G37 Sedan

New 2010GxS - Graphite Shadow / Graphite / Wood Pics & Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 08:03 AM
DigMy35x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2010GxS - Graphite Shadow / Graphite / Wood Pics & Impressions

Ok, so I tried to make the title as descriptive as possible for people searching.

I think (well I know) I got a rather rare duck.

Just replaced my 2008 Gx with the 2010 GxS. Had a lot of trouble finding a sport with the wood and tech packages.

Ended up with a great experience and, what I believe is a great deal. Ended up with:

2010 Gxs Graphite Shadow/Graphite/Premium/Sport/Nav/TECH/Wood/Mats,FirstAid & cargo net

Got it for $300 under invoice (not too bad but it gets better). I also was able to get them to buy my lease from me as a separate trade after this deal was done. I owed about $1000 on the remaining lease payments and would have needed to put about $1000 into repairs to get it ready for lease turn-in. The trade was NOT part of the deal (i.e. not rolled into the new lease). We just did that to get the deal to work.

That was probably the easiest way to do it for them too but I have to tell you - regular trade would have been in the $25,000 to $26,000 range by all acounts and they bought it from me for $29,800!!! Again, I didn't make any money on the trade toward cap cost reduction or anything but I got rid of $1000 in payments and about $1000 in repairs and the headaches that went along with that. Their retail on similar cars at their location and a few other in town is about $32,500 so they don't have a lot of room for profit there once someone starts to negotiate with them so I was happy they offered to do this. If they only paid off the remaining 2 lease payments I would have still had to do the repairs so it worked out awesomely!

My payment is about:
$419 base
$ 38 Tax
$457 total

Out of pocket - about $1500 (1st pymt, bank fee, tax, tags, etc).
This includes the $1000 loyalty credit towards cap cost reduction from Infintini.

All in all I can't complain. I feel like I got a killer deal, had a great transaction (2nd one with this dealership) and love the car so far! Again, there was a bit of a wait and I was sweating it since I wasn't sure we were going to get it by end of June and this really is a great time to lease (money factor went wayyyy down to .000142 for this 39 month lease).

Impresssions:
Ok compared to the 08- enough tweaks to not make me tired to drive this car for the next 3+ years. Love the handling, still getting used to the 7 speed 'hunting' for gears. Gotta get used to that but I'm breakin her in.

I had trouble identifying just what differences the Sport package added to the outside look of the car, specifically for the AWD x Sport package. I will try to add some pics so people can see and then compare that with all of the other pics they find. Here's what I found:
- Front end - nice crease accent on the swoop down to, and through the bumper between the headlights and the grill . Three 'levels' on the intake instead of 2. Added accents around the fog lights (more 'complex' if you will). Now that you know of it - take this pic and compare it to a non-sport and you'll see what I mean.
- Headlights - Not 100% sure of the difference here but I'll take a look to see. I've seen comparo pics side by side on these boards and couldn't tell the difference so maybe it's just me. either way - I like em!
- Side sills - just a little more detail on the side sills.
-Interior - Paddle shifters, driver side thigh extender. Nice find - the passenger seat has the thigh extender as well! Didn't know that was in the package.
- Like the 'aluminum' pedals too

Really like the glossier wood trim. Nice upgrade. Seat heater dials add a nice touch.

Center console - thanks to a post on a thread somewhere, I was told they don't have the little iPod tray standard on the 2010's so I accidentally threw that in my bag when I was moving everything over from my 08 and it fits perfectly! Not sure how I feel about the side 'dent' for the cable pass through but I'll have to see.

Cup holders feel a little bigger.

More glare from the wood and chrome trim on top of the NAV (same as 08 but also the trim around the gear shifter) but it was an extremely sunny day yesterday so I'll see over time.

Rain sensor is a new addition behind the rearview mirror. Interested to see how effective they are - had em on a Volvo and didnt' like them very much. I prefer delay wipers but maybe the technology has improved. . .

Rearview Monitor picture is definitely not as clear as on my 08. I think the resolution is higher and the camera is still just a crappy fish eye so it's probably like looking at standard def on an HD TV - just reveals the flaws. Anyway - I'm not trying to read a book back there so I think I'll be just fine

Like the sonar on the rear bumper but I'm not sure how usefuly it is with the rearview monitor. Would have liked to have it on the front bumper though!

Definitely have to press the brake harder to get the shift interlock to release. Read that elsewhere so I was prepared for that too.

