G37 Sedan

Is There Something Wrong With The Auto Climate Control?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Is There Something Wrong With The Auto Climate Control?

Just noticed today, with the recent hot temperatures, that the Auto Climate Control - set at 72 say, on my 2010 G37X, doesn't go into auto Full Blast A/C....?? Is something wrong? Isn't supposed to go full blast, cool off the interior to the set temperature and then turn down the blower speed and introduce the outside air?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:17 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
My 07 & my 09 Gs you had to push the left button in to activate "auto" mode, once the button is pushed it will blast the AC then eventually spool down as the cabin cools down. Just setting it at 72 won't accelerate the fan and it will take much longer to cool down.
HTHs
Old 06-25-2010, 12:21 AM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine goes into, if not full blast, at least 4 or 5 bars high.And that's when set at 78-79. Outside temps here have been in the 90s all week. Sounds like something's not right. You definitely have it on auto? (light should be on next to the left ****)

Sometimes it takes a minute for the system to get itself working up to full blast, like while the car is warming up, but otherwise it works just as you say it does. What exactly is happening for you instead?
Old 06-25-2010, 02:32 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm half way through a long trip and in Kansas right now. We had some days that were 100+ degrees here. I would set the fan to the highest setting to cool the G down at first. Once it was cool, the fan was too loud so I set it lower.
It wasn't until I read this post that I noticed my AC wasn't set to auto.
Now that I set it back to auto it cools the car down properly. I guess I just assumed it was still on auto, now I'll keep an eye on the auto light.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:33 PM
SCWells72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I talked to my service adviser about the automatic climate control on my 2010 G37S this week while I was in for my first scheduled maintenance. I live in Texas where it's running in the mid-to-high 90s pretty much every day now. My AC runs full blast pretty much non-stop if I set the cabin temperature to anything lower than 80 degrees. I have to set it 6-8 degrees higher than expected for it to behave normally. By normally I mean that in every other car I've owned with automatic AC, if I leave the cabin temp on 72-74 degrees the fan will blow a bit when you first get into the car to cool down the cabin, but pretty quickly it dials down and creates a comfortable overall cabin temp without monsoon-like winds. In the G37 I actually have to turn the fan down or the temperature up or my hands end up freezing cold and my hair ends up plastered back as if I were in a convertible!

The service guys checked my car's diagnostics and said it's working normally. They explained the three sensors that are factored into the fan strength and air temp. They told me that this is not a common complaint at all on the Gs and that I can either adjust the fan speed manually or set the temperature higher until I'm comfortable. I guess that's fine but it's definitely different from the automatic climate control behavior of my wife's current Lexus or our previous cars (Audi, Lexus, BMW, Acura, MINI, etc.).
Old 06-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Almatti

Yep. Definetely in AUTO mode. Something's wrong with my Climate Control. It should go into full blast cooling at any lower temperature 72, 74, 76, when it's 90 outside. SOB.... Never had this problem in the m,ultitude of cars I've owned includeing my old 07 G35X. Man I miss that car.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Almatti

When I first picked my car up two weeks ago, it performed as you have ddescribed: Got too cold, at 74, 76, even 78..... Now when I first get into the car - during the heat wave here in NY, set at 72, 74 - Auto Mode, it did not go into Full Blast ASuto Cooling as it should. Something's wrong. Gonna bring it to the Dealer with my first "complimenatary 1,000 mile service shortly. unless it bugs be enough for me to bring it in next week.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:47 PM
exit9

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Are there any objects covering the sunload sensor?
Attached Thumbnails Is There Something Wrong With The Auto Climate Control?-sunload_sensor.jpg  
Old 06-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Almatti

No objects on the daash covering the sensors. I turned down to 60 and it still did not go full blast. Saw 4 bars on the blower graph, but not full blast as it should. I'm thinking.....that this car lowers the blower speed when using voice recognition. I have my cell phone on when entering the car, bluetooth picks it up within a minute. Maybe something to do with that. We'll see when I bring 'er in for first check up at 1,000 miles.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:13 AM
Almatti

Retraction: Now with the G parked in the sun, I did experience Full Blast Auto A/C kick in. Evidently, in original post of this thread, the car was parked in a covered garage, drove a relatively short distance of 4 miles to get home and the Auto Climate Control never went into full blast mode even with the outside temperature at 90 degrees.... She worked yesterday as designed....
Old 06-27-2010, 09:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Almatti
Retraction: Now with the G parked in the sun, I did experience Full Blast Auto A/C kick in. Evidently, in original post of this thread, the car was parked in a covered garage, drove a relatively short distance of 4 miles to get home and the Auto Climate Control never went into full blast mode even with the outside temperature at 90 degrees.... She worked yesterday as designed....
Glad to hear it's working. Mine seldom goes "full blast" unless I've been parked in the sun in hot weather with no sunshade. Even then, it only lasts a couple of minutes until the cabin cools down enough for the fan to kick down.

I can't say enough positive things about the a/c in this car. The system in my IS350 was anemic by comparison, and it was by no means a bad a/c system.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Almatti

15951: Agreed... It does have a great A/C system. Now, if I could get that 7sp AT to perform better, Id' Be Very Happy.....
Old 06-28-2010, 02:31 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Almatti
Now, if I could get that 7sp AT to perform better, Id' Be Very Happy.....
Just keep it above 40 and you'll like it
Actually I really like accelerating through the gears in the 7spd, decelerating not so much, that's the time I really miss my 07s 5spd
Old 06-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Almatti

Couldn't agree with you blnewt more!! I am starting to get on a mission to have Infiniti FIX this !! Your're right the deacceleration [40-25 or MPH] is absolutely horrible. gear hunting, bucking, If I could them to take back this Car...... I would do it ina NanoSecond.