G37 Sedan

Expeience at dealership trying to pick up my G37XS.. Need opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 09:27 PM
dreamcarc6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 15951
Those wheels you have are staggered, which means you can't rotate the tires. I'll say it again - your dealer sucks.

That said, the car looks great, and I know you'll love it! Congrats.
Can't you move tires from one side to the other? I suppose that counts as rotating.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:19 PM
rohardi

Those wheels you have are staggered, which means you can't rotate the tires. I'll say it again - your dealer sucks.

It's an X so the wheels aren't Staggered
Old 07-17-2010, 12:29 AM
NonAme

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
more pics!!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:16 AM
needsoju
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by NonAme
more pics!!
I mean.. OP has not even modded or tinted. Haven't you seen enough of 10 G37XS already.. LOL.

What is so special about this car? Only thing special is free oil change for a year with tire rotation. Also when you get oil change demand that you get Ester oil..
Old 07-17-2010, 07:29 AM
rohardi

I'll defiantly be demanding ester oil! I ordered some bumper plugs so I can get rid of the goofy front plate bracket. Once they come in, I'll get some good pics!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:33 AM
LINY_Rob

Yeah - unless you have a G37xS - you can't rotate the tires! Until I saw that you already had the car - I would have said cancel the deal and find a new dealer. I'll say it too - your dealer sucks. Nothing burns me more than just straight-up crappy customer service. My dealer would NEVER have done this. Without any hassle, my dealer gave me free oil changes and tire rotations, too - just so you know!

However, I think the black grill with the Blue Slate looks really really good. Congrats, and happy and safe motoring! Enjoy the car!!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:40 AM
DigMy35x

Uh, Oh - staggered wheels on an X-AWD?!?!?!?!

I hope not! Reg RWD is staggered with Sport package but AWD can't be or you'd have problems. If those are staggered that would bother me a lot more than a couple of extra miles on the car

Looks great - enjoy it!

Jay
Old 07-17-2010, 12:54 PM
LINY_Rob

Originally Posted by DigMy35x
Uh, Oh - staggered wheels on an X-AWD?!?!?!?!

I hope not! Reg RWD is staggered with Sport package but AWD can't be or you'd have problems. If those are staggered that would bother me a lot more than a couple of extra miles on the car

Looks great - enjoy it!

Jay

Didn't realize you got an X - you're fine. The wheel & tire combo on the X Sport is not staggered. The wheel/tire size on the RWD Sport is.

OOps!
Old 07-17-2010, 04:26 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by LINY_Rob
Yeah - unless you have a G37xS - you can't rotate the tires! Until I saw that you already had the car - I would have said cancel the deal and find a new dealer. I'll say it too - your dealer sucks. Nothing burns me more than just straight-up crappy customer service. My dealer would NEVER have done this. Without any hassle, my dealer gave me free oil changes and tire rotations, too - just so you know!

However, I think the black grill with the Blue Slate looks really really good. Congrats, and happy and safe motoring! Enjoy the car!!
People are pretty quick to say this particular dealer sucks, there's nothing IMO that stands out as really bad dealings. I've had MUCH MUCH worse dealings over the years. Bait&switch tactics, extras added to the deal that weren't authorized, long, drawn out negotiations just to get you to cave in, putting you on the very back burner for warranty work, trying to low-ball a trade after commiting to a previous price etc. I don't stand for it and have had numerous heated car-buying deals, all which were worse than the OP went through (unless I missed something)
I've also had many painless car deals, luckily a majority of the time.

Sounds like this is a smaller dealer that possibly doesn't have a very full staff & probably sells alot fewer cars than the big-boys.

The fact that they completed the deal for the set price on the day he needed seems like it wasn't really too painful. The check situation wasn't unreasonable, but could have been explained to the OP better up front.

Glad you got the car you wanted, and hopefully the dealer was just a bit understaffed or overwhlmed rather than one that sucks
Old 07-17-2010, 04:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rohardi
It's an X so the wheels aren't Staggered
Thanks for the correction. I saw the design of the wheel, and assumed it was the same staggered setup as mine. That's odd that Infiniti offers the same wheel design in a non-staggered fitment. Are you sure?
Old 07-17-2010, 05:30 PM
rohardi

Thanks for the correction. I saw the design of the wheel, and assumed it was the same staggered setup as mine. That's odd that Infiniti offers the same wheel design in a non-staggered fitment. Are you sure?

Yes, the G37XS is NOT staggered as staggered wheels on the X would be a no no
Old 07-17-2010, 09:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rohardi
Yes, the G37XS is NOT staggered as staggered wheels on the X would be a no no
Understood - when I saw the wheels, I thought they were the OEM staggered setup, and I assumed you didn't go with an X.

My mistake. Enjoy the car!