Love that they kept almost all of the Nav user interface the same but upgraded the look via higher definition on the screen. Was able to jump in, set it and get working right away. The only thing I noticed were a few more menu options that took away some efficiency for me. For example, when I would speak a phone number on my 08 and the system would repeat it back to confirm, I could just press the 'enter' button on the steering wheel and it would dial so I wouldn't have to listen to the whole repeat. On the 2010 there are add'l menu items on the screen so when I press 'enter' during the system repeating the numbers it selects a 'help' menu option or something like that. Not a big deal but caught me by surprise.

So far - VERY happy!!! The car is almost identical, with more equipment, and I'm saving almost $45 per month. Can't complain.

Some of the pics aren't great quality - all cell pics but I hope they help some folks see some of the differences on the x Sport package.

Thanks to everyone for your help and posts. I've learned a lot and it helped me prep for my purchase. Looking forward to giving back.

I'll try to add some interior shots in the next post.

Jay
Attached Thumbnails New 2010GxS - Graphite Shadow / Graphite / Wood Pics & Impressions-img00150-20100626-1252-161-comp.jpg   New 2010GxS - Graphite Shadow / Graphite / Wood Pics & Impressions-img00151-20100626-1253-comp.jpg   New 2010GxS - Graphite Shadow / Graphite / Wood Pics & Impressions-img00152-20100626-1253-comp.jpg   New 2010GxS - Graphite Shadow / Graphite / Wood Pics & Impressions-img00153-20100626-1253-1-comp.jpg   New 2010GxS - Graphite Shadow / Graphite / Wood Pics & Impressions-img00163-20100626-1900-11-comnp.jpg  

Last edited by DigMy35x; 06-27-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:11 AM
DigMy35x

Here are some grainy interior pics - sorry again - only had my BB on me and wanted to get some shots as clean as possible.

Tried to get some of the differences in Sport (i.e. PASSENGER thigh extender!), rain sensor behind rear mirror. Also wanted to get the pics of the wood with sport and the tech package.

I also put in a pic of the tray that 'accidentally' made it's way from my 08 for the center console.

Thanks again!

Jay
Attached Thumbnails New 2010GxS - Graphite Shadow / Graphite / Wood Pics & Impressions-img00163-20100626-1900-11-comnp.jpg   New 2010GxS - Graphite Shadow / Graphite / Wood Pics & Impressions-img00164-20100626-1900-comp.jpg   New 2010GxS - Graphite Shadow / Graphite / Wood Pics & Impressions-img00166-20100626-1901-14-comp.jpg   New 2010GxS - Graphite Shadow / Graphite / Wood Pics & Impressions-img00167-20100626-1901-15-comp.jpg  

Last edited by DigMy35x; 06-27-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:40 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Congrats on your sweet new G, sounds like you made a great deal to upgrade to a 2010 and also save some on your monthy payment. Nice pics too!
Old 06-27-2010, 01:15 PM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats on the G, graphite shadow is a really nice color.

the sport package adds a lot of nice features...i love the thigh extenders and tightening seats.

The wood is really classy!
Old 06-27-2010, 11:00 PM
BLKG37X

Very nice car, and a good deal.
Congrats
Old 06-28-2010, 06:15 AM
07CA6MT

Congrats on the new ride.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:46 AM
DigMy35x

Thanks guys! So far she's been great.

Only bad thing - got her on Saturday and spent the whole day on Sunday taking my wife's car to the shop for body work so I didn't get to drive her!

Looking forward the my short commute to work today. Can't wait to get behind the wheel again.

It's nice to be excited about a car

Jay
Old 06-28-2010, 09:32 AM
BLKG37X

Originally Posted by DigMy35x
Thanks guys! So far she's been great.

Only bad thing - got her on Saturday and spent the whole day on Sunday taking my wife's car to the shop for body work so I didn't get to drive her!

Looking forward the my short commute to work today. Can't wait to get behind the wheel again.

It's nice to be excited about a car

Jay
Make sure to take the car on a twisty road, put it in DS or manual, and enjoy

Btw, it's good that you held out for the wood, it looks nicer.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:36 AM
DigMy35x

Originally Posted by BLKG37X
Make sure to take the car on a twisty road, put it in DS or manual, and enjoy

Btw, it's good that you held out for the wood, it looks nicer.

