keeps continuing when you factor in reliability & maintanance costs.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:31 PM
ijahman

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Good choice my fellow resident of CT I also came from a Audi A6 4.2, at time you will miss some of the low end grunt of the 4.2 V8...Also i dont miss the 8 quart, $200 oil changes...The G was always my rental car of choice and now I own one and its a joy to drive and has a very striking pose from any angle. I will begin to mod my G next month, I ordered the FI exhaust(4 to 6 week wait so order now) with HFC, BC Coilovers (also two week wait), I have the JDM Tails, Roof spoiler, JDM Side blinkers...now I just need a set of wheels and I will be all set. Hopefully a month from now it will be sitting the way a G should