G37 Sedan

There is hope for every X....

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 02:44 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Morrissey
Wil these coilovers fit the 2010? I email vendors and they ignore me, so I guess not.
The BCs will fit the 2010s. Yessir!

OP, if you're still around... what's the offset on your wheels?

I've got some Nismo A34s (19x8.5/35), and I've been going back and forth re: BC coilovers or Swift springs (when they become available). I really don't want to have to get spacers.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Morrissey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by efuseakay
The BCs will fit the 2010s. Yessir!
i have a 2010 G37X sedan

i can't find anything that confirms that it works, can someone post a link,
here is one vendor

2009+ Infiniti G37 Sedan BC Racing Coilovers (BR Series) Sport Compact Auto & Import Performance Superstore
Old 03-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
i have a 2010 G37X sedan

here is one vendor

2009+ Infiniti G37 Sedan BC Racing Coilovers (BR Series) Sport Compact Auto & Import Performance Superstore
Morrisey, I thought of you when I read this thread. ...I'm thinking that coilovers would be OK on the X because you can adjust them individually. AKA make the car even by adjustment whereas you have to worry about springs being uneven or model specific.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Morrissey

Originally Posted by Ibanez540r
Morrisey, I thought of you when I read this thread. ...I'm thinking that coilovers would be OK on the X because you can adjust them individually. AKA make the car even by adjustment whereas you have to worry about springs being uneven or model specific.
thx for looking out.

I had CO on my Audi. I prefer them b/c I don't like slamming cars. So I would have it a bit higher than the OP. His rear looks pretty low and especially when compared with the front.

OP sorry for 'gettin' in on your thread.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:08 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

i have a 2010 G37X sedan

here is one vendor

I have a 2010 xS sedan myself. These will work just fine. Give BC a call. That's the best way to assure yourself.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:46 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

Old 04-12-2011, 07:23 PM
foma

A video of a G37X SEDAN dropped. BC Racing coils....

YouTube - Infiniti 2010 G37X SEDAN Dropped: HOPE for the "X"
Old 04-12-2011, 08:54 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
looks great
Old 04-12-2011, 09:35 PM
cdso

What wheels are those in the vid? They look great on the sedan.

Aren't people who have the BCs having issues? I thought I saw a thread somewhere.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:13 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cdso
What wheels are those in the vid? They look great on the sedan.

Aren't people who have the BCs having issues? I thought I saw a thread somewhere.
I think those are the 370z Rays wheels.

There were issues early on, but they've got pretty much everything worked out.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:14 AM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rehtea
Looks nice, but doesn't lowering the car defeats the whole purpose of AWD practicality to go to biking trails or ski slopes..
I never understood why AWD versions of cars (in general) sit higher than the non-AWD version of the same car. It's not like people are going offroad in them or anything, so why the extra ground clearance (and resulting fender well gap)??? Looks terrible to me.

BMW is also guilty of this on their AWD cars. Somehow Audi manages to build AWD vehicles that don't have a lifted 4x4 look to them. If Audi can do it, so can everyone else.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Morrissey

Originally Posted by MSCA
I never understood why AWD versions of cars (in general) sit higher than the non-AWD version of the same car. It's not like people are going offroad in them or anything, so why the extra ground clearance (and resulting fender well gap)??? Looks terrible to me.

BMW is also guilty of this on their AWD cars. Somehow Audi manages to build AWD vehicles that don't have a lifted 4x4 look to them. If Audi can do it, so can everyone else.
I agree 100%.

Audi for one, most of their cars sit WAY TOO HIGH. I owned one. I had to do coilovers. Volvo. et al.

The enemy. BMW. Their rwd cars sit SOOOO nicely. The ultimate driving machine. Well no wonder. They have a proper suspension set up. Their awd, yes they sit a bit taller, but they don't sit as tall as a G37X which looks like a Grand Cherokee.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:15 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
I agree 100%.

Audi for one, most of their cars sit WAY TOO HIGH. I owned one. I had to do coilovers. Volvo. et al.

The enemy. BMW. Their rwd cars sit SOOOO nicely. The ultimate driving machine. Well no wonder. They have a proper suspension set up. Their awd, yes they sit a bit taller, but they don't sit as tall as a G37X which looks like a Grand Cherokee.

Agreed 1000% Sat next to a new M3 yesterday and wondered why I was like 3 ft taller,, LOL They look so nice factory dropped like that. Even the 335 sits nice.. The X stands for off roading for us... AHHAHA
Old 04-13-2011, 01:05 PM
MSCA
Banned

I agree 100%.

I love the stance of most Audi cars. Take the A5 (Sport package only) or S5 for example...to me, it is perfect. Not too high and not too low.

BMW is hit or miss. Some of their models look fine, but others look a bit too low if they are RWD with the Sport or ///M packages. And their AWD models all look too high for my taste.

I like the way my G37 sits in the rear, but the front should be a bit lower. My old M3 has the same problem where the back end was nice and tight and there was more gap in the front end.

I guess it all comes down to personal preferences. I don't like too high or too low. Too high just looks completely lame to me and too low not only makes for a horrible ride, but just give the car a "down in the weeds" look that I don't like.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:09 PM
MSCA
Banned

Here's a stock A5 with the 19" S-line Sport package. To me, the car sits perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails There is hope for every X....-quartzgrays-line.jpg  

Quick Reply: There is hope for every X....