Thanks! I agree. I like the aluminum look but I love the wood. They really upgraded it in my opinion. We'll have to see how it does with sun reflections though. My wife's previous Lexus used to get some pretty bad glare with the glossy wood but I think it will be worth that minor inconvenience

So far, the feel is a little tighter than my 08 (which I like!) but I'm not sure how much of that is the 18" wheels or what. I also think I need to check the tire pressure. I've been seeing lots of posts where the dealers left the psi in the 40's (shipping pressure I guess) and not reducing them to spec.

Jay
Old 06-29-2010, 04:18 PM
indycase

Ok, so I tried to make the title as descriptive as possible for people searching.

Just replaced my 2008 Gx with the 2010 GxS. Had a lot of trouble finding a sport with the wood and tech packages.

Ended up with a great experience and, what I believe is a great deal. Ended up with:

2010 Gxs Graphite Shadow/Graphite/Premium/Sport/Nav/TECH/Wood/Mats,FirstAid & cargo net

Got it for $300 under invoice (not too bad but it gets better). I also was able to get them to buy my lease from me as a separate trade after this deal was done. I owed about $1000 on the remaining lease payments and would have needed to put about $1000 into repairs to get it ready for lease turn-in. The trade was NOT part of the deal (i.e. not rolled into the new lease). We just did that to get the deal to work.

That was probably the easiest way to do it for them too but I have to tell you - regular trade would have been in the $25,000 to $26,000 range by all acounts and they bought it from me for $29,800!!! Again, I didn't make any money on the trade toward cap cost reduction or anything but I got rid of $1000 in payments and about $1000 in repairs and the headaches that went along with that. Their retail on similar cars at their location and a few other in town is about $32,500 so they don't have a lot of room for profit there once someone starts to negotiate with them so I was happy they offered to do this. If they only paid off the remaining 2 lease payments I would have still had to do the repairs so it worked out awesomely!

My payment is about:
$419 base
$ 38 Tax
$457 total

This includes the $1000 loyalty credit towards cap cost reduction from Infintini.

All in all I can't complain. I feel like I got a killer deal, had a great transaction (2nd one with this dealership) and love the car so far! Again, there was a bit of a wait and I was sweating it since I wasn't sure we were going to get it by end of June and this really is a great time to lease (money factor went wayyyy down to .000142 for this 39 month lease).

Impresssions:
Ok compared to the 08- enough tweaks to not make me tired to drive this car for the next 3+ years. Love the handling, still getting used to the 7 speed 'hunting' for gears. Gotta get used to that but I'm breakin her in.

I had trouble identifying just what differences the Sport package added to the outside look of the car, specifically for the AWD x Sport package. I will try to add some pics so people can see and then compare that with all of the other pics they find. Here's what I found:
- Front end - nice crease accent on the swoop down to, and through the bumper between the headlights and the grill . Three 'levels' on the intake instead of 2. Added accents around the fog lights (more 'complex' if you will). Now that you know of it - take this pic and compare it to a non-sport and you'll see what I mean.
- Headlights - Not 100% sure of the difference here but I'll take a look to see. I've seen comparo pics side by side on these boards and couldn't tell the difference so maybe it's just me. either way - I like em!
-Interior - Paddle shifters, driver side thigh extender. Nice find - the passenger seat has the thigh extender as well! Didn't know that was in the package.

Really like the glossier wood trim. Nice upgrade. Seat heater dials add a nice touch.

Center console - thanks to a post on a thread somewhere, I was told they don't have the little iPod tray standard on the 2010's so I accidentally threw that in my bag when I was moving everything over from my 08 and it fits perfectly! Not sure how I feel about the side 'dent' for the cable pass through but I'll have to see.

More glare from the wood and chrome trim on top of the NAV (same as 08 but also the trim around the gear shifter) but it was an extremely sunny day yesterday so I'll see over time.

Rain sensor is a new addition behind the rearview mirror. Interested to see how effective they are - had em on a Volvo and didnt' like them very much. I prefer delay wipers but maybe the technology has improved. . .

Rearview Monitor picture is definitely not as clear as on my 08. I think the resolution is higher and the camera is still just a crappy fish eye so it's probably like looking at standard def on an HD TV - just reveals the flaws. Anyway - I'm not trying to read a book back there so I think I'll be just fine

Like the sonar on the rear bumper but I'm not sure how usefuly it is with the rearview monitor. Would have liked to have it on the front bumper though!

