G37 Sedan

Any Former Acura Owners Here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:34 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by YetiTL
Your dealers are a$$ h***s and you do well to take your business elsewhere.

I have great service and great price. But seriously, I don't think you can judge a whole brand by 1-2 dealers. Or maybe you can...at least you can find a good car dealer in your area , which is cool...
besides the fact the dealers don't do the right thing.

build quality is very poor.
truck had 2k on it my wife hits a speed bump super slow. Half the dash was in my lap.
had tranmisson problems,inside femder well cracked(not from me or wifie)
it goes on and on.
what an overprices piece of junk.
infiniti has taken care of every problem with my coupe big or small.
the worst part was I caught them washing it with the same towel they use on the rims.

infiniti rolls out the red carpet
acura yanks the rug out from under.

never will I buy acura, for this kind of $$ you should ay least take care of your customers.
not try to get over for stuff that is under warranty.

acura is garbage, could care less about what dealer they all treat you like crap.

never again.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:28 PM
KingG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly I've owned lots of cars and all brands have garbage cars and great cars and people who say the entire brand is bad because of owning a car is just probably really frustrated with the lemon car they had and are just venting...which is understandable. There is the other side too ..people who own one car in a brand and are suddenly diehard loyals to the brand for life.

I can go from forum to forum that I am on and people talk good and bad about the exact same vehicle...Audi, Lexus, MB, BMW, Acura, Infiniti etc. and i've owned at least one in all of those brands (except audi..never bought one of those). Some people get a good dealer right around the corner some have to drive 3 hours away BUT some things are always the same no matter where you go.. the more you know about your vehicle and fixing it the less frustrating it is. Dealers are a rip off no matter which one you go to ..some are really nice and take your money ...some are really horrible and take your money ...but it's a business right.

I've caught every dealer i've been to trying scams..i've lost count at how many different dealers over the years from different brands. I have heard the funniest stories of what's wrong when I carry it in for warranty work. I can fix it myself..i'm certified to.. but I have this CRAZY idea that if it's under warranty it should be fixed free and not by me

What i'm trying to say...hmmm ...just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean an entire brand is garbage. I currently also have an acura in the stable and it's been great to me but then again all my vehicles have been good to me.. maybe i just take super good care of them. And BTW as of now I still haven't found a brand that really stands out to me..they all have good and bad points.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:45 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just a quick comment on the dealers trying scams: I think this happens all the time. In my book, a scam can be as simple as recommending something that I don't need at the moment. Do I always believe what my dealer says? No. But I usually do my homework and gather enough information so I know when they try to scam/lie. I think that's the best way to avoid this kind of thing. Either that or find yourself an independent mechanic that you can trust.

Back on the topic, I was very close on getting the 08 TL-S (old body style) but 3 things that made me pick the G

1. RWD
2. 328hp
3. The '09 TL already came out and was (is) ugly. I hate to buy a new car that is old.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:55 PM
RISKY GUY

Forget the delaer scams, acura is crap.
Sorry to tell you i have problems all the way to corporate.
I know many people who have had just about every acura made.
a tl/rl/cl/tl-s type/Mdx. you name it, i know someone who had one & says the same thing. And its not just the RDX I own, the dealer's service bay are COVERED with RDX's & don't hardly even see any on the street.
Have bought a alot of brands that don't live up to their name, So I know when something is just made poorly , vs a problematic vehicle.
And tl's are made in canada.
Why woud you want a japanese car made in Canada.
Nothing against Canada, just your not exactly on the forefront of manufacturing cars.
Acura has slipped in the quality section.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:52 PM
YetiTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
Forget the delaer scams, acura is crap.
Sorry to tell you i have problems all the way to corporate.
I know many people who have had just about every acura made.
a tl/rl/cl/tl-s type/Mdx. you name it, i know someone who had one & says the same thing. And its not just the RDX I own, the dealer's service bay are COVERED with RDX's & don't hardly even see any on the street.
Have bought a alot of brands that don't live up to their name, So I know when something is just made poorly , vs a problematic vehicle.
And tl's are made in canada.
Why woud you want a japanese car made in Canada.
Nothing against Canada, just your not exactly on the forefront of manufacturing cars.
Acura has slipped in the quality section.
Sorry to tell you that but TL are made in Marysville, Ohio, USA. Maybe you meant, the US isn't at the forefront of manufacturing cars? Personaly, I wouldn't say that as I don't know enough of the manufacturing process of all the numerous car brands but you are entitled to your opinion...of course...

And I pass in front of my dealership twice per day and I can't say I saw a lot of RDX around the maintenance bay. Sorry Risky, I'm sorry to hear you had problems with your Acura but if I judged Infiniti from what I read on the forums, it would be the crappiest brand ever...

Which I definitly think it's not.

Anyway, I consider this argument futile. The OP was about the former Acura owners, I repleid I liked both cars and brands and then you stepped in writing Acura is a crap corp. Let's get this thread back on topic, should we? If you want to pursue this argument, PM me and we can write about this until the sun burns off all its hydrogen...

Hadokenuh: That was 3 very valid reasons to move out! If you live in a climate where RWD is pratical, then it makes perfect sense! I liked a lot the precise steering feel of the RWD of the G37x coupe I test-drove. The 328 hp VQ37 is a noble engine as well!
Old 07-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Jayhawk815

Just joined this site!

I too came over from Acurazine.com. I still frequent their ramblings section quite a bit.

