G37 Sedan

Haters at work in PA- Keyed my door

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 02:47 AM
SnoopSER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jnguyen
this is a clear sign of gang work. They were tagging their set to show the new guy in town who territory it is.

Sorry to see this happen to your car though.
I agree, & I've had it happen to me! It sux, good luck with the fix<(make u want to do this!)
Old 07-09-2010, 08:11 AM
hufington

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TinsleyC
Ugh. That's awful. It's at the right height where it looks like they stood with their back to the car and scratched it with their hand, either down by their side or behind their butt.

Exactly my thoughts!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:12 AM
hufington

Originally Posted by BLKG37X
That doesn't look great, but could've been worse. Should not cost more than $700.
But look at the bright side, now you have an excuse to tell your wife to not visit the in-laws

lol
Old 07-09-2010, 09:11 AM
use2vw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Coulda used some of that "self healing clear coat"...good luck
Old 07-09-2010, 09:27 AM
deutsch

Originally Posted by use2vw
Coulda used some of that "self healing clear coat"...good luck

Where can you find that?
Old 07-09-2010, 09:30 AM
hufington

Originally Posted by SnoopSER
I agree, & I've had it happen to me! It sux, good luck with the fix<(make u want to do this!)

It definitely does and it might have happened had they come the next night again!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 02:12 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I've had three differenent cars keyed (none of my Gs though), it's always when it's very clean and surprizingly during the day. There's lots of lowlifes around here that have the mindset "since I'm a piece of chit and will never work hard enough to buy something this nice I might as well trash theirs". Sucks man, hopefully it won't set you back too much.

I have my "intown truck" that I use when going to the mall or seeing a movie, it's just not worth it to park it at the mall and come out seeing something like you've gone through. Damn, some people just need to die
Old 07-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Eastern-G

That sucks man. Where in PA do you work? Is it in a douchebag infested area? Definitely doesn't look accidental to me. I agree that it looks more like someone's creative initials or markings (funky asian lettering?). It would have taken too many thoughtful scrapes to be random. Perhaps you unknowingly brushed a coworker or some local yokel the wrong way? Or your theory about it being one of the few foreign cars in the area - someone bitter about the economy maybe?

I haven't had anyone intentionally key my G yet (knock on wood), but last year some 8 yr old neighbor was throwing rocks all over the place, including at people's cars, for fun. Unforunately, the rocks were more like small landscaping boulders - my M35x had several large dents along the sides and bottom (he proudly admitted that he even threw some rocks that bounced off the ground and "made noise" under my car). I felt like I got off easy since my neighbor's M3 was also dented. Pissed about the situation (had to drive a beaten up Chrylser Sebring loaner for a week!) but at least the kid fessed up and his mom paid for the damage.

I guess if you get it fixed and it happens again we'll know whether it was truly random or not. Good luck with the repairs and hope you don't encounter this twice.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:51 PM
hufington

Originally Posted by Eastern-G
That sucks man. Where in PA do you work? Is it in a douchebag infested area? Definitely doesn't look accidental to me. I agree that it looks more like someone's creative initials or markings (funky asian lettering?). It would have taken too many thoughtful scrapes to be random. Perhaps you unknowingly brushed a coworker or some local yokel the wrong way? Or your theory about it being one of the few foreign cars in the area - someone bitter about the economy maybe?

I haven't had anyone intentionally key my G yet (knock on wood), but last year some 8 yr old neighbor was throwing rocks all over the place, including at people's cars, for fun. Unforunately, the rocks were more like small landscaping boulders - my M35x had several large dents along the sides and bottom (he proudly admitted that he even threw some rocks that bounced off the ground and "made noise" under my car). I felt like I got off easy since my neighbor's M3 was also dented. Pissed about the situation (had to drive a beaten up Chrylser Sebring loaner for a week!) but at least the kid fessed up and his mom paid for the damage.

I guess if you get it fixed and it happens again we'll know whether it was truly random or not. Good luck with the repairs and hope you don't encounter this twice.
I don't even live there. I live in NJ and work in Manhattan so I don't know anyone there. I guess the color and cleanliness of the car has attracted someone. I can't think of any other reason but then again I am not a hater and I know the value of things that you can purchase after loooong hard work! So I cannot relate myself to the mindset of the f**khead who has done this. My previous G (35) stayed with me for 2 years and had no scratches, dents, chips whatsoever on it. Even the inspector who checked the car before turning it in said that he hasn;t seen such a clean car in his 11 years of inspection work.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:02 PM
indycase

Originally Posted by test007
Scratch marks looks like Chinese. What do u think?
It's not Chinese, and why would Chinese purposely scratch a Japanese car? in PA? Most Chinese in North America drive Japanese! LOL
Old 07-09-2010, 10:18 PM
rokuss

Originally Posted by indycase
It's not Chinese, and why would Chinese purposely scratch a Japanese car? in PA? Most Chinese in North America drive Japanese! LOL
Maybe its egyptian? Just kidding, it isn't any character in any language.

That can easily be fixed and shouldn't be expensive. I've seen a DIY on how to fix that yourself with some oem touch up paint and automotive grade sanding blocks by wetsanding it. Those scratches don't look very deep from the pics but I can be wrong. Damn those haters.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:30 PM
needsoju
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by indycase

Dude, I said scratch looks like Chinese character, never said Chinese person.
Haha.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:42 AM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That sucks and I feel your pain but unless you have a 7.7 litter engine I would take badge off.

Maybe the person was a rice hater and the G77x badge made your car a little ricey. Sorry but I really hate that badge, but I do feel your pain for the scratch.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:38 AM
hufington

Originally Posted by gugarci
That sucks and I feel your pain but unless you have a 7.7 litter engine I would take badge off.

Maybe the person was a rice hater and the G77x badge made your car a little ricey. Sorry but I really hate that badge, but I do feel your pain for the scratch.
Thanks but I don't think it is rice. It is something personal (look above and you'll see). I don't think the hillbillies there would know the difference between G37x and G77x and I definitely don't think that it is the reason why someone scratches a car's door. The badge will stay until the day of the lease return.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by hufington
Thanks but I don't think it is rice. It is something personal (look above and you'll see). I don't think the hillbillies there would know the difference between G37x and G77x and I definitely don't think that it is the reason why someone scratches a car's door. The badge will stay until the day of the lease return.
Well, it sounds like at least one of the "hillbillies" knew the difference. I do understand the previous poster's point. The 37 denotes engine displacement, and things like this get an eye roll from anyone with a clue.

Quick Reply: Haters at work in PA- Keyed my door