G37 Sedan

Any Former Acura Owners Here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 07:49 AM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Creepers
i had a beautiful 2004 arctic blue tsx. it was so much fun to drive on twisty roads, but it was a little underpowered. for instance, i didnt like being passed by some douche in a nissan pathfinder going top speed at 130 mph (yeah, yeah spare me the lecture about street racing - i was young and stupid).
A Pathfinder passed you when you were going 130 mph? Seriously? I didn't think a Pathfinder could go that fast!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:02 AM
use2vw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Had '06 TSX 6sp for a while and only wished it had 250hp and 200 trq. It would have been a keeper for life. Traded for '10 G37x Sedan and...sure WOW power, but miss alot of things that where better laid out inside the ACURA. Like mentioned previously, wouldn't even consider going to Acura dealership for guillotine Grill = WTF where they think? (It's one thing when a select few have a bad opinion about something, but it's a sure loser when 95% of the automotive community looks the other way) Just hope that the Infiniti has as good if not better reliability.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:06 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by use2vw
Had '06 TSX 6sp for a while and only wished it had 250hp and 200 trq. It would have been a keeper for life.
You do realize they make the new TSX with an optional V6 now, right? Unfortunately, it's not available with the 6MT.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Creepers

Originally Posted by MSCA
A Pathfinder passed you when you were going 130 mph? Seriously? I didn't think a Pathfinder could go that fast!

believe me, when that douche in the pathfinder crept past me with his toothy grin i thought the same thing!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Ike427

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had an 04tl, 6spd with nav and as others have said I miss the interior BUT I never liked fwd, timing belts, or modest acceleration. The G seems bigger than the TL but with less room, especially in the trunk. But I do like the performance, I had an 03Z and still have a Cobra replica and all things considered the G37x holds it's own in my opinion.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:55 PM
urirx98

former Acura owners

I had 2 Acuras before moving back to Infiniti. I had a 03 Acura MDX and before that had a 01 CL Type S. loved them both, but every car i get gets better then the last. What u guys thinK??

Old 06-12-2010, 10:18 AM
BillPaul

I have been a Honda/Acura admirer since we bought our first Honda Accord in 1982. We have driven almost nothing but Accords since then. I anxiously awaited the 2009 update of the Acura TSX, thinking that I would buy it.

Unfortunately, I think the previous model (as posted here) was a better car, and I regret not buying it when I had the chance. I test drove the 2010 TL SHAWD and decided it is ugly & bloated, but otherwise a very capable car.

So, I bought a G37S 6MT sedan. I used to think Infiniti was a stodgy brand, but no more. I think Honda/Acura has lost its way.

Last edited by BillPaul; 06-12-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:49 AM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BillPaul
So, I bought a G37S 6MT sedan. I used to think Infiniti was a stodgy brand, but no more. I think Honda/Acura has lost its way.
Congrats on your enlightenment. <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ptong/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/03/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <woNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} pre {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Courier New"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Courier New"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.attribute-value {mso-style-name:attribute-value;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->*</style>
Old 06-12-2010, 11:14 AM
robxc80

i had an 05TL 6MT. Loved the car and the styling. really enjoyed owning it but i always wanted more power.

GOt tired of the same ol car and picked up my g37s 6mt. happy with the decision but miss a lot of the civilized aspects of the tl.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:58 AM
PascalT

On style alone the G should be enough to make anyone buy it. Acuras these days look like something out of a Transformers movie. Like my salesman said about their styling: " What were they thunking?"
Old 06-12-2010, 04:32 PM
zoner

those 01 CL S's were real nice looking when de-badged in the rear.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:59 PM
angelo_beer

I still have an 04 TL (now it's my wife's) and I purchased an 09 Blue slate G37x nav. I love the TL, howver in between the TL & G I had a Pilot that was a lemon ( 17 service visits for warranty work in 20 months) and Honda would not help me out, so I was happy that the 09 TL is so ugly that I was not tempted to reward Honda with a sale. I love the G, I have 24KM and have done only rgeular maintenance. I just don't know what Acura was thinking with that "beak" on the TL, it is FUGLY!
Old 06-13-2010, 12:45 PM
HoustonG37

Had a 04 TL and loved it until the transmission went out totally and stranded me in East Texas. While it had 120K miles on it, I still expected more out of a Honda product. Despite this, I still miss it a lot. I like the exterior and interior stylings of the TL better than the G, but the power of the G is what sold me. I was/am disappointed by the squeaks and rattles in both cars however. Due to the transmission problem and the looks of the new TL (which make me want to vomit when I see it), I never even considered looking at it when it came time to get a new car.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:16 PM
urirx98

I dropped a tranny in my CL TYpe S with like 20 k miles, and when i turned it in after 3 years and like 40k mikes, i could have gotten a 3rd tranny. Acura had some serious tranny issues when they 1st started putting the tiptronic auto trannys in. I still loved the car, was my only 2 door car i leased, the rest have been 4 doors.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:27 PM
BillPaul

Originally Posted by HoustonG37
Had a 04 TL and loved it until the transmission went out totally and stranded me in East Texas. While it had 120K miles on it, I still expected more out of a Honda product. Despite this, I still miss it a lot. I like the exterior and interior stylings of the TL better than the G, but the power of the G is what sold me. I was/am disappointed by the squeaks and rattles in both cars however. Due to the transmission problem and the looks of the new TL (which make me want to vomit when I see it), I never even considered looking at it when it came time to get a new car.
I recently did a test drive of the 2010 TL SHAWD. It was better than I thought it would be, but I agree: the deal breaker was the grill. If I didn't ever have to look at the front of the car, it might have been tolerable. The grill seems to be smiling at you, and it breaks up the lines of the car. Hard to believe a manufacturer could come up with something so outlandish. Nevertheless, i do occasionally run into apparently intelligent people who have bought the car and like its looks. I guess they are esthetically challenged.

Quick Reply: Any Former Acura Owners Here?