I was initially in the market for an '09 G37 but found a great deal on a '08 G35xS w/nav that I couldn't pass up. Like many have already said, I would have considered the '09 TL if it wasn't so damn ugly. Sure, you can paint or mod the grille to make it look better, but I didn't feel comfortable having to mod a car just to make it look decent. I came from owning a '99 TL that I'd driven for over 7 years, and have been extremely happy with the G so far. That is, except for the significant decrease in mpg. Oh well, can't have it all.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:38 PM
volnedan

Test drove the manual SH-AWD model TL earlier this year and was thoroughly impressed. It was black/black, so the styling didn't bother me too much. Plus I drove it at night, which probably helped hide its ugly. To me, the clutch/tranny are much smoother than Inifniti's, and I'm super jealous that Acura of all companies can pair a manual transmission with AWD, yet Infiniti cannot. WTF

Anyhoo, for the value I chose getting another G over the TL without thinking twice. Maybe if the 6MT version of the TL wasn't $43k to start I would have considered it.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:06 PM
white venom

Originally Posted by Jayhawk815
Just joined this site!

I too came over from Acurazine.com. I still frequent their ramblings section quite a bit.
Same here... I used to own an 08 Acura TL-S
I used to work for an Acura dealership and now work for Nissan so I got an Awesome deal on my G(through my VPP) that I couldnt pass up. I love the switch-- more HP, RWD, awesome interior.
I never had any major problems with my TL and my wife drives a RL and love it
Old 07-21-2010, 08:00 PM
consultant1027

I used to drive an 02 TL-S. I like the styling of the next gen TL, not the latest. Unfortunately, they are as common as Honda Accords just about which is a negative for me as I hate to see mirror images of myself in my car everywhere. The Honda/Acura powertrain is much more smooth and refined compared to the G37x I drove. Some people like the rumble and live with the sometimes twitchy-can't make up my mind 7-speed. The G35 5-speed gets slightly worse gas mileage than the 37 which is already a little below average for a Japanese 6-cyl.

The new TL is as every one says, fugly. What kind of market test group did they use when designing the body styling? Probably none or a bunch of retards. Honda would be selling double the TL's if the designers and the manager weren't drinking too much Sake. I test drove one and was not impressed. Don't get me wrong, good car, drives great, but when you are comparing to G37X and last gen TL Type-S, it really isn't much to write home about - feels kinda of boaty to me. The last gen Type-S, the steering is too heavy believe it or not, WAY heavy even when driving slow. The seats suck compared to my Volvo and trail the Infiniti seats too. Suspension is hard but sucks up small bumps okay. Lots of last gen TL owners report minor nuisance rattles too.

I'm probably leaning towards an Acura RL if I can't find a G37XS as the economy has really hit the resale on the flagship sedans pretty bad. At least it is AWD, roomy, goo stereo, and is a nice cruiser/road-trip car. Wish the G37 had better stereo but that cn be fixed. Ya RL is heavier with less power (an bland styling unless you get A-Spec pkg) but my Autobahn days are drifting behind me as my grey hair starts to take over. I'll get a Lotus Elise or something to fulfill the sport car urge.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Hapa DC5

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I always had HondAcuras. We have an '09 Fit Sport now and I traded my '06 TL for my G. I loved my TL, the RWD bug bit me.

I still frequent acurazine. Glad I have my G though.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:18 PM
RISKY GUY

Originally Posted by YetiTL
Sorry to tell you that but TL are made in Marysville, Ohio, USA. Maybe you meant, the US isn't at the forefront of manufacturing cars? Personaly, I wouldn't say that as I don't know enough of the manufacturing process of all the numerous car brands but you are entitled to your opinion...of course...

And I pass in front of my dealership twice per day and I can't say I saw a lot of RDX around the maintenance bay. Sorry Risky, I'm sorry to hear you had problems with your Acura but if I judged Infiniti from what I read on the forums, it would be the crappiest brand ever...

Which I definitly think it's not.

Anyway, I consider this argument futile. The OP was about the former Acura owners, I repleid I liked both cars and brands and then you stepped in writing Acura is a crap corp. Let's get this thread back on topic, should we? If you want to pursue this argument, PM me and we can write about this until the sun burns off all its hydrogen...

Hadokenuh: That was 3 very valid reasons to move out! If you live in a climate where RWD is pratical, then it makes perfect sense! I liked a lot the precise steering feel of the RWD of the G37x coupe I test-drove. The 328 hp VQ37 is a noble engine as well!
You are wrong, not to waste the time even explaining.

Some Acura's are made in Ohio * but the TL & ZDX are made in Ontario,CANADA.

You know nothing about Acura.

& there is not an argument, you just don't know anything about the op topic, that is WHAT IS WRONG WITH ACURA.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:18 PM
YetiTL

& there is not an argument, you just don't know anything about the op topic, that is WHAT IS WRONG WITH ACURA.
Whatever you want sir:

Acura TL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Honda of America Manufacturing, Inc., Marysville, Ohio - Marysville Auto Plant

Seem to me like the TL is made in Ohio, the MDX is made in Canada, IIRC. But you must really know your ****, right?

But I disgress, I'll let you make an s$$ of yourself...my apologies to the other posters, some of you have some very valid points. Acura/Honda has some issues to fix (uhmmm... like what it want to stand for as a car manufacturer and exterior styling).
Old 07-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Hapa DC5

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ALL TLs are made in Ohio. The VIN on my TL starts with 19UUA6... 1 meaning American made.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:18 AM
xixonmn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No... The third and fourth gen. TL are designed in California and made in Ohio.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:04 AM
ak47
Banned

theres no way a acura els system is better than a g's bose system. hell no. blast the acura system it starts to crack and rattle the speakers not in the infiniti.

Quick Reply: Any Former Acura Owners Here?