G37 Sedan

Wear and Tear Coverage when Leasing

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 01:43 AM
yevi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
A joke as in they didn't give a damn, or a joke that they tried to nail you for a ton of insignificant things??
They didn't seem to care too much. He looked over the car in about a minute. The one thing they did the most was check the paint thickness. Found 2 scratches, one was 3" the other 2" for which they charged $200.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:10 AM
MalbecG37S

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
You have to watch out for curb rash on your wheels. It's easy to spot - and they calculate a sizable charge for it...

I got a really good deal on a 'wheel/ding/windshield' package on my car - if any of those things need repair over the next 3 years, it's covered w/o a deductible. Gives me peace of mind. As meticulous I am about my car, my last 2 cars have each gotten a door ding (I really hate people sometimes) - and a small bit of curb rash (I really hate myself sometimes! LOL) I got the package more for me than to cover the lease - each one of those items bugs the heck out of me when on the car. Every time I wash it...I see the damage and it pains me.

The windshield 'pop' coverage was a bonus to me - but with all the road construction around here I thought I might need that more than anything else (for the folks in DFW - I travel 114 every day - right through the Grapevine Connector project - uggg)

When I turned in my Murano, the inspector was pretty thorough - found 2 small scratches/dents - but also told me she could tell I took good care of the vehicle and wasn't going to 'ding' me with repairs. She is also the one who told me to take care of the wheels - it is the first thing the inspectors look for and 'must' report...

I've leased a few...owned a few....I take care of all my cars the same. I've learned not to worry about it - it is what it is.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 AM
MSK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's all dependent on who you lease through. I've heard Acura gives you $1500 damage waiver rolled into the lease price which is nice, but they also hire a 3rd party inspector who puts the car up on a lift etc to thoroughly inspect for damages.

I would like to say if they see that you took care of the car, you'll get a fair treatment though. Although it worries me that sometimes things like little rock dings / golf ball type things aren't always in your control.