G37 Sedan

questions about 15K service for g37s

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 12:44 PM
jtla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BillPaul
The best bet is probably to find a private company that works hard to keep customers happy and pays good salaries to get & keep the best trained technicians. This will therefore not be the cheapest place to take your car. I have one nearby that we rely on. Turns out they don't provide service on weekends. I asked the owner why. He responded that he tries to get the best technicians, and one way is to give them weekends free.
Totally agreed! I used to go to an auto shop who is specialized in Nissan cars when I owned a '95 Maxima. When I called them up two months ago to do the 1st oil change for my G37, the owner said "sorry, we only service up to G35." I was like "c'mon, it is an oil change. How much differene could there be between G35 and G37 motors?" But it also showed that the shop take any job seriouly and I respect that. Hope they will be ready for G37 before my next oil change.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:13 PM
BillPaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ak1
And how to find such company? I moved to a new area recently, do not know much about local businesses
Word of mouth and experience are helpful, so there is some trial & error. Also, avoid the big service chains. A mom & pop operation that has been in business for a long time is often a good choice.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:08 PM
xixonmn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ak1
And how to find such company? I moved to a new area recently, do not know much about local businesses
Look on Yelp.com
Old 07-11-2010, 11:04 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ak1
Yeah, that's always a tough one. Ask neighbors and co-workers to start with. Real face-to-face word-of-mouth recommendations are better than anything else when it comes to those things. Or something like yelp, as mentioned above. Unfortunately I've found Internet research to be only mildly helpful when it comes to local auto repair shops.

I just change my own oil & filters and will probably take it to the dealer for the bigger items. Although not sure about when it comes time for brakes, might just buy some pads and take them to a local mechanic, or a tuner shop.