Definitely have to press the brake harder to get the shift interlock to release. Read that elsewhere so I was prepared for that too.

Love that they kept almost all of the Nav user interface the same but upgraded the look via higher definition on the screen. Was able to jump in, set it and get working right away. The only thing I noticed were a few more menu options that took away some efficiency for me. For example, when I would speak a phone number on my 08 and the system would repeat it back to confirm, I could just press the 'enter' button on the steering wheel and it would dial so I wouldn't have to listen to the whole repeat. On the 2010 there are add'l menu items on the screen so when I press 'enter' during the system repeating the numbers it selects a 'help' menu option or something like that. Not a big deal but caught me by surprise.

So far - VERY happy!!! The car is almost identical, with more equipment, and I'm saving almost $45 per month. Can't complain.

Some of the pics aren't great quality - all cell pics but I hope they help some folks see some of the differences on the x Sport package.

Thanks to everyone for your help and posts. I've learned a lot and it helped me prep for my purchase. Looking forward to giving back.

Jay
That's like 1/2 of the price of the Canadian models.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:43 PM
BLKG37X

Thanks! I agree. I like the aluminum look but I love the wood. They really upgraded it in my opinion. We'll have to see how it does with sun reflections though. My wife's previous Lexus used to get some pretty bad glare with the glossy wood but I think it will be worth that minor inconvenience

Jay
I'm crazy about the warm look and feel of the wood. The aluminum doesn't do anything for me, and the wood on the previous model is dull and fake looking. But the new one is nice - makes me not want to get out of the car
Old 06-29-2010, 06:37 PM
DigMy35x

Yeah - it's weird. I always felt like my 08 was a great car and fun (really fun) to drive but it just lacked a touch of an upgraded feel and agressive look.

Man, I love walking up to my car now. All angles it just looks more agressive and the interior more luxurious.

Have to say I'm very happy so far.

Running into a bit of an issue with the BT but I'm going to try unpairing and repairing my phone to see if that solves it. Otherwise, I'll post on another thread.

Cheers!

Jay
Old 06-29-2010, 11:03 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats on your new G... I got mine 3 weeks ago. No sport package, Premium, NAVI, G37X, Black with Wheat interior / with the wood accents. I have to admit, I really like the wheels on the Sport package. They are 18"? and the sport seats with thigh extenders are really nice touch. I can't complain about my deal: $425/MO lease 18k miles per year, they paid my last 2 months on the old 07 G35X -$880, I paid $2,591 [Bank fee, 1st month , TTL] no cap costs.. On Leases you should pay Cap Costs....
Old 06-30-2010, 06:09 AM
DigMy35x

Hey Almatti - LOVE the Black with Wheat interior. That is always my first choice for what I would pick if I had the time to take care of my car. I just don't I wish I did though!

So I stick with the Graphite Shadow colors. My favorite saying is that the colors like GS never look dirty but they look great clean. Just what I need!

I didn't think I would like the new wheels on the sport package actuallly. I was a little bummed every time I would look at some pics - kinda have the spiderman feel to them. I have to say though, that in person they look really good! I still don't know that they would be my first choice but I am not disappointed in the slightest. Since I lease I wouldn't do anything with the wheels anyway but once I saw the sports in person I don't feel like I need/want to anymore. They really did a nice job with the upgrades!

Jay
Old 07-03-2010, 10:22 AM
falcons2121

My payment is about:
$419 base
$ 38 Tax
$457 total

Impresssions:

Jay

Congrats on your new g37xS. I also got rid of my 2008 G35x for a new g37xS, but through different circumstances. My car was written off by some idiot who decided to just rear end me going around 50 km at a stop light. The good news was that i was within the 2 year depreciation waiver by 1 month, so i ended up getting all my lease payments back for the 2 years i drove the car.

I just picked up my 2010 black g37xS last week and was wondering if you found that the engine is just a lot louder in general compared to my 2008. After the accident i drove a BMW 5 series for a month or so and that probably had something to do with it. How are you liking the new transmission now?
Attached Thumbnails New 2010GxS - Graphite Shadow / Graphite / Wood Pics & Impressions-img00029-20100601-1648.jpg   New 2010GxS - Graphite Shadow / Graphite / Wood Pics & Impressions-img00027-20100601-1646.jpg  

Quick Reply: New 2010GxS - Graphite Shadow / Graphite / Wood Pics & Impressions