G37 Sedan

What should i Do???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 01:24 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wish you had been on swapalease when I was shopping. My payment is way higher than that....
Old 06-21-2010, 01:42 AM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CGAR
Wait a minute am I the only one who noticed this persons FIRST car is a $40,000 Infiniti! And it was a mistake? LMAO!!!! My first car was a Datsun 720 pickup with a million miles on it and i worked my tail off to get it. Be thankfull for what you have for you are luckier than most.
And wants to trade it in for something twice the price! If you can afford that kind of car, there really are much better options for that kind of money.

I doubt there are any leases available on an H2 anymore. Probably would have to buy used. I don't think GM is the hallmark of reliability or anything.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:14 AM
tokyo_gaijin

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
IMO, if you WANT to drive a H2 you should stick a fork in a wall socket and try to shock the crazy out of your system

Old 06-21-2010, 07:19 AM
use2vw

If you are going to get rid of the car? Are you willing to part's out the MODS? What have you done to the car? I'm also lease and could use some reversible upgrades.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:24 AM
JaxG

did you ask your mom and dad yet if they will pay for the insurance on the H2 since they are already paying your insurance now?
Also how are you going to afford payments more than the $350 youre paying now, besides the fact that youre probably upside down on the G.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:35 AM
SingletrackMind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, count your lucky stars and ride it out for the lease, you'll learn to cope with this rough spell. My firsta car was a Dodge/mistubishi Colt with almost 200k on it, and you had to stop once in a while to check the gas and fill up with oil. I am also going to be blunt and say you sound very fortunate/spoiled, so if I were in you position, I would be very thankful to say the least.

Use the 3 years to do some intense research and test driving until you know for sure what you want. The Hummer is not a good buy for all the reasons already stated. I know a lot of people who bought Oldsmobiles for dirt cheap when the brand was discontinued, and they are worth about as much as a used pair of underwear. Don't rush into another situation you're going to regret.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:47 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JaxG
did you ask your mom and dad yet if they will pay for the insurance on the H2 since they are already paying your insurance now?
Also how are you going to afford payments more than the $350 youre paying now, besides the fact that youre probably upside down on the G.
this.

well said JaxG
Old 06-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Pip

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 15951
You can't just give a lease car back, and the dealer has absolutely no incentive to help you. You're not even looking to buy another car from them, after all.

Mistake #1 was putting $4,000 down on a lease. If you had gotten t-boned leaving the dealership, much of that money would have probably been gone. That said, you have to decide how poor of a financial decision you can stomach. When you go to trade on that H2, the dealer (or Infiniti Financial after the fact) will collect the balance of your lease payments in addition to any wear and tear and disposition fees.
$4,000 down payment
35 remaining payments @ $350 = $12,250
So you're looking at paying $16,250 in order to have the option to buy a car that is part of a dying brand. Read the letter on their website that essentially explains that the brand is phased out. That means your Hummer will depreciate even faster than it would have otherwise, and you'll end up buying it because lease payments will be insane (because of said depreciation), if leasing is even offered. Good luck trying to find a buyer for that vehicle in a few years when you tire of going slow and getting 14 mpg on your best day. You'll likely take another huge hit when you finally dump it for something else.

Definitely try swapalease or leasetrader, and be prepared for time and patience while you try to "sell" the lease and deal with the transfer process. If I were you, I'd just gut it out and drive a very nice car for the next 2.75 years. You mention this is your first car, which tells me you're pretty young. Please take the advice you're getting here and realize that this idea is beyond nuts. If you're totally bent on flushing $16k+ in cash down the toilet, put it into growth funds and thank me in around 35 years.

I know this post is blunt, but this is a bad bad bad BAD idea.
Agree. Why not go back to dealer and look at an FX or EX?
Old 06-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Marc Collins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where was this information revealed? If you are just supposing, then you should refrain from slandering people in that manner.

I think the H2 is probably the stupidest vehicle ever manufactured, and that has been said already. But I am not about to suggest that someone who wants one is mentally deficient or has more money than brains, etc. It's his choice. And lastly, if he is willing to forgo most or all of his downpayment, it shouldn't be a problem at all to get someone to takeover his lease at a good monthly. So what's the problem?
Old 06-21-2010, 11:37 AM
JaxG

Originally Posted by Marc Collins
Where was this information revealed? If you are just supposing, then you should refrain from slandering people in that manner.

I think the H2 is probably the stupidest vehicle ever manufactured, and that has been said already. But I am not about to suggest that someone who wants one is mentally deficient or has more money than brains, etc. It's his choice. And lastly, if he is willing to forgo most or all of his downpayment, it shouldn't be a problem at all to get someone to takeover his lease at a good monthly. So what's the problem?
Read his firsts posts, thanks.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...the-prowl.html

Last edited by JaxG; 06-21-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: added info
Old 06-21-2010, 11:55 AM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Dude, why did you buy the car if you're not comfortable in it? Did you even test drive it before signing on the dotted line?
Old 06-21-2010, 12:46 PM
SM_Shadowman

Oh, this is that guy?

C'mon, man this doesn't add up at all. You're 16-years old, leased a G and now think you made a mistake and are going to get a hummer H2?

I see one of three possibilities here:

1. You have rich parents who cater to your every whim. I know you claimed in the linked post you are paying for this car "all by yourself," but with the mods, etc, I'm not buying that.

2. You are delusional.

3. This is an elaborate troll.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:54 PM
ucla bruin

I agree with checking out the FX35 or 50. One of the best looking SUVs out there IMO.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:18 PM
JaxG

If mom and dad are gonna buy a new SUV, might as well get something that will get you through the zombie apocalypse:

Knight XV: Luxury SUV Of The Apocalypse - Geekologie
Old 06-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Gobbler Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you will have to be willing to eat some money. try the links that have been given and see who bites. or you can just sell the car outright. no matter what you are going to lose money, you just have to find your comfort spot. even if you try to get a FX or EX, you will lose something. nature of the beast with cars.