Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 10:24 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
congrats man!
Old 07-03-2010, 07:26 PM
G37NC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ended up with the wood trim on my '10 sedan Sport. According to the sales manager, 2010 was the first year wood trim was an option on the Sport model. I cannot confirm the validity of this, but I know I got the only one on the lot with that combo.

As much as I like the looks of the wood trim, boy does it show the dust. I keep a small microfiber cloth in the door pocket just to clean the trim daily. The wood is like a dust magnet, but I still would rather have it than the brushed aluminum.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:46 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There were two GS/Graphite G37's at the dealer when I got mine. The only difference was that one had the wood and the other had the aluminum. For me, there was no contest. The wood makes it look like an old person's car. The aluminum looks sporty and youthful.

Truth be told, I don't like wood in any car....
Old 07-04-2010, 06:54 AM
DigMy35x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by falcons2121
Congrats on your new g37xS. I also got rid of my 2008 G35x for a new g37xS, but through different circumstances. My car was written off by some idiot who decided to just rear end me going around 50 km at a stop light. The good news was that i was within the 2 year depreciation waiver by 1 month, so i ended up getting all my lease payments back for the 2 years i drove the car.

I just picked up my 2010 black g37xS last week and was wondering if you found that the engine is just a lot louder in general compared to my 2008. After the accident i drove a BMW 5 series for a month or so and that probably had something to do with it. How are you liking the new transmission now?
Wow - glad you are ok and that you were able to get your insurance company to do their job!!! Congrats on the 2010!

I am trying to get used to the transmission. It defnitely takes a lot more effort to drive it around town and in traffic. Lots of up/down/hunting but I am definitely adapting. That's what the 'adaptive transmission' is all about right? We, the drivers, have to adapt to the way the car's transmission works right?

I haven't really pushed the engine too hard to see what I think about the sound so I'm not the best judge yet. It doesn't bother me though if that's what you are asking.

So far I love it!

I am having some BT issues but I belive that they are probably 100% phone related - waiting to replace current phone to see.

Also, yesterday took my first highway trip since I got the car last week. Unfortunately, I got the dreaded whistling noise coming from the back (I think it's the fixed part of the rear passenger side window from some other posts I've seen). I'll have that checked soon.

Good luck with your buggy - enjoy it!!!

Jay
Old 07-04-2010, 06:55 AM
DigMy35x

Originally Posted by G37NC
I ended up with the wood trim on my '10 sedan Sport. According to the sales manager, 2010 was the first year wood trim was an option on the Sport model. I cannot confirm the validity of this, but I know I got the only one on the lot with that combo.

As much as I like the looks of the wood trim, boy does it show the dust. I keep a small microfiber cloth in the door pocket just to clean the trim daily. The wood is like a dust magnet, but I still would rather have it than the brushed aluminum.

Yep, I'm 99% sure that this is true. I was pretty excited that they opened this option up.

I know someone else posted that they think the wood look is for old people but I disagree. Everyone has their own opinion. I like the aluminum but prefer the wood. Some people prefer the aluminum. Either way - it's nice to have the option now!

I also agree about the wood being a dust magnet. Holy moley!!!! I have a mini California Duster in my car. A few bucks from Walmart and it seems to do really well. I just have to keep it on the floor in the back instead of the trunk now!

Enjoy your ride man!

Jay
Old 07-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
falcons2121: Hate the new 7 spd AT.... Not responsive, too much gear hunting, and with the less sensitive throttle that Infiniti in it's "infinite" wisdom elected to de-sensitize" [loved the 07 G35X], the car does NOT drive the same. In fact with more HP, 328 ponies, it drives worse. 08 & 09 owners have cited the response issues. Should have read those first and Really test drove the 2010. I ASSUMED (you know hat that word is ) with just a short test drive, that the car was the same "G"..... Man, I miss my 07!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 10:06 AM
falcons2121

Originally Posted by Almatti
falcons2121: Hate the new 7 spd AT.... Not responsive, too much gear hunting, and with the less sensitive throttle that Infiniti in it's "infinite" wisdom elected to de-sensitize" [loved the 07 G35X], the car does NOT drive the same. In fact with more HP, 328 ponies, it drives worse. 08 & 09 owners have cited the response issues. Should have read those first and Really test drove the 2010. I ASSUMED (you know hat that word is ) with just a short test drive, that the car was the same "G"..... Man, I miss my 07!!!
Yeah finding it the same way.....i just don't get that omph like my 08. Due to my situation, i was just happy that i wasn't injured and that i was getting a new car with payments lower than my 08 lol. First time that i didn't test drive a car, and like you said, assumed that it must drive the same. Still liking it, atleast it looks alot better, except for the rims.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:10 AM
falcons2121

Originally Posted by DigMy35x
Wow - glad you are ok and that you were able to get your insurance company to do their job!!! Congrats on the 2010!

I am trying to get used to the transmission. It defnitely takes a lot more effort to drive it around town and in traffic. Lots of up/down/hunting but I am definitely adapting. That's what the 'adaptive transmission' is all about right? We, the drivers, have to adapt to the way the car's transmission works right?

I haven't really pushed the engine too hard to see what I think about the sound so I'm not the best judge yet. It doesn't bother me though if that's what you are asking.

So far I love it!

I am having some BT issues but I belive that they are probably 100% phone related - waiting to replace current phone to see.

Also, yesterday took my first highway trip since I got the car last week. Unfortunately, I got the dreaded whistling noise coming from the back (I think it's the fixed part of the rear passenger side window from some other posts I've seen). I'll have that checked soon.

Good luck with your buggy - enjoy it!!!

Jay

I'm using a blackberry 9700, and its been working great.

Sorry to hear about that whistling noise. Had it on my 08 rear passenger side as well, damn annoying. they replaced the triangle mirror, and it was all good. I'm going on the highway today for the first time, just praying that i don't hear it.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:58 PM
VernSchillinger

Can you please comment on the difference in steering feel between your '08 and the '10. Is the steering feel a lot lighter than the '08. I've driven an '07 and a '10 (not the X model though) and MUCH prefer the lighter steering feel in on '10. I think they've done a masterful job in lightening the feel without compromising feedback. Just curious if you had a view on this. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Vern: I agree at first I thought the steering compared to the 07 I had was a little to light, but having driven it a few months now, I prefer the lighter steering. It does have excellent feedback and seems "quicker'. Now if they could only do something with the 7 spd Auto Tranny !!!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:17 AM
IntegraHellsing

Very sweet looking car! Looks identical to my sedan, except the interior, I'm one of the few who like the shodo aluminum apparently. I'm also leasing, 388 a month(upped my annual to
12k). Have fun with the nice ride!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:43 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I kind of did the same thing but with coupes instead. I had an 08 6MT and traded it in for a 10 7AT sport. Got a new car with the newer features (nav weather, seat heater dials, sonar, hi-res screen, etc) for about $100 less per month! Win-win! I wish I had the rain sensors but I guess that is a sedan-only feature?
Old 08-17-2010, 10:42 PM
DigMy35x

Vern: I agree about the steering feeling a bit lighter but also controlled. I really like the feel. My 08 did feel like it was bit more effort to drive.

I had the 08x and now the 10xS.

I'm not sure how much of that is steering or if it's related to the bigger tires - not sure but I like it!

Didn't even drive the non-x version so I can't speak to those. Too much snow in these parts not to get the x.